Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

I am as disgusted and angry as I have ever been. We were robbed
Bookmark and Share
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
I am as disgusted and angry as I have ever been. We were robbed
...yet again. I hope the University files a huge complaint with the proper parties. This is cruel and unusual punishment. Our team, our coaches, our fans, and our school deserve an explanation.

It's not about if we had only made this tackle or that catch or any of that cr-p. This time is about having a game STOLEN from us by more than one criminal call by the refs.

UCF did not deserve to win that game and they know it. We outplayed and outcoached them. They should, in fact, be embarrassed.

It is obvious we are making HUGE strides under this coach and staff. I am so PROUD of this team. We are on the very cusp of great success in this program. But I am sick to my stomach because of what I witnessed by the ref crew this afternoon. They deserved all the BOO's they got. To hell with those refs!!!!!!

I am proud of every player on our team, but especially proud of the great plays and effort today by REGGIS BALL. He outdid himself today. 04-bow
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 08:24 PM by 21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha.)
10-05-2013 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MtownTigers916 Offline
Tiger PhD

I Root For: Memphis
RE: I am as disgusted and angry as I have ever been. We were robbed
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanConf post your displeasure here
10-05-2013 08:25 PM
JetFixer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I agree and also quite proud of this team!
10-05-2013 08:26 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(10-05-2013 08:23 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  ...yet again. I hope the University files a huge complaint with the proper parties. This is cruel and unusual punishment. Our team, our coaches, our fans, and our school deserve an explanation.

It's not about if we had only made this tackle or that catch or any of that cr-p. This time is about having a game STOLEN from us by more than one criminal call by the refs.

UCF did not deserve to win that game and they know it. We outplayed and outcoached them. They should, in fact, be embarrassed.

It is obvious we are making HUGE strides under this coach and staff. I am so PROUD of this team. We are on the very cusp of great success in this program. But I am sick to my stomach because of what I witnessed by the ref crew this afternoon. They deserved all the BOO's they got. To hell with those refs!!!!!!

I am proud of every player on our team, but especially proud of the great plays and effort today by REGGIS BALL. He outdid himself today. 04-bow

Well said and I couldn't agree more. Wish I could hear the crowd more on the epsn3 broadcast. You hear very little crowd noise, I wondered how the crowd was reacting to those calls and when CJF was getting all over the refs.
10-05-2013 08:27 PM
JetFixer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
We were screaming with boos!!! it was pretty loud.
10-05-2013 08:28 PM
cardfan500 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(10-05-2013 08:25 PM)MtownTigers916 Wrote:  https://www.facebook.com/AmericanConf post your displeasure here

Really, everyone should do this. If nothing else, it lets other fans in the conference know that we have a base that gives a damn and won't be a doormat anymore.
10-05-2013 09:03 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

Not sure boosters should do that.
10-05-2013 10:19 PM
southgrl66 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Intelligence
(10-05-2013 08:23 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  ...yet again. I hope the University files a huge complaint with the proper parties. This is cruel and unusual punishment. Our team, our coaches, our fans, and our school deserve an explanation.

04-clap204-clap2
10-05-2013 10:23 PM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
I am frustrated & angry also but I haven't stopped smiling since the game because we were so darn good
10-06-2013 05:58 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Fuente probably is realizing, as Cletus noted in another thread, that it's not just the obvious KILLER bad calls that hurt. It is also the little things the officials are doing throughout the game that also add up:
- marking the ball down where the TIGER players' knees hit regardless of where the ball hits; this takes sometimes a yard or more off a gain and cheats MEMPHIS out of first downs. Think about how many 3rd and short plays the offense seems to have.
- infractions NOT called on the opponent like the offsides on the UCF KO gunner last night; this was the guy who made the helmet-to-helmet hit that caused the non-fumble that was NOT overturned that resulted in the go ahead TD for UCF. UCF never holds but MEMPHIS is called for a phantom hold on a KO TD return from the ref 55 yards downfield. That ref could see the lane opening up and quickly threw that flag.
- I personally notice the refs are always a bit late in acknowledging TO calls by the MEMPHIS coaches. Those few seconds add up during a game and could impact the game at the end.

My point is simple.

Fuente needs to instill a ruthless, take-no-prisoners attitude. REMOVE THE INFLUENCE OF THESE INCOMPETENT REFS BY BEATING THE OPPONENT BY AS LARGE A MARGIN AS POSSIBLE. If MEMPHIS is up 45 - 14 in the 4th quarter, we can laugh off the officials pathetic calls instead of having it result in another "apology letter" sent by the AAC Director of Officiating to Bowen/Fuente while the opponent gets the W.

Seriously, crush the other team with no mercy. Even if the TIGERS are up 35 in the final minute; run the two minute offense; tack another score on for good measure. No one knows just how onesided the calls might be; don't take any chances.
10-06-2013 07:29 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2013 05:58 AM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  I am frustrated & angry also but I haven't stopped smiling since the game because we were so darn good

Good observation, that's kind of how I came away from the game.
10-07-2013 09:24 AM
Advertisement

madtiger Offline
Hoops Hater, Shill, and Pro Boot Licker

I Root For: Memphis
I too have never been as angry, disappointed, and frustrated leaving the Liberty Bowl.

