Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF President calls their win over UofL their biggest ever...
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
UCF President calls their win over UofL their biggest ever...
Quote from the article:

"This has to be our No. 1 win ever,” UCF president John Hitt said. “These kids had every chance in the world to quit, but they just wouldn’t do it. What a great win.”

The reaction to our defeat by UCF on this board reflected as much...07-coffee3

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#sectio...-77849636/
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 11:22 AM by Maize.)
10-21-2013 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
RE: UCF President calls their win over UofL their biggest ever...
It will lose it's luster when Memphis beats the Cards 04-cheers
10-21-2013 11:25 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
First win over a Top10 program ever.

It's equivalent to South Florida's 2007 win over #5 WVU.

Also, I'll say Hitt is trying to sell the program and keep fan excitement as high as possible. It's the what have you done for me lately mentality and Sell Sell Sell.
10-21-2013 11:31 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(10-21-2013 11:21 AM)Maize Wrote:  Quote from the article:

"This has to be our No. 1 win ever,” UCF president John Hitt said. “These kids had every chance in the world to quit, but they just wouldn’t do it. What a great win.”

I remember a Card Fan saying that you guys were our Super Bowl.

But let me make something clear, you weren't our super bowl because you were Louisville, unlike what would be Alabama or USCe this year. You were our Super Bowl because you were standing in the way of our real goal for the year, and your ranking was going to draw eyeballs if we managed to pull the inevitable.

It would have been exactly the same if Memphis was ranked #8 in the country, undefeated in the conference.
10-21-2013 11:33 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
If we beat the vile it won't be in our top 5 biggest
Just sayin

07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 11:40 AM by shere khan.)
10-21-2013 11:39 AM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
Well it's our first ever win over a top 10 ranked team, and it means we should be favorites to win the first ever AAC Championship and go to our first ever BCS bowl, so yeah it's a big deal for UCF.

Beating Louisville was big because of what it means for UCF's season. Beating Penn State was big because of who they are. Both are big wins for UCF, but for different reasons.
10-21-2013 11:46 AM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
But all We heard was We were over rated, played Nobody, living off 1game from last season.
10-21-2013 11:50 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(10-21-2013 11:46 AM)MechaKnight Wrote:  Well it's our first ever win over a top 10 ranked team, and it means we should be favorites to win the first ever AAC Championship and go to our first ever BCS bowl, so yeah it's a big deal for UCF.

Beating Louisville was big because of what it means for UCF's season. Beating Penn State was big because of who they are. Both are big wins for UCF, but for different reasons.

Yes, that's exactly what i'm saying.

Beating Louisville was huge because of what it would mean for our postseason potential.

Beating Penn State was huge because they're Penn State.
10-21-2013 11:51 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(10-21-2013 11:50 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  But all We heard was We were over rated, played Nobody, living off 1game from last season.

both can be right and both appear to be right. UL is who we thought they were. An good but not challenged team until we played you.

First top 10 win for us, and more importantly puts us in drivers seat for BCS game.

UL was very overrated at #6 based on what they had actually done on the field so far this year (ie, 0 quality wins.)
10-21-2013 11:58 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Ucf has more upside than any other school in the conference. Been saying it for years

Very impressed
10-21-2013 12:01 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(10-21-2013 11:33 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  

But let me make something clear, you weren't our super bowl because you were Louisville, unlike what would be Alabama or USCe this year. You were our Super Bowl because you were standing in the way of our real goal for the year, and your ranking was going to draw eyeballs if we managed to pull the inevitable.

It would have been exactly the same if Memphis was ranked #8 in the country, undefeated in the conference.

Louisville was not your Super Bowl. Your Super Bowl will be in the Orange Bowl vs Northern Illinois this year. Welcome to the BCS!!02-13-banana
10-21-2013 01:28 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(10-21-2013 01:28 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Louisville was not your Super Bowl. Your Super Bowl will be in the Orange Bowl vs Northern Illinois this year. Welcome to the BCS!!02-13-banana

No way. Missouri or FSU.
10-21-2013 01:43 PM
BlackandGoldNation Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(10-21-2013 11:39 AM)shere khan Wrote:  If we beat the vile it won't be in our top 5 biggest
Just sayin

07-coffee3

Impressive.

Compared to y'all, we just started playin' football. UCF is going to have many "biggest" this, and "first" that and it's all happening right now. It's exciting to our ever-growing fan base!

I'm sure it's a real barn-burner finding that stack of Polaroids, and blowin' the dust off those betamax videos of Memphis State glory-years-gone-by...sigh.

Well, y'all have a knee-slapin' big ol' time! So, pardon us while Knight Nation enjoys our biggest and best right now.

Just sayin
10-21-2013 01:52 PM
2nd String

I Root For:
(10-21-2013 11:50 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  But all We heard was We were over rated, played Nobody, living off 1game from last season.

In relation to a national championship, true. No one said y'all aren't a good team stacked with great athletes.
10-21-2013 01:56 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(10-21-2013 01:56 PM)BlackandGoldNation Wrote:  

In relation to a national championship, true. No one said y'all aren't a good team stacked with great athletes.

You want to bet...some not all did say that...the interesting thing is most UofL fans didn't think we would go undefeated.

I know I never said that...my goals were unbeaten in OOC, Win the AQ Bid and the Bowl game...the only thing that change is we no longer control our destiny.
10-21-2013 02:01 PM
2nd String

I Root For:
(10-21-2013 02:01 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(10-21-2013 01:56 PM)BlackandGoldNation Wrote:  

You want to bet...some not all did say that...the interesting thing is most UofL fans didn't think we would go undefeated.

I know I never said that...my goals were unbeaten in OOC, Win the AQ Bid and the Bowl game...the only thing that change is we no longer control our destiny.

No one, with any credibility, said it. If y'all weren't an outstanding team, it wouldn't be our biggest, and best to date. Otherwise it would have felt like beating Memphis (again). 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 02:07 PM by BlackandGoldNation.)
10-21-2013 02:06 PM
Advertisement

MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF

Not likely. The Big XII is obligated to send their champion to the Fiesta Bowl unless they are playing in the MNC. So unless Baylor or Tech goes to the MNC, they will be in the Fiesta bowl, who has the last pick in selecting their BCS team. So unless a bowl picks UCF AND NIU or Fresno to play each other while still leaving a P5 school on the table to go to the Fiesta Bowl, the odds of UCF facing anyone other than a P5 school IF WE WIN OUT STILL are very very very very very very low.
10-21-2013 02:55 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
I called it preseason. Just sayin'.
10-21-2013 03:34 PM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
(10-21-2013 02:55 PM)MagicKnightmare Wrote:  

Not likely. The Big XII is obligated to send their champion to the Fiesta Bowl unless they are playing in the MNC. So unless Baylor or Tech goes to the MNC, they will be in the Fiesta bowl, who has the last pick in selecting their BCS team. So unless a bowl picks UCF AND NIU or Fresno to play each other while still leaving a P5 school on the table to go to the Fiesta Bowl, the odds of UCF facing anyone other than a P5 school IF WE WIN OUT STILL are very very very very very very low.

Even if Baylor or Tech managed to make it to the national championship, I think the Fiesta Bowl would get to pick a replacement team before the Orange Bowl got the first at-large selection.

How did they end up with TCU vs Boise a couple years ago? Did they actually pick one of those teams above an available BCS team?
10-21-2013 03:50 PM
Cougar King Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
Louisville fans guaranteed they were getting the BCS spot now UCF is guaranteeing it. When will you guys learn?
10-21-2013 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.