Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conference USA-Friendly Sports Talk Radio Stations In Your Area
Bookmark and Share
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Conference USA-Friendly Sports Talk Radio Stations In Your Area
If so, can you share their call letters & frequencies here, please? I'm seeking stations that fans of Conference USA can call in ask about your favorite C-USA schools or the conference in general, & they not only will welcome your dialogue with open arms, they give you engaging conversation about whatever topic related to the conference comes up.

I'll be putting out the word about the next airing of our periodic sports talk program at BlazeRadio in Birmingham, "Unleash The Dragon", scheduled for this Friday afternoon, the 11th of October, at 4 p.m. central, your calls, tweets, & emails are asked for and welcomed, let's get some stimulating and provocative conversation going about Conference USA, & don't hold back on what you're really thinking and/or feeling about your school's athletic escapades. I'll be putting an advanced thread here about the show & some of its' subject matter later on in the day, suggestions/ideas will be asked for at that thread as well, and I'm hoping that I can acquire a guest in the studio that is a member of our student media department to join me on the air. Thank you all in the meantime...
10-07-2013 10:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Conference USA-Friendly Sports Talk Radio Stations In Your Area
ESPN 730am in Charlotte is not only the broadcaster for Charlotte Football, but also have the Today in C-USA Report everyday. They also talk a lot about ECU.
10-07-2013 10:59 AM
JustAnotherAustinOwl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls
If CUSA adds Texas State, we'll get about 20 minutes a week here in Austin...
10-07-2013 12:15 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Locally PR1250 does a good job of ECU only coverage. For CUSA coverage you need the interwebz.

IN Raleigh there is 99.9 The Fan who will give ECU coaches interviews on their various shows but covering CUSA? LOL.

Sadly, even when we move on to the AAC, the AAC will get no love with the media..... It's ACC 24/7.
10-07-2013 12:40 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(10-07-2013 12:40 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Locally PR1250 does a good job of ECU only coverage. For CUSA coverage you need the interwebz.

IN Raleigh there is 99.9 The Fan who will give ECU coaches interviews on their various shows but covering CUSA? LOL.

Sadly, even when we move on to the AAC, the AAC will get no love with the media..... It's ACC 24/7.

03-lmfao It's more than we'd get here in Birmingham, or for that matter, the entire state, but UAB's done nothing in their myopic eyes , speaking of our local sports media, to warrant any recognition, a few snide remarks and condescending jokes, but that's about it, UAB is a laughingstock to them.
10-07-2013 07:33 PM
Advertisement

Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
All I know is our ESPN local radio show could care less about ODU or CUSA.
10-07-2013 08:11 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
ESPN 97.7 in Ruston covers Tech a pretty good bit on their 3 hour local afternoon show, Bayou Sports Line. Then there is BleedTechRadio on 97.7 which is a Rivals Tech radio show that is on Tuesdays I believe.
10-07-2013 09:49 PM
Advertisement

MondoMiner Offline
Adelantado and Captain-General

I Root For: Los Mineros
ESPN 600 (KROD) has a local show from 3-7PM El Paso time. They also run Today in CUSA.
10-07-2013 10:09 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(10-07-2013 12:40 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Locally PR1250 does a good job of ECU only coverage.

Jeff Charles usually has the play by play guy on from every school we are playing each week as well as play guy from other conference schools if it's a big game and details it. He also has coaches on, Rick Stockstill, Frank Beamer, as well as Carl Pelini and Bobby Wilder were on his show. Brian Baily had Bobby Wilder and Norfolk TV media member on his show too. The Sports Bar usually has a media print guys from every city where we play on as well.

Overall 1250 might dog CUSA from time to time but they do give other schools in this conference time and talk about the standings and such more than anyone I bet and do that all the way through basketball and baseball.

http://www.pirateradio1250.com/archives.html
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 04:44 PM by StillJonesing.)
10-08-2013 04:41 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
People still use radios? What VHS tapes will you be watching tonight off your tube TV?
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 04:52 PM by UofMemphis.)
10-08-2013 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.