Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA Weekly Honors
Bookmark and Share
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
CAA Weekly Honors
Congratulation to Connor Arnone and Gage Steele for winning CAA Special Teams Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week for the past weekend. Great effort by both and the awards are richly deserved.

With that being said can anyone explain why Gage did not win Defensive Player of the week? If you look at his stats versus the Towson player who won, Gage had a much better set of numbers. Now I realize that Towson did play New Hampshire, a better team that Albany, but still. 18 tackles and a sack? Gotta be worth some looks as Defensive Player of the Week.

Brian
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 02:44 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
10-07-2013 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
RE: CAA Weekly Honors
Week 1: Special Teams Player of the Week: Dae’Quan Scott, Rookie of the Week: Taylor Reynolds
Week 4: Defensive Player of the Week: Stephon Robertson
Week 5: Defensive Player of the Week: Stephon Robertson
Week 6: Special Teams Player of the Week: Conner Arnone, Rookie of the Week: Gage Steele

Not bad so far...
10-07-2013 02:50 PM
Dukie95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: all the Dukes
Steele won Sports Network national rookie of the week! That's an amazing accomplishment.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfo...id=4629990

RE: Steele not getting DPOW...other guy forced two fumbles that led to TDs.
10-07-2013 03:07 PM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
If Arnone can net us 40 yards per punt from here on out, I'm feeling pretty good.
10-07-2013 03:10 PM
Dukie95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: all the Dukes
(10-07-2013 03:10 PM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  If Arnone can net us 40 yards per punt from here on out, I'm feeling pretty good.

Kinda makes me wish we had deliberately taken a safety earlier in the UD game to flip the field...had no idea such a leg was behind those rugby kicks.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 03:12 PM by Dukie95.)
10-07-2013 03:12 PM
Advertisement

DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
18 tackles is NUTS.
10-07-2013 03:21 PM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(10-07-2013 03:12 PM)Dukie95 Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 03:10 PM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  If Arnone can net us 40 yards per punt from here on out, I'm feeling pretty good.

Kinda makes me wish we had deliberately taken a safety earlier in the UD game to flip the field...had no idea such a leg was behind those rugby kicks.

I said that exact thing to my buddy at the game. He said you never give the other team points, but I knew Arnone wouldn't be able to boot it past the 35 if he was pinned back like that. I say take the safety and hopefully knock them back another 20-30 yards on the free kick.

Concede 2 points and take 35 yards of field position or punt and risk a block or them getting it inside the 30....pick your poison really.
10-07-2013 03:30 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Just remember how last Spring the punting was so bad. If that was Arnone then he has come a long way...
10-08-2013 09:20 AM
bulldogg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
(10-07-2013 02:43 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Congratulation to Connor Arnone and Gage Steele for winning CAA Special Teams Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week for the past weekend. Great effort by both and the awards are richly deserved.

With that being said can anyone explain why Gage did not win Defensive Player of the week? If you look at his stats versus the Towson player who won, Gage had a much better set of numbers. Now I realize that Towson did play New Hampshire, a better team that Albany, but still. 18 tackles and a sack? Gotta be worth some looks as Defensive Player of the Week.

Brian

The thing I like most about Gage Steele is his extremely tight pass coverage underneath. We haven't had a linebacker with that kind of pass D skill in a long time.
10-08-2013 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.