I hope everyone is equally as angry at the INT at the end of the first half, the dropped TD pass and the absolutely terrible playcall at the end of the game.

Those calls hurt, but if Malone catches that TD, and we get AT least 3 at the end of the first half it ends up a 31-17/31-10 game. We skulldrug them up and down the field, but made critical mistakes that truly cost us the game.

We were contributors to our own demise. The officiating was dreadful at the end...but we should never have let it get to that point.
10-07-2013 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofM TIGERS!
(10-07-2013 09:54 AM)madtiger Wrote:  I too have never been as angry, disappointed, and frustrated leaving the Liberty Bowl.

I hope everyone is equally as angry at the INT at the end of the first half, the dropped TD pass and the absolutely terrible playcall at the end of the game.

Those calls hurt, but if Malone catches that TD, and we get AT least 3 at the end of the first half it ends up a 31-17/31-10 game. We skulldrug them up and down the field, but made critical mistakes that truly cost us the game.

We were contributors to our own demise. The officiating was dreadful at the end...but we should never have let it get to that point.
Agree, totally.
10-07-2013 09:57 AM
Reekinhavoc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Univ of Memphis
(10-05-2013 08:27 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

Well said and I couldn't agree more. Wish I could hear the crowd more on the epsn3 broadcast. You hear very little crowd noise, I wondered how the crowd was reacting to those calls and when CJF was getting all over the refs.

I was watching on ESPN3 also and I heard the crowd when CJF was out here cussin the ref and kickin sod on his shoes. It was really noticeable and I was very proud of coach and the crowd.
10-07-2013 10:26 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-07-2013 09:54 AM)madtiger Wrote:  I too have never been as angry, disappointed, and frustrated leaving the Liberty Bowl.

The 4th and 10 was big. Their receivers came up big all day.
10-07-2013 10:54 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(10-07-2013 10:54 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

The 4th and 10 was big. Their receivers came up big all day.

Yep
10-07-2013 11:22 AM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
The bottom line is that's two games were leading with 3 minutes left and lost. At some point you just gotta make a play.
10-07-2013 11:26 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Valid points by madtiger and Bluto.

I listed on another thread the errors MEMPHIS made that contributed to the loss (dropped passes, 4th & 10, etc) as well as the officiating errors.

The bottom line is MEMPHIS can control and correct their mistakes and miscues; no one controls the indiscretions exercised by the officiating crews assigned to the TIGER FB games. We HOPE these officials are competent and exercise integrity, but when they don't there isn't a hell of a lot MEMPHIS can do except tolerate it and try to overcome it.

The thing is...the TIGERS almost did Saturday.

Despite the no-call on the helmet-to-helmet hit that gave UCF the gift go ahead score, and the KO return called back on the phantom hold...the TIGERS still marched down the field and were on the cusp of forcing OT. That showed character and grit. A little more seasoning and experience is required. This team grew up a bit against UCF.

I look forward to them putting it together and just unloading on some team this season.
10-07-2013 12:04 PM
Heisman

(10-06-2013 07:29 AM)boss man Wrote:  Fuente probably is realizing, as Cletus noted in another thread, that it's not just the obvious KILLER bad calls that hurt. It is also the little things the officials are doing throughout the game that also add up:
- marking the ball down where the TIGER players' knees hit regardless of where the ball hits; this takes sometimes a yard or more off a gain and cheats MEMPHIS out of first downs. Think about how many 3rd and short plays the offense seems to have.
- infractions NOT called on the opponent like the offsides on the UCF KO gunner last night; this was the guy who made the helmet-to-helmet hit that caused the non-fumble that was NOT overturned that resulted in the go ahead TD for UCF. UCF never holds but MEMPHIS is called for a phantom hold on a KO TD return from the ref 55 yards downfield. That ref could see the lane opening up and quickly threw that flag.
- I personally notice the refs are always a bit late in acknowledging TO calls by the MEMPHIS coaches. Those few seconds add up during a game and could impact the game at the end.

My point is simple.

Fuente needs to instill a ruthless, take-no-prisoners attitude. REMOVE THE INFLUENCE OF THESE INCOMPETENT REFS BY BEATING THE OPPONENT BY AS LARGE A MARGIN AS POSSIBLE. If MEMPHIS is up 45 - 14 in the 4th quarter, we can laugh off the officials pathetic calls instead of having it result in another "apology letter" sent by the AAC Director of Officiating to Bowen/Fuente while the opponent gets the W.

Seriously, crush the other team with no mercy. Even if the TIGERS are up 35 in the final minute; run the two minute offense; tack another score on for good measure. No one knows just how onesided the calls might be; don't take any chances.

Agreed.
10-07-2013 04:02 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-07-2013 11:26 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  The bottom line is that's two games were leading with 3 minutes left and lost. At some point you just gotta make a play.

I agree. But at least we aren't behind 40-0 going into the 4th quarter. They have learned how to compete, now they need to learn to win.
10-07-2013 04:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.