Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Game 8: Mercer 38, Campbell 31---FINAL (7-1, 3-1 Pioneer)
Bookmark and Share
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
Exclamation Football Game 8: Mercer 38, Campbell 31---FINAL (7-1, 3-1 Pioneer)
This could be Mercer's first road win. Campbell only has 1 win and it's over a non-D1 team. It's not going to be easy though, as Campbell has been putting up some points. Campbell did lose to Valpo in a shootout, I believe the final score was in the 40's. So if Mercer can hold Valpo's offense down, I don't see why they can't hold Campbell's down as well! Let's go Bears!! Beat that old Atlantic Sun rival!

[Image: BXRQbUJCEAADs6e.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 08:49 PM by MercerFan.)
10-23-2013 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
RE: Football Game 8: Mercer @ Campbell---Saturday/4PM
You guys might be interested in Mike Minter's comments regarding the Mercer pregame here: (during the last 1/3 or so)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fLUapgpUc
10-24-2013 11:34 AM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators
RE: Football Game 8: Mercer @ Campbell---Saturday/4PM
(10-24-2013 11:34 AM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  You guys might be interested in Mike Minter's comments regarding the Mercer pregame here: (during the last 1/3 or so)

That was a nice show, I watched the whole thing. Coach Minter made some classy comments at the end. It's really going to come down to the Campbell pass attack.. can Mercer stop it.
10-24-2013 02:47 PM
Advertisement

MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators
RE: Football Game 8: Mercer 38, Campbell 31---FINAL (7-1, 3-1 Pioneer)
Wow what a game! Mercer wins it 38-31. So many big time plays by the Bears, everyone stepped their game up to get the first road win in a very long time!
Official Recap: http://mercerbears.com/sports/fball/2013...1026085m7i

Mercer is now a staggering 7-1 on the season, and 3-1 in the Pioneer Football League. It's amazing what this group has accomplished, and there's still work to be done! 4 more games. Next up, on the road at Davidson.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 08:52 PM by MercerFan.)
10-26-2013 08:50 PM
FUBeAR Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Furman & Mercer
(10-24-2013 02:47 PM)MercerFan Wrote:  
(10-24-2013 11:34 AM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  You guys might be interested in Mike Minter's comments regarding the Mercer pregame here: (during the last 1/3 or so)

That was a nice show, I watched the whole thing. Coach Minter made some classy comments at the end. It's really going to come down to the Campbell pass attack.. can Mercer stop it.

Yes - those were nice comments he made after, I assume, he had watched some video of the Bears. When interviewed immediately after the Jacksonville game, he said something very close to this when asked about Mercer, "They've done a good job with their schedule. Let's be honest. They've played a lot of D3 teams."

If you want to watch Campbell's video broadcast of the game and listen to their radio announcers' call of a game that I don't think they were actually watching ("Mercer's offensive line doesn't really do anything. They're just short and squatty and not very big. They just kind of get in the way of our defensive players." I guess they 'did nothing' for 320 yards rushing without their #1 RB), you can enjoy that insightful expertise here:

Mercer @ Campbell Video with Campbell Radio Broadcasters
10-28-2013 10:32 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators
(10-28-2013 10:32 PM)FUBeAR Wrote:  
(10-24-2013 02:47 PM)MercerFan Wrote:  

Yes - those were nice comments he made after, I assume, he had watched some video of the Bears. When interviewed immediately after the Jacksonville game, he said something very close to this when asked about Mercer, "They've done a good job with their schedule. Let's be honest. They've played a lot of D3 teams."

If you want to watch Campbell's video broadcast of the game and listen to their radio announcers' call of a game that I don't think they were actually watching ("Mercer's offensive line doesn't really do anything. They're just short and squatty and not very big. They just kind of get in the way of our defensive players." I guess they 'did nothing' for 320 yards rushing without their #1 RB), you can enjoy that insightful expertise here:

Mercer @ Campbell Video with Campbell Radio Broadcasters

First, welcome to the boards!

Second, thanks for the link. That's funny about their comments. I'm sure it hurts from their perspective that a new team comes in and beats them, and also has more wins in a season than they've ever had.... and we still have 4 games left to add to that total!
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 05:31 AM by MercerFan.)
10-29-2013 05:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.