Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blue Zoo article
Bookmark and Share
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
Blue Zoo article
Found this in my email after the game. Are you proud of this or something? What a joke. Article was pretty decent for my counterparts, but the next to last paragraph is a complete joke. As long as student atmosphere continues to improve, I can live without the limelight.

Quote:Taylor’s favorite Blue Zoo moment was joining roughly 400 Blue Raider fans, who traveled to Western Kentucky for the basketball game last season. Blue Zoo members took the 25-foot banner and waved it during the introductions, almost having it confiscated by security after WKU fans complained. MT invaded their home court and was louder than the Western Kentucky student section, Taylor said.

So ~400 fans took over an 8k arena? and you were louder than ~7k people? and security tried to take away your banner (which no one could see because the lights were off) because WKU fans complained. Well my dad's seat was right in front of where these lying jack wads sit and says it never happened. So I'll jut go ahead and say BS. While the Red Riot does not have the twitter following that BZ has, we still manage to have much better student attendance than these guys could dream about. 5k is your second largest student crowd ever? really?

[Image: BUZqZtCIcAAp0oa.jpg]

article link
10-04-2013 01:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueRaider0x0 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tenn.
RE: Blue Zoo article
Your dad is a liar.
10-04-2013 06:18 AM
MTalum09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
First of all, does this even matter? Seems petty to me.
Secondly, I was there and saw the banner out during the first part of the game, however it disappeared after that.. Also, towards the end of the game, MT fans were louder. We sang the fight song over the Western fans.
If you really want something to complain about, why don't we jump to the WKU student section who flipped the bird to several MT fans as they sulked while walking out of the arena that day.
10-04-2013 07:02 AM
WKUApollo Online

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Guys, let it rest. This is juvenile TopsonTop. It's a rivalry. Both sides have overzealous fans. I was at the game and the place was rockin. The 300-400 MT fans were loud and they may have felt they were louder but one always thinks their own section is louder because well, you're in your section and it appears louder than a section on the other side of the arena. For what it's worth, I sat in front of the MT section and there was a grown 40-something year old man flipping the bird and using foul language. My 10 year old son asked me what a couple of the words were during the game. Needless to say, I was embarrassed for that man.
10-04-2013 08:34 AM
Jacque Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
Every fan base has members that embarass the more civilized memebrs of such fan bases. My son was cursed out by a 60+ y.o. fan of MT after my son made a comment about Kermit walking off the court without shaking hands after WKU won the last regular season game against MT. That fan was a jerk. Two MT students came and stood in the WKU reserved section at last year's football game and made smart a** comments in an attempt to rile up the people in our section. They were jerks. So what. I would imagine that the majority of MT fans are not.
Having arguments about fans acting poorly is interesting but pointless as all of us have our fair share unfortunately.
10-04-2013 09:16 AM
Advertisement

TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

(10-04-2013 07:02 AM)MTalum09 Wrote:  First of all, does this even matter? Seems petty to me.
Secondly, I was there and saw the banner out during the first part of the game, however it disappeared after that.. Also, towards the end of the game, MT fans were louder. We sang the fight song over the Western fans.
If you really want something to complain about, why don't we jump to the WKU student section who flipped the bird to several MT fans as they sulked while walking out of the arena that day.

Certainly seemed to matter to the anonymous failer fan who felt i needed to read it.

And unless "toward the end of the game" was the last few seconds after we had already lost the game, or during a WKU freethrow, you weren't audible at all. I didn't see the banner before the game, but I did see it at the end, so either you intentionally disregarded an order from arena security and potentially caused a safety issue or these two losers are full of it. I'll take my chances with the latter.
10-04-2013 10:33 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
The bitterness is strong in this one.
10-04-2013 11:08 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Not that it matters, but I was at the game, too. Been to most every MT game at WKU in hoops & football.

WKU fans were rocking that night and loud as hell. I came away impressed for the first time in a while. Still not as loud as it was in the late 1970's.

MT fans brought a great crowd as well, and the large banner was there (albeit behind the goal).
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 12:10 PM by KAjunRaider.)
10-04-2013 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

(10-04-2013 12:09 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Not that it matters, but I was at the game, too. Been to most every MT game at WKU in hoops & football.

WKU fans were rocking that night and loud as hell. I came away impressed for the first time in a while. Still not as loud as it was in the late 1970's.

MT fans brought a great crowd as well, and the large banner was there (albeit behind the goal).

The crowd banner was there no doubt, but you couldn't see it before the game unless you were near it. I was at the opposite end line 2 rows from the floor and didn't see it until after the game. That was a good crowd but the previous year was better. Place was deafening when harp took the mic.
10-04-2013 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.