Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will Cuse DL Need Knee Braces .vs GTech?
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Will Cuse DL Need Knee Braces .vs GTech?
Cut block city here we come. Cuse is a 9 point underdog...I think that is too much.
10-15-2013 09:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Re: Will Cuse DL Need Knee Braces .vs GTech?
I see you now also play Beamer Bawwwwww. And cut blocks are perfectly legal and Syracuse uses them too. But Georgia Tech has sucked so bad at blocking anybody using any technique this year I don't know what you're crying about.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
10-15-2013 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
RE: Will Cuse DL Need Knee Braces .vs GTech?
(10-15-2013 09:55 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  Cut block city here we come. Cuse is a 9 point underdog...I think that is too much.

Probably will not need knee braces as elbow braces as they looked so slow off the ball against Clemson they will probably still be in their stance when the Tech OL hits them.
10-15-2013 08:06 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(10-15-2013 07:13 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I see you now also play Beamer Bawwwwww. And cut blocks are perfectly legal and Syracuse uses them too. But Georgia Tech has sucked so bad at blocking anybody using any technique this year I don't know what you're crying about.

What's the deal with GT running the option. I understand why the service academies do it, but why GT?
10-15-2013 09:57 PM

(10-15-2013 09:57 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(10-15-2013 07:13 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I see you now also play Beamer Bawwwwww. And cut blocks are perfectly legal and Syracuse uses them too. But Georgia Tech has sucked so bad at blocking anybody using any technique this year I don't know what you're crying about.

What's the deal with GT running the option. I understand why the service academies do it, but why GT?

Academic restrictions.
10-15-2013 10:05 PM
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2013 10:05 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Academic restrictions.

That makes sense.
10-15-2013 10:27 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(10-15-2013 08:06 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(10-15-2013 09:55 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  Cut block city here we come. Cuse is a 9 point underdog...I think that is too much.

Probably will not need knee braces as elbow braces as they looked so slow off the ball against Clemson they will probably still be in their stance when the Tech OL hits them.

03-lmfao

(10-15-2013 10:05 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Academic restrictions.

Stanford, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Northwestern, etc really struggle with academics.

==============

Why would Cuse need knee pads? Will you be doing much fellating?
10-15-2013 11:28 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(10-15-2013 11:28 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  ==============

Marge...no one mentioned knee pads anywhere in this thread...guess you subconsciously are thinking about putting on a pair yourself. Catdaddy err Kaplony and you can go find some quiet forum together for some quality time.

You two juveniles make it too easy.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 11:41 PM by TexanMark.)
10-15-2013 11:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

GTS...how many fans we expecting for a nooner30? Wish I could make it this weekend...want to get another pie at Fellini's. Had one during the Final Four...was awesome.
10-15-2013 11:45 PM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(10-15-2013 11:36 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Marge...no one mentioned knee pads anywhere in this thread...guess you subconsciously are thinking about putting on a pair yourself. Catdaddy err Kaplony and you can go find some quiet forum together for some quality time.

Oh, yes. I never leave home without them. I can't believe a Cuse fan actually thinks they are better than somebody else. A Cuse fan. Get your knee pads ready.
10-15-2013 11:48 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(10-15-2013 11:48 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
(10-15-2013 11:36 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Oh, yes. I never leave home without them. I can't believe a Cuse fan actually thinks they are better than somebody else. A Cuse fan. Get your knee pads ready.

You make no sense....seriously are you like 19?
10-15-2013 11:52 PM

(10-15-2013 11:28 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Stanford, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Northwestern, etc really struggle with academics.

1) They have a broad curriculum that includes liberal arts bs majors. GT does not.
2) They offer many exemptions to their academic requirements. GT does not. (O'Leary got exemptions, but was notorious for stalking players academically to the point where he knew if you missed a class before that class was over.)
3) They do not add extra requirements above and beyond the NCAA's mandates. GT does, such as requiring calculus for everybody with no exceptions.
4) They have major nationwide recruiting programs. GT likes to get b*tch slapped endlessly in state in recruiting by U(sic)GA. (O'Leary recruited regionally, and had pipelines all over like to Jesuit in Tampa.)
5) Notre Dame and Stanford have financial resources GT flatly does not.

(10-15-2013 11:45 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  GTS...how many fans we expecting for a nooner30? Wish I could make it this weekend...want to get another pie at Fellini's. Had one during the Final Four...was awesome.

