Tonight at 7pm.
10-24-2013 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: “Hoops Hysteria" Basketball Preview Event Moved to Oct. 24
Stuck at work, was planning on going but may not be able to make it now.
10-24-2013 05:01 PM
Rocket4Life Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
(10-24-2013 05:01 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Stuck at work, was planning on going but may not be able to make it now.

Bad week for you, work-schedule wise. First the Navy game, now this. You need to go have a talk with you boss 05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 05:19 PM by Rocket4Life.)
10-24-2013 05:05 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-24-2013 05:05 PM)Rocket4Life Wrote:  
(10-24-2013 05:01 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Stuck at work, was planning on going but may not be able to make it now.

Back week for you, work-schedule wise. First the Navy game, now this. You need to go have a talk with you boss 05-mafia

The life of an Information Technology Project Manager...
10-24-2013 05:10 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Whoever can go, look forward to some news. BBall season picks up in about 2 weeks already.
10-24-2013 06:44 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Jordan Lauf does NOT look like a frosh. Yikes! He'll be a load physicaally for most SGs to guard.
10-24-2013 07:01 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Witherspoon wins two rounds of dunk contest, Lauf. the third.W wins overall.
10-24-2013 07:03 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Rian Pearson wins first round of 3 point contest. Bad news is it was a team. contest and his student teammate never missed. Rian only made a couple.
10-24-2013 07:08 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Capaatosto looks tobe our nominal otside threat.
10-24-2013 07:16 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Got there a few minutes late as the men's team was being introduced. Going to be a fun season. Concur about Lauf, could easily pass as a college senior.
10-24-2013 07:57 PM
Advertisement

Rocket4Life Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
I thought it was a good crowd. This got me excited for basketball season.
10-24-2013 08:02 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Really, no more info from the preview? I wasn't able to make it, but I'm dying for more updates on how the teams looked. I know it's not against competition, but there has to be more than Lauf looking like he's lived in the weightroom?
10-25-2013 08:02 AM
Rockketdork Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: U of Toledo
JD Weatherspoon can rise up so effortlessly, amazing. This whole team is very athletic. No stationary trees. Rian hit many more then two so some exaggeration there. Booth, Garber and Donald Beatty all pumped in alot a 3's. Purely a fun event. The womens team for the most part looks very lean and ready. New ladies need to step up this year which is the mark of a strong program. Not missing a beat. A lot of weapons for the men.
10-25-2013 08:28 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(10-25-2013 08:02 AM)emanoh Wrote:  Really, no more info from the preview? I wasn't able to make it, but I'm dying for more updates on how the teams looked. I know it's not against competition, but there has to be more than Lauf looking like he's lived in the weightroom?

Well, they DID mention that Inms' arms have their own Twitter account. Man, does she have some serious guns. Apart from that, no. There was no scrimmage, no drills, nothing but intros, dunk contest and three point contest where the best shooter was a student in street clothes plucked from yhe stands ( the student, not his clothes). The guy was about 6'4" and mafe about ten in a row. Walk on?

I did see Fred J who says men look great, could pick five names from a hat and get a good team every time. He said the frosh look like the best class sinc Miller, Swaney, Lehman and Selgo.

Oh, yeah, Jonathan Williams did a dunk wher he did a round off into a back flip followed by an alley-oop slam, so there' s a little athleticism there.
10-25-2013 09:41 AM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(10-25-2013 08:28 AM)Rockketdork Wrote:  JD Weatherspoon can rise up so effortlessly, amazing. This whole team is very athletic. No stationary trees. Rian hit many more then two so some exaggeration there. Booth, Garber and Donald Beatty all pumped in alot a 3's. Purely a fun event. The womens team for the most part looks very lean and ready. New ladies need to step up this year which is the mark of a strong program. Not missing a beat. A lot of weapons for the men.

Who is Donald Beatty?
10-25-2013 09:43 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(10-25-2013 09:43 AM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 08:28 AM)Rockketdork Wrote:  JD Weatherspoon can rise up so effortlessly, amazing. This whole team is very athletic. No stationary trees. Rian hit many more then two so some exaggeration there. Booth, Garber and Donald Beatty all pumped in alot a 3's. Purely a fun event. The womens team for the most part looks very lean and ready. New ladies need to step up this year which is the mark of a strong program. Not missing a beat. A lot of weapons for the men.

Who is Donald Beatty?

6'3" Senior guard walk-on out of Dayton, I believe.
10-25-2013 09:52 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Anyone see the shot at Mike O'Brien and UT by Joplin Jr. in the Blah this morning? Kind of an awkward bush league comment by the kid. He's probalby still ticked his dad was let go, but wrong venue, wrong fight and too many years have passed to make it relevant. Has he seen what happened to the program that started under his dad, which we compounded by one of the worst hires in NCAA history? Lastly, in watching Stan for his entire 12 years there is no way he could have ammased a team like the one Coach K has assembled. Stan would have no idea what to do with one guy over 6'8" let alone two. It was 12 years of hearing him only yell "Motion, Motion" 250 times per game. In the end, I think he over achieved for the level of recruits he brought in each year. We had a lot of fun times and 20 win seasons, but he couldn't get it done in the post season and ultimatley his poor recruiting caused us 6 years of basketball hell. There is still a long season to go, but the future is very bright for this group and I'm excited.
10-25-2013 10:12 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(10-25-2013 10:12 AM)emanoh Wrote:  Anyone see the shot at Mike O'Brien and UT by Joplin Jr. in the Blah this morning? Kind of an awkward bush league comment by the kid. He's probalby still ticked his dad was let go, but wrong venue, wrong fight and too many years have passed to make it relevant. Has he seen what happened to the program that started under his dad, which we compounded by one of the worst hires in NCAA history? Lastly, in watching Stan for his entire 12 years there is no way he could have ammased a team like the one Coach K has assembled. Stan would have no idea what to do with one guy over 6'8" let alone two. It was 12 years of hearing him only yell "Motion, Motion" 250 times per game. In the end, I think he over achieved for the level of recruits he brought in each year. We had a lot of fun times and 20 win seasons, but he couldn't get it done in the post season and ultimatley his poor recruiting caused us 6 years of basketball hell. There is still a long season to go, but the future is very bright for this group and I'm excited.

They all look like All-Americans in the preseason but we clearly have two key elements we've been missing: athletes and depth. Considering how we did without that we should be fine this year. Rian doesn't have to be on every single game for us to win and we have some options for Matt Smith substitution which we didn't really have last year.
10-25-2013 10:39 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Agreed, we have options this year we've not had in the past. If Rian has no problem sharing the scoring load, this team can go far. I can deal with him not being in the top 3 MAC scorers if the rest of the starting eight is averaging double digits. Wiggins can score 40 pts on us at Kansas, but if the rest of the team is held to 10 pts. we have a great shot! Northwestern Ohio tri-county technical college will have no idea what hit them in the first game!
10-25-2013 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.