Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good Luck to Navy Players...
Bookmark and Share
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
As I was still in Lot 10 after the game, the buses carrying the Navy players began to leave. Under my breathe I wished them "Good Luck". Someone near me said "yeah, we would like them to win out" I said "No, that's not what I'm talking about" Then they realized what I had meant.

Although, I was rooting again them in a football game. These young men have more important things to do in the future. On those buses were future Navy Admirals, and Marine Corp Generals, Seal team leaders, fighter pilots, ships captains, astronauts, Naval Docs, men standing on a wall, standing on a ships decks, or crunched down in a bunker somewhere in a town no one has ever heard of.

These men play a game on Saturdays that allows them a distraction away from the life where they learn to become leaders in a life and death profession. They are our country's best and brightest.

All I can say is:

Fair Winds, Gentlemen, Fair Winds
10-19-2013 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RangerRocket Online
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: Good Luck to Navy Players...
Go Army...
10-19-2013 06:54 PM
Rocket4Life Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
(10-19-2013 06:44 PM)Terry Wrote:  As I was still in Lot 10 after the game, the buses carrying the Navy players began to leave. Under my breathe I wished them "Good Luck". Someone near me said "yeah, we would like them to win out" I said "No, that's not what I'm talking about" Then they realized what I had meant.

Although, I was rooting again them in a football game. These young men have more important things to do in the future. On those buses were future Navy Admirals, and Marine Corp Generals, Seal team leaders, fighter pilots, ships captains, astronauts, Naval Docs, men standing on a wall, standing on a ships decks, or crunched down in a bunker somewhere in a town no one has ever heard of.

These men play a game on Saturdays that allows them a distraction away from the life where they learn to become leaders in a life and death profession. They are our country's best and brightest.

All I can say is:

Fair Winds, Gentlemen, Fair Winds

01-ncaabbs
10-19-2013 06:54 PM
afluellen fan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: toledo football
I'm with you RangerRocket, GO ARMY!! And I can say it, being a Army Vet. :--)
10-19-2013 07:18 PM
afluellen fan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: toledo football
Stay safe Navy, and thank you for protecting this great Country. I salute you.
10-19-2013 07:20 PM
Advertisement

letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

I'm so glad we won, but I never feel right walking out of the stadium after we beat a military academy. I have so much respect for what they go through and do for us.
Watching them after the game is so moving when they ALL shake hands and show respect to the other team during their alma mater and fight song. I would love to see Army, Navy and Air Force win every game they play, except against the Rockets.
Good Luck to all Navy Midshipmen!!!!!!!

Go RRRRRockets, its BG week baby!!!!!!
10-19-2013 07:57 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
I would love to see Toledo in an Athletic Conference that included the 3 Service Academies.
10-19-2013 08:05 PM
letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

(10-19-2013 08:05 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  I would love to see Toledo in an Athletic Conference that included the 3 Service Academies.

I with you Boca. If you saw their "following" of fans and it would be a great football league to be apart of.
10-19-2013 08:15 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(10-19-2013 07:57 PM)letsgoblue Wrote:  I'm so glad we won, but I never feel right walking out of the stadium after we beat a military academy. I have so much respect for what they go through and do for us.
Watching them after the game is so moving when they ALL shake hands and show respect to the other team during their alma mater and fight song. I would love to see Army, Navy and Air Force win every game they play, except against the Rockets.
Good Luck to all Navy Midshipmen!!!!!!!

Go RRRRRockets, its BG week baby!!!!!!

I felt. GREAT walking out of the GB today. Wish we won by 50.
10-19-2013 08:32 PM
Advertisement

tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
Navy players, you have my countries back and all I can say is Thank You!!!!! Seems so little. May you all stay safe.
10-19-2013 08:45 PM
Rocket4Life Offline
2nd String

I wish we played all 3 academies on a regular basis. And I'm really bummed that the game @ Navy was cancelled - I really wanted to make that trip.
10-19-2013 08:57 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
10-19-2013 09:28 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Online
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Well written Terry...
10-19-2013 10:56 PM
Advertisement

Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
Let's wish the best to ALL of the college students who play against our Rockets, including the Navy players. To the extent that we remain a great country, it will be due to the efforts of our businesspeople, doctors, lawyers, social workers, teachers, police officers, factory workers, parents, small business owners, politicians, etc., etc. Nazi Germany had a powerful military, but that wasn't enough to make it a great country. Being a warrior is not a higher calling than being a teacher.
10-20-2013 07:09 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(10-20-2013 07:09 AM)Dwight Wrote:  Let's wish the best to ALL of the college students who play against our Rockets, including the Navy players. To the extent that we remain a great country, it will be due to the efforts of our businesspeople, doctors, lawyers, social workers, teachers, police officers, factory workers, parents, small business owners, politicians, etc., etc. Nazi Germany had a powerful military, but that wasn't enough to make it a great country. Being a warrior is not a higher calling than being a teacher.

Amen, Moreover, game after game we see vets who attended UT honored at halftime for their service. I have nothing but respect for our military but if we play one of the academies again I hope we destroy them.
10-20-2013 07:57 AM
ChicagoRocket Offline
Administrator

Crappies
(10-19-2013 06:54 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Go Army...

BEAT NAVY!
10-20-2013 08:15 AM
tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
I'm a teacher so I thank Dwight for the comment. But, my stress might evolve around a parent being mad or a kid being disrespectful. Our military faces people who would like to kill them. Whole different concept. My one son was really set on going to West Point early in his high school career. With a heavy heart I basically talked him out of it. Why???? I was scared what he might face in his future. We need warriors even though I detest war and its results. We MUST fully support our military "people" whether we agree or disagree with how they are used by our government. Peace to all!
10-20-2013 10:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.