Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I think we're set at the three for the next two years
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
I think we're set at the three for the next two years
after Leroy leaves, with Stetson ready to step in. But who can replace Will?
We're not going to find a guy 6'10" or taller who can come in and play at the level Will is capable of. Poulter might be able to play some next year, but with his level of injuries, I'm not certain he'll ever be able to be a consistent force on the court. Next year we'll have Gus, James White, Hill and possibly Poulter as inside players. That's a pretty thin lineup considering Gus and Poulter's injury problems. Probably need to find a really good juco big man to bolster the inside. I don't think we can get a high schooler who would be ready to play much.

I would be looking for a real athletic banger in the 6'6" range who can play immediately. Those are easier to find than 6'11" guys who can play. And I would change my style of play to fit a smaller lineup. We can sign guards that can play. We need to focus on utilizing our guards. That's one of the things I believe Steve has tried to do that hasn't worked well. You can't play a Big Ten offense without Big Ten big men. This is a guard oriented league, and we need to structure our offense accordingly. That has been mentioned many times on the board.

Steve's biggest mistake as a coach, IMO, was not learning Foley's system and perfecting it over the ten years he's been here. Had he done that, I believe we might have won more, and utilized our talent better. He had a master to learn from and didn't utilize the opportunity. I don't believe Joe had any better overall talent through the years than Steve. He's just utilized it better. You can't argue with facts.04-cheers
10-17-2013 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.