Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great game south!
Bookmark and Share
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Exclamation Great game south!
Y'all have become a force to be recond with in a few years... What a game! 100% better team this year than we played last year. I'm still shaking lol. Nice job on attendance... I think y'all would have brought more if not for the storm coming.

Attendance 23,024

Let the rivalry stir05-stirthepot
10-05-2013 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Great game south!
Yea. Y'all won the game. Fair and square. Nice recovery from the last few weeks for you guys.

But we really need to stop end of the game meltdowns. We nearly lost a huge lead vs Tulane, and we did lose last minute leads vs SUU and now Troy.

And the g-dam penalties.
10-05-2013 04:12 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

We have been king of let downs and not finishing... And nearly let this one slip too.
10-05-2013 04:24 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
If only USA had a kicker.
10-05-2013 06:04 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
I didn't get to watch the game, but how did USA lose even though they out-gained Troy by 200 yards (and they had no turnovers)?
10-05-2013 08:37 PM
Dedsquirrl Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(10-05-2013 08:37 PM)tyler90wm Wrote:  I didn't get to watch the game, but how did USA lose even though they out-gained Troy by 200 yards (and they had no turnovers)?

Statefanatic answered this question.
10-05-2013 08:43 PM
Advertisement

tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
(10-05-2013 08:43 PM)Dedsquirrl Wrote:  Statefanatic answered this question.

Looked like he only had one missed FG; did you guys just forgo FG's and go for it on 4th down?
10-05-2013 08:46 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-05-2013 08:46 PM)tyler90wm Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 08:43 PM)Dedsquirrl Wrote:  Statefanatic answered this question.

Looked like he only had one missed FG; did you guys just forgo FG's and go for it on 4th down?

We went for it on 4th down at the 5 yard line in the 3rd (or early 4th) quarter... (And missed)
10-05-2013 08:47 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

We missed 2 field goals and a PAT. One of the field goals was a 22 yard chip shot.
10-05-2013 09:26 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
You get your moneys worth when USA plays a game this year, they all have gone down to the wire. I had mixed emotions, I kind of wanted Troy to pin a loss on you all but then again I am hoping the Toppers only conference loss is to USA, but this early that is a lot of hoping.
On a side note, I thought I saw where Southern Utah only put 3 points on the board in a lopsided loss?
10-06-2013 10:20 AM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Troy
(10-05-2013 09:26 PM)HCJag Wrote:  We missed 2 field goals and a PAT. One of the field goals was a 22 yard chip shot.

TROY blocked a field goal. South missed another FG and a missed PAT.

South attempted to compensate by going for 2 three times. TROY held them to 1-3 on 2pt attempts.

68 yards of the 200 in South's favor was an easy INT that our safety let go through his hands and went directly to the South player for any easy score.

I know South fans are frustrated by their play, but TROY fans are just as frustrated. The better team won- and I believe it shouldn't have even been as close as it was.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 12:26 PM by TrojanNation.)
10-06-2013 12:24 PM
Advertisement

HCJag Offline
All American

With USA holding a decided advantage in every statistical category and leaving easy points on the field, the better team just had bad luck day and no, it shouldn't have been close. The kicking game for us has been an adventure all year, that was the point of my post.

I'm not really frustrated though. If somebody had told me before the year that we'd be playing like this I'd have taken it.
10-06-2013 01:13 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
Stats can be very deceptive ... and I do remember Troy fumbling the ball going into score at one point as well. When you lose a game and say what you are saying makes you look like a pretty crappy loser.

Let me ask this, if you were able to run up all of those stats then why didn't you win? To me that's a sign of not being a better team. And don't blame kicking that left four points off the board; with such dominance on the stat sheet you should have been ahead by more than those four points if you were clearly the better team.

Take the loss and move on to the next week.
10-06-2013 01:23 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

(10-06-2013 01:23 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Stats can be very deceptive ... and I do remember Troy fumbling the ball going into score at one point as well. When you lose a game and say what you are saying makes you look like a pretty crappy loser.

