Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Volleyball vs. WKU
Bookmark and Share
UaLrRuLeS Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UALR
Volleyball vs. WKU
Begic looked hobbled tonight after her injury last weekend. And we still only lost each set by 5 points or fewer. Took the first one to extra points. Encouraging loss, but still a ways to go.
10-18-2013 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
RE: Volleyball vs. WKU
Trojans came in at top of the SBC. They lose in straight sets on their home floor by only an average of 5 points each set? Trojans were beaten in KILLS 53 to 40. That's an encouraging loss? Seems to me that is old "glass half full" thinking. I thought is was the Trojans poorest performance I have seen this season. WKU seems more talented over-all. Very good digging the spikes and very good setting the ball for Kills. The Trojans were not good setting the ball. Often setting it 8 to 10 ft from the net eliminating chances for a point winning spike. And far too many unforced errors to beat a good volleyball team. Also, I didn't notice signs of lingering injury to Begic .I had high hopes for Trojan Volleyball. But I am afraid the Toppers put them in their proper place last night.
10-19-2013 10:47 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Darn. We can't even beat Western at volleyball. Maybe their recruiting strategy in all sports is to play recordings by the old Hilltoppers singing group, famous in the 50's.
10-19-2013 02:59 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(10-19-2013 02:59 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  Darn. We can't even beat Western at volleyball. Maybe their recruiting strategy in all sports is to play recordings by the old Hilltoppers singing group, famous in the 50's.

10-19-2013 03:46 PM
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Volleyball vs. WKU
(10-18-2013 10:33 PM)UaLrRuLeS Wrote:  Begic looked hobbled tonight after her injury last weekend. And we still only lost each set by 5 points or fewer. Took the first one to extra points. Encouraging loss, but still a ways to go.

Begic who is our best player was hurt in the game at UT Arlington but is playing with a significant injury. She won 5 consecutive offensive player of week awards before the injury. I have seen 12 UALR VB games this year and there is no doubt that we would beat WKU if she was 100%. Just hoping she gets well before our next match with WKU. But if not, that is the way it goes in sports. Injuries are a part of it.
We have a very good team that is still tied for first place.
10-19-2013 04:28 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Volleyball vs. WKU
(10-19-2013 10:47 AM)DollarBill Wrote:  Trojans came in at top of the SBC. They lose in straight sets on their home floor by only an average of 5 points each set? Trojans were beaten in KILLS 53 to 40. That's an encouraging loss? Seems to me that is old "glass half full" thinking. I thought is was the Trojans poorest performance I have seen this season. WKU seems more talented over-all. Very good digging the spikes and very good setting the ball for Kills. The Trojans were not good setting the ball. Often setting it 8 to 10 ft from the net eliminating chances for a point winning spike. And far too many unforced errors to beat a good volleyball team. Also, I didn't notice signs of lingering injury to Begic .I had high hopes for Trojan Volleyball. But I am afraid the Toppers put them in their proper place last night.

You going to Sundays game? If so I would like to meet you. Of course I may have already met you but just not know you by your board name.
10-19-2013 04:37 PM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
RBL: I plan on being there. I know you when I see you and will look you up. Thanks for the info re. Begic. I could tell something was wrong with the team. The Trojans would be in trouble without Begic. Sure hope she gets back to 100%.
10-19-2013 05:24 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-19-2013 03:46 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  
(10-19-2013 02:59 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  Darn. We can't even beat Western at volleyball. Maybe their recruiting strategy in all sports is to play recordings by the old Hilltoppers singing group, famous in the 50's.

That was awesome. I think that was a big hit when I was Freshman in college. I think President Lincoln was still in office at that time.04-cheers
10-20-2013 10:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.