After the last three abortions ... at least 10,000 under capacity (45,000). It is within the realm of possibility for it to be as high as 20K to 25K under capcity (35,000 to 30,000). The combination of the last 4 years and the way GT lost to VT caused serious loss of fan support. I no longer believe in the program's direction and won't shell big money to go to games until the systemic problems (IMO) are addressed. This includes academic restrictions and recruiting. Two more epic collapses against Miami (one per half) caused further bleeding. Being DOA in Provo caused more bleeding. If PJ can't go to a bowl or loses handily to U(sic)GA things will start getting nasty. The fish wrapper is already openly asking the new AD if he thinks Paul Johnson is the guy: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/tech-ad-b...son/nbNnw/
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 02:24 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
10-16-2013 01:37 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Going West to Provo is always a crap shoot. Pretty tough environment: 2 hour time difference, fairly long plane ride, field elevation close to Denver's, and sometimes wacky weather give them a nice HFA.

Read the article: Lots of tapdancing...by the AD. You would think by now PJ would have his athletes in place. All Cuse is talking about: assignment football against GTech. Problem is our team isn't always discipline.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 08:14 AM by TexanMark.)
10-16-2013 07:59 AM
Advertisement

gpburdell Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgia Tech
(10-15-2013 11:28 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Stanford, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Northwestern, etc really struggle with academics.

There is no other FBS school that has to deal with academic restrictions and limited majors like GT. The service academies have it worse, but that's a whole other deal with active service.
Also, the administration has severely limited special admits since the O'Leary days (i.e. Flunkgate).

Outside the southeast; most people think GT is primarily a basketball school. Despite all of the history that GT has in football and that we've won a more recent fball national championship than UGA.
10-16-2013 03:57 PM
gpburdell Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgia Tech
(10-16-2013 01:37 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  After the last three abortions ... at least 10,000 under capacity (45,000). It is within the realm of possibility for it to be as high as 20K to 25K under capcity (35,000 to 30,000). The combination of the last 4 years and the way GT lost to VT caused serious loss of fan support. I no longer believe in the program's direction and won't shell big money to go to games until the systemic problems (IMO) are addressed. This includes academic restrictions and recruiting. Two more epic collapses against Miami (one per half) caused further bleeding. Being DOA in Provo caused more bleeding. If PJ can't go to a bowl or loses handily to U(sic)GA things will start getting nasty. The fish wrapper is already openly asking the new AD if he thinks Paul Johnson is the guy: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/tech-ad-b...son/nbNnw/

I'm disappointed with the season, but haven't given up on the program. Alot of GT fans (me included) were hyped up on Vad Lee and thought he would bring instant success. Just have to keep in mind this is his first year starting and now we see why he wasn't able to beat out Tevin last year. Vad currently can't run the option to a high degree and just makes bad decisions.

If you go back and look at Joe Hamilton's first year as a starter he didn't do so hot either. End of his senior year; he finished 2nd for the Heisman. Lets just hope Vad improves significantly as well. Or maybe we switch gears with Justin Thomas if Vad can't cut it.

Also, if you fire CPJ; I don't see any other coach (even Saban) bringing a consistently high level of success to GT with our limitations. As you said, there needs to be a fundamental change in the administration around academic requirements, majors, etc.

Just not sure if that's going to happen. I don't think there are big money donors or enough alumni in general who want that kind of change. I think there is a perception that if we lower our standards; it affects the academic reputation of the school. I think that is a load of bull personally. Though I do agree that I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt that reputation either.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 04:41 PM by gpburdell.)
10-16-2013 04:39 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
We get Navy and GT back to back. Then we play ND. Not that I thought we could beat ND, but after two straight weeks of cut blocking teams we are doomed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
10-16-2013 05:50 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(10-16-2013 05:50 PM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  We get Navy and GT back to back. Then we play ND. Not that I thought we could beat ND, but after two straight weeks of cut blocking teams we are doomed.

That's very, very unfortunate scheduling. Hopefully you play us RIGHT after that 04-cheers
10-16-2013 08:25 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(10-16-2013 05:50 PM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  We get Navy and GT back to back. Then we play ND. Not that I thought we could beat ND, but after two straight weeks of cut blocking teams we are doomed.

Playing Navy before GT should help you out. GT usually cries foul if you play an option team before them.
10-16-2013 09:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.