Open TigerLinks

I watched most of the first half...
Bookmark and Share
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
I watched most of the first half...
and this team stinks.

The defense looks awful. The only time they looked somewhat decent was on running plays. The offense is terrible. The play calling is terrible. How many draw plays and lateral passes can you attempt before you realize you're not moving the ball?

I'm not sure why some of you are so high on this team and coach. This team shows no signs of breaking through at any point. They are missing a lot of the fundamentals.

I also don't understand why everyone brings up how young our team is this year. If all else stays the same, they are not going to better next year. Every team is getting their young guys experience and bringing in recruits they think will help. Memphis is not in a bubble. They will not be better due to another year has passed.

The kicker did look good.

My advice would be photoshop some pics of the facilities and pull a Grambling.
10-19-2013 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NJ1 Offline
King of Kong

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: I watched most of the first half...
Did you watch the 2nd half, too? Or did you simply tune out (and turn up to slag the team and coach) after the worst quarter we've put up in two seasons?
10-19-2013 02:45 PM
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

I haven't watched any games in a few years. After reading on here how many people believed the Tigers are on the verge of turning around the program, I figured I'd watch a game. I guess it is possible that I just happened to tune in for their worst performance in 2 years, but man they looked bad.

I'm honestly just wondering why people are thinking things are turning around? I really didn't see anything positive outside of the kicker.
10-19-2013 02:51 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

If you didn't see the second half you don't know this game or this team.
10-19-2013 02:54 PM
Advertisement

MTnTIGER Offline
Bench Warmer

Why?

Because against MTSU, UCF, & UH the Tigers physically whipped them. Today the played poorly, but had they refs not blown the non fumble before the half, the Tigers may have very well won.
10-19-2013 02:58 PM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
If all you have watched his year (and last) is today's 1Q, then you have very little to go on. Those were the worst 2Q we've played in a while. Until today, they have been entertaining, although still frustrating.
10-19-2013 02:59 PM
huddlha Offline
Special Teams

(10-19-2013 02:51 PM)John44932 Wrote:  I haven't watched any games in a few years. After reading on here how many people believed the Tigers are on the verge of turning around the program, I figured I'd watch a game. I guess it is possible that I just happened to tune in for their worst performance in 2 years, but man they looked bad.

I'm honestly just wondering why people are thinking things are turning around? I really didn't see anything positive outside of the kicker.

You really did happen to tune in for the worst they've looked in 2 years. Up until that 2nd quarter I've enjoyed watching this year, even told people to tune in because they were good.
10-19-2013 03:01 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
Must be a virus going round...a brain eating variety.
10-19-2013 03:02 PM
memphis88 Offline
Heisman

Stupid post even before you admitted that you haven't watched a down of football this season other than the 1st half of today's game. They've shown signs that their is reason to be excited. You really did tune in for the worst they've played all season.
10-19-2013 03:27 PM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(10-19-2013 02:35 PM)John44932 Wrote:  and this team stinks.

The defense looks awful. The only time they looked somewhat decent was on running plays. The offense is terrible. The play calling is terrible. How many draw plays and lateral passes can you attempt before you realize you're not moving the ball?

I'm not sure why some of you are so high on this team and coach. This team shows no signs of breaking through at any point. They are missing a lot of the fundamentals.

I also don't understand why everyone brings up how young our team is this year. If all else stays the same, they are not going to better next year. Every team is getting their young guys experience and bringing in recruits they think will help. Memphis is not in a bubble. They will not be better due to another year has passed.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out loser.
10-19-2013 04:34 PM
Advertisement

John44932 Offline
Special Teams

(10-19-2013 04:34 PM)TigerSeth Wrote:  

Don't let the door hit you on the way out loser.

07-coffee3 You are awesome at name calling! Enjoy your delusions about this team.
10-20-2013 12:07 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(10-19-2013 02:51 PM)John44932 Wrote:  I haven't watched any games in a few years. After reading on here how many people believed the Tigers are on the verge of turning around the program, I figured I'd watch a game. I guess it is possible that I just happened to tune in for their worst performance in 2 years, but man they looked bad.

With fans like you, I'm wondering the same thing.
10-20-2013 12:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
It probably isn't wise to claim "this team stinks" when all you have watched in two years if the first two quarters of one game.
10-20-2013 12:42 AM
Advertisement

TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers

We played our worst half of the season...and you're an idiot.
10-20-2013 02:03 AM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
WTH?

Now, THAT was an intelligent post. 03-lmfao 01-wingedeagle
10-20-2013 11:42 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

Here's an analogy to watching one half.....

I read one half of this post from you and and you stink. Your comments are awful. I don't understand why anyone reads your comments and there is no sign of you making sense at any point. You won't get better as as a poster.

Your comments lack a fundamental knowledge of the game. My advice would be to just ban you and give up on you as a decent poster/person.

Your sentence structure looks good.

Is that a fair assessment of you as a poster/person? ....or should I read more posts from you to form a fair assessment?
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 07:52 AM by oldtiger.)
10-21-2013 07:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.