MyBB HC Jerod Haase on Fox6 this AM

10-01-2013 09:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
RE: HC Jerod Haase on Fox6 this AM
No matter how much I enjoyed MD antics.. He would be like a fish out of water with that type of interaction.
Good job coach Hasse.
10-01-2013 10:23 AM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Is it a violation to introduce recruits at school sporting events? Saw something on youtube from last weekend where it happened. Not us.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 02:33 PM by BlazeN'Bham.)
10-01-2013 02:30 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Yes.
10-01-2013 02:44 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-01-2013 02:30 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  Is it a violation to introduce recruits at school sporting events? Saw something on youtube from last weekend where it happened. Not us.

When you have a cooperative media, you can always have a camera crew and reporter interview the recruit, either at the airport or at his school. Recruits love the attention.

You can also make sure the media knows which recruits are visiting the school. They announce it and adoring fans show up, feeding the recruits ego.

Memphis does it all the time.
10-01-2013 03:06 PM
Advertisement

BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Coach Haase on NBC 13 on Alabama tonight now
10-01-2013 06:35 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Patrick Pierce ‏@Patrickp13 21m
@CoachJerodHaase joins us at 6:30p.m. on @AlabamaTonight to talk about #UAB Basketball & Hoops on the Haasephalt http://www.alabamas13.com/story/23583855...rns-friday
10-01-2013 06:36 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Just to expound on what was mentioned above, the local media is used & sometimes knowingly pushes recruits towards certain schools by mentioning them as prospects at the school and discussing how well they would fit in at that school, etc.

That is one reason why I got extremely pissed at Sentell when he mentioned that it was a shame that certain basketball prospects weren't considering Alabama or Auburn (at that point in time).

It is not the media's job to recruit for the schools, however we all know that it is done here in our state at an extreme level.

Conversely, they can also make certain schools look bad & thereby hinder recruiting.
10-01-2013 07:30 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Ive noticed all news stations but CBS has played video on UAT basketball right before their UAB basketball segment.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 07:57 PM by BlazeN'Bham.)
10-01-2013 07:56 PM
Advertisement

WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-01-2013 06:35 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  Coach Haase on NBC 13 on Alabama tonight now

Video up
http://www.alabamas13.com/video?autoStar...Id=9368105
10-01-2013 08:32 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Should we start a thread to keep up with which recruits are visiting Friday?

Jarvis Calhoun ‏@BornReady25 11m
UAB midnight madness Friday>>>

William Lee is set for his official this weekend. No word on Sullivan. Carlos Morris is looking for a weekend to visit UAB, not sure he wants to take an official visit though. Asked Drew about the UAT commits and Haas. Not likely they'll visit.
10-01-2013 08:58 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

HC Jerod Haase on Opening drive this A.M.
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skin...&f=1925813
10-02-2013 01:22 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Damn, I should've realized they were going to talk Alabama football during a UAB basketball segment. Sorry for posting that.
10-02-2013 01:32 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(10-01-2013 07:30 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Just to expound on what was mentioned above, the local media is used & sometimes knowingly pushes recruits towards certain schools by mentioning them as prospects at the school and discussing how well they would fit in at that school, etc.

That is one reason why I got extremely pissed at Sentell when he mentioned that it was a shame that certain basketball prospects weren't considering Alabama or Auburn (at that point in time).

It is not the media's job to recruit for the schools, however we all know that it is done here in our state at an extreme level.

Conversely, they can also make certain schools look bad & thereby hinder recruiting.

This
10-02-2013 03:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Matt McClearin ‏@McMatt945 20m
All you UAB kids and fans, we'll be broadcasting live tomorrow from Hoops on the Haasephalt to help kick off UAB Basketball. Good times.

Mass on Jox, Matt and Scott spectacular
10-03-2013 05:24 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2013 05:24 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  Matt McClearin ‏@McMatt945 20m
All you UAB kids and fans, we'll be broadcasting live tomorrow from Hoops on the Haasephalt to help kick off UAB Basketball. Good times.

Mass on Jox, Matt and Scott spectacular

This is cool!

My ONLY complaint (sorry to gripe about something- I try not to since so many others do it on a consistent basis) is that this event is on a Friday night in the middle of high school football season. Imagine how many more folks would be here on a Saturday night after the FAU game. I hate that I'm going to miss it. And before someone says skip the high school game. I can't. It's my job to be at the game.
10-04-2013 05:50 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I agree. I have a commitment to my daughter first for her games this year & next year & would be there if I could.

I don't know that a Saturday event or any other day would be any better though.

Still, a good thing regardless.
10-04-2013 08:30 AM
Advertisement

UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I have work commitments that keep me from some events, but I know that events like HOTH are geared for crowds of about 3-4,000 and to get the UAB student body excited about basketball season... high school football season isn't an issue.

Heck, our 2nd largest crowd in football came on a Friday night during high school football season.
10-04-2013 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(10-02-2013 01:22 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  HC Jerod Haase on Opening drive this A.M.
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skin...&f=1925813

I know I have bashed the OD and it's been well deserved but I thought this was a very good interview for a pleasant change.
10-04-2013 10:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.