Let me ask this, if you were able to run up all of those stats then why didn't you win? To me that's a sign of not being a better team. And don't blame kicking that left four points off the board; with such dominance on the stat sheet you should have been ahead by more than those four points if you were clearly the better team.

Take the loss and move on to the next week.

True all that. "and I believe it shouldn't have even been as close as it was" was the object of my objection. Not the loss.
10-06-2013 01:36 PM
Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I have no pity for South fans in this game. All I have heard all week from local tard south fans is how bad they were going to beat Troy. Guess what you still suck and now we are 2-0 in the series. Glad we have another in state school to beat on, since UAB is bailing on us. You lose we win AGAIN, put that in your mouth south.
10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2013 01:53 PM)Chrono124 Wrote:  I have no pity for South fans in this game. All I have heard all week from local tard south fans is how bad they were going to beat Troy. Guess what you still suck and now we are 2-0 in the series. Glad we have another in state school to beat on, since UAB is bailing on us. You lose we win AGAIN, put that in your mouth south.

Congrats on the win Troy.

But let me ask you a question...who is happier about how things are going, football wise? USA or Troy?

See you next year in Mobile...
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 02:57 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
10-06-2013 02:57 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-06-2013 02:57 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 01:53 PM)Chrono124 Wrote:  I have no pity for South fans in this game. All I have heard all week from local tard south fans is how bad they were going to beat Troy. Guess what you still suck and now we are 2-0 in the series. Glad we have another in state school to beat on, since UAB is bailing on us. You lose we win AGAIN, put that in your mouth south.

But let me ask you a question...who is happier about how things are going, football wise? USA or Troy?

Truth...

If you go on our board you would have thought we lost to USA.

Either way we have not been doing what we need to do to get to the next level. And it's coming to bite us in the butt. Hopefully we can turn it around while there's time.

On the thing about the stats. It happens pretty often. I remember Troy doing the same thing to $EC schools but coming up short on the stat that matters which is the final score. Troy had opportunities in this game to really put it away. Fumbling in the redzone when we were about to score was one. It could have been 31-7 in the 3rd quarter. But as I knew it would happen we let another team chip away at us.
10-06-2013 05:31 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2013 05:31 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Truth...

If you go on our board you would have thought we lost to USA.

Either way we have not been doing what we need to do to get to the next level. And it's coming to bite us in the butt. Hopefully we can turn it around while there's time.

On the thing about the stats. It happens pretty often. I remember Troy doing the same thing to $EC schools but coming up short on the stat that matters which is the final score. Troy had opportunities in this game to really put it away. Fumbling in the redzone when we were about to score was one. It could have been 31-7 in the 3rd quarter. But as I knew it would happen we let another team chip away at us.

It wouldn't have made a difference had you scored there. South doesn't protect its leads, but also doesn't allow anyone to protect theirs. We're 3 plays away from 5-0 and 2 plays away from 0-5. Worst case scenario for USA...3-9 (2-5 in SBC) and that assumes we don't beat ULM at home, which would have exceeded expectations at the start of the year. Best case...7-5 and a bowl bid (unlikely but our schedule is actually reasonably favorable from here on out). I see us finishing 5-7. And USA will be well set up for 2014, where we, again, have a nice schedule with a couple of really nice home games (even if MSU at home is a reach).

Next year, close losses won't be acceptable. We're already at the point where we expected to beat Troy on the road, and we expect to beat ULM at home.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 05:50 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
10-06-2013 05:43 PM
StillGotIt Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

That's what I'm talkin' bout. Passion Baby! Bring it Chrono

and just two days ago yall said it wasn't a rivalry.

#rearview
10-06-2013 05:51 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Good comeback, Tom. Talk is cheap and every fanbase has their lowlifes that talk tough on messageboards.
10-06-2013 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.