Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bridgewater may have lost (a chance for the) Heisman last night
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Bridgewater may have lost (a chance for the) Heisman last night
Bridgewater's opportunity to shine in front of a national audience was wasted. He will definitely drop this week. The weak schedule hurts his chances and he needed to have a sparkling game against one of the better opponents. I think he was a long shot anyway (because of the schedule) but now I think he's virtually out of it. In reality all he may have lost is a trip to NYC.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 02:40 PM by QuestionSocratic.)
10-11-2013 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

L1C4 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL
RE: Bridgewater may have lost (a chance for the) Heisman last night
And yet he will likely be the #1 overall NFL draft pick. Sucks for him huh? 07-coffee3

Ask Teddy about the Heisman, he doesn't care as he has stated. For him its all about winning games.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 03:43 PM by L1C4.)
10-11-2013 03:42 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It certainly didn't help.

The thing that hurts him the worst is the combination of a lack of exposure because of his school and the schedule that school plays.
10-11-2013 03:44 PM
Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville, ACC
21 of 31, over 300 yards. Two TDs. And here we are, talking about how that's not a good night for a kid. If we can all agree that that was a down night then I think we can all agree that most QBs would LOVE to have such a "Down night" and that the kid's pretty damned special. What's next? Haters seem to be coming out of the woodwork.
10-11-2013 04:30 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
(10-11-2013 03:42 PM)L1C4 Wrote:  And yet he will likely be the #1 overall NFL draft pick. Sucks for him huh? 07-coffee3

Ask Teddy about the Heisman, he doesn't care as he has stated. For him its all about winning games.

If he's not the #1 pick I'd be fairly surprised. If he's not at least Top 5 I'd be shocked beyond belief. Teddy Bridgewater is truth.
10-11-2013 04:36 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
I don't think it hurt him too much. I like TB, he's a smart kid with his priorities straight. He's the anti-Manziel. If he doesn't win the heisman it's probably better for him, there's probably 4 winners that have amounted to anything in the nfl in the last 20 years.
10-11-2013 05:23 PM
Advertisement

Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

I'm a Cards fan, and while I appreciate the attention Bridgewater's getting...hell I'll say it, I don't see him winning the Heisman. We're just enjoying the talk and we'll be happy if he's just on the stage in New York. There's some good folks out there that likewise deserve attention. Winston from FSU is playing great football, Tahj Boyd's looking good...there's a few folks out there, Teddy included, that I can look at and say deserve the Heisman so if Teddy doesn't get it and one of those guys do, that's alright by me.
10-11-2013 07:39 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(10-11-2013 07:39 PM)Rabbit_in_Red Wrote:  I'm a Cards fan, and while I appreciate the attention Bridgewater's getting...hell I'll say it, I don't see him winning the Heisman. We're just enjoying the talk and we'll be happy if he's just on the stage in New York. There's some good folks out there that likewise deserve attention. Winston from FSU is playing great football, Tahj Boyd's looking good...there's a few folks out there, Teddy included, that I can look at and say deserve the Heisman so if Teddy doesn't get it and one of those guys do, that's alright by me.
Considering the media's disdain for the AAC, he will probably get the same Heisman consideration Pat White did, if he's lucky...
10-11-2013 07:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

Undoubtedly Bit, but still...it's nice to be in the conversation.
10-11-2013 08:19 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(10-11-2013 08:19 PM)Rabbit_in_Red Wrote:  Undoubtedly Bit, but still...it's nice to be in the conversation.
No doubt. It's an honor to even be mentioned in the conversation, no matter how it turns out. Being in the running puts you in a very select group...
10-11-2013 08:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
TB to the Texans please
10-11-2013 08:42 PM
Advertisement

RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
While he may not win the Heisman, I saw his name as the projected #1 NFL pick. I believe Manziel was projected #4.
10-11-2013 11:38 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
(10-11-2013 03:42 PM)L1C4 Wrote:  And yet he will likely be the #1 overall NFL draft pick.

Ask Teddy about the Heisman, he doesn't care.

I guess he doesn't care about being All-American, either. ESPN rates him the 11th best QB so far this season.
10-12-2013 12:11 AM
Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardinals
(10-12-2013 12:11 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 03:42 PM)L1C4 Wrote:  And yet he will likely be the #1 overall NFL draft pick.

Ask Teddy about the Heisman, he doesn't care.

I guess he doesn't care about being All-American, either. ESPN rates him the 11th best QB so far this season.

Guess not, fella ...

[Image: artworks-000030501334-vx1gs9-original.jpg?3eddc42]
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 01:05 AM by Crimsonelf.)
10-12-2013 01:01 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(10-11-2013 04:30 PM)Rabbit_in_Red Wrote:  21 of 31, over 300 yards. Two TDs. And here we are, talking about how that's not a good night for a kid. If we can all agree that that was a down night then I think we can all agree that most QBs would LOVE to have such a "Down night" and that the kid's pretty damned special. What's next? Haters seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

in college now, for a top tier QB, that's just a decent game. Not when you have guys from Baylor doing 17/25 347 yds and 2 td. Or a kid from FSU going 23/32 393 yds and 5 td. It was statistically his worst game of the year- in the game where he had the most exposure.
10-12-2013 01:05 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(10-11-2013 03:42 PM)L1C4 Wrote:  Ask Teddy about the Heisman, he doesn't care as he has stated. For him its all about winning games.

I would take that with a grain of salt. The Heisman, for all the flaws in how it is selected, is still arguably the single most famous honor an American athlete can win in any sport. I bet Teddy would very much like to win it, his talk about "only care about winning" is quite possibly PC talk, as it is what the fans expect to hear and will garner applause from the media, the same media doing the Heisman voting.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 05:35 AM by quo vadis.)
10-12-2013 05:34 AM
Advertisement

Underdog Offline
All American

I Root For: The American
(10-11-2013 03:42 PM)L1C4 Wrote:  And yet he will likely be the #1 overall NFL draft pick. Sucks for him huh? 07-coffee3

His stock dropped big time..... It could have been due to all the pro scouts at the game. Nevertheless, Rutgers D left receivers wide open the entire game and he didn't connect like he should have. He will not be the number 1 QB taken in the draft in my opinion. In fact, I think Aaron Murray will go before Bridgewater….
10-12-2013 08:27 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Who can list the last 10 Heisman winners without cheating. Of the last 10, who are still starring in the NFL? How many have won Super Bowls. The Heisman crap has a short life in the NFL. 07-coffee3
10-12-2013 08:41 AM
Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

I love the haters that come out of the woodwork to seize on every opportunity to TRY and diminish Louisville and our players. Underdog said he's not the #1 pick, so surely he won't be! *yawns*
10-12-2013 08:45 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(10-12-2013 08:45 AM)Rabbit_in_Red Wrote:  I love the haters that come out of the woodwork to seize on every opportunity to TRY and diminish Louisville and our players. Underdog said he's not the #1 pick, so surely he won't be! *yawns*

Why are posters who state the obvious "haters"?
10-12-2013 08:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.