Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dave Campbell's Sez UNTs Zach Orr Is The Best Linebacker In Texas College Football
Bookmark and Share
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Dave Campbell's Sez UNTs Zach Orr Is The Best Linebacker In Texas College Football
Best linebacker: Zach Orr, North Texas
A quick word: One of the most underrated players in the state, Orr's 55 tackles in six games puts him on pace for a second-straight 100-tackle season. That number is the second most for any player in Texas. Orr has added 3 TFLs, 3 QB hurries, 2 forced fumbles and a sack in his final season in Denton.

Also

Best offensive freshman: Aaron Jones, UTEP
A quick word: In a state dominated by passing, Jones has quietly put together an excellent true freshman season that portends great things to come. Jones (99-557, 3 TDs) has been one of the few bright spots for 1-5 UTEP, rushing for at least 100 yards twice and at least 90 three more times. He ranks 33rd nationally averaging 92.83 rushing yards per game and has led UTEP in rushing every game this year. If not for Jones, UTEP might be winless right now.

Most improved defensive player: Michael Kutzler, Rice
A quick word: Injury forced the walkon-turned-scholarship senior into a starting role, but Kutzler has looked like a blue chip at times this season. His 49 tackles are the third most in the state and are 29 more than he had in the previous two seasons combined. But Kutzler's made more impacts than simply getting tackles; he has 5.5 TFLs, 2 sacks, a QB hurry, and he returned his one interception 52 yards for a touchdown in the win over Kansas. Kutzler has been playing in place of an injured all-conference linebacker, but he's made sure the defense hasn't lost any ground with him in the lineup.

CUSA Bowl Teams

North Texas (R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, Dec. 21 in New Orleans vs. the Sun Belt) -- The Mean Green really wants to make a bowl game, but it would be completely ironic, and slightly a letdown, to go back to the New Orleans Bowl (where it has played in its last four bowl trips) against a team from a conference it just left.

Rice (Heart of Dallas Bowl, Jan. 1, 2014 in Dallas vs. the Big 10) -- I think the Owls win the West, but I don't see them winning the whole thing, which is while they'll fall to this bowl and not the Liberty Bowl in Memphis.

READ MORE
http://www.texasfootball.com/college-news/view/180586
10-16-2013 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
RE: Dave Campbell's Sez UNTs Zach Orr Is The Best Linebacker In Texas College Football
I think our fans would be quite happy to go back to New Orleans. Lots of great memories there.
10-16-2013 11:35 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

RE: Dave Campbell's Sez UNTs Zach Orr Is The Best Linebacker In Texas College Football
(10-16-2013 11:35 AM)NorthTexan95 Wrote:  I think our fans would be quite happy to go back to New Orleans. Lots of great memories there.

I prefer the Heart of Dallas Bowl vs Iowa. The "Coach Hayden Fry"
Bowl04-bow
10-16-2013 11:53 AM
Advertisement

MeanGreenGem Offline
1st String

I'd prefer a winning season first and then let all the other stuff fall in place.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 01:02 PM by MeanGreenGem.)
10-16-2013 01:02 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(10-16-2013 01:02 PM)MeanGreenGem Wrote:  I'd prefer a winning season first and then let all the other stuff fall in place.04-cheers

Well Plum we all prefer that but bowl projections are made and folks express opinions about the projections.05-nono
10-16-2013 01:04 PM
MeanGreenGem Offline
1st String

(10-16-2013 01:04 PM)MG61 Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 01:02 PM)MeanGreenGem Wrote:  I'd prefer a winning season first and then let all the other stuff fall in place.04-cheers

Well Plum we all prefer that but bowl projections are made and folks express opinions about the projections.05-nono

You are right. 04-cheers

Another great part about Zach Orr is he comes from a great family who know how important family is; especially in today's society.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 01:33 PM by MeanGreenGem.)
10-16-2013 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.