UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Garrick McGee on Opening Drive tomorrow
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

I Root For: UAB
Garrick McGee on Opening Drive tomorrow
Not sure what time, but this is almost 24 hours notice nonetheless.
09-24-2013 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Garrick McGee on Opening Drive tomorrow
UAB Athletics ‏@UABathletics 52m
#UAB coach @GarrickMcGee will be guest on @openingdrive on #WJOX Wed. morning at 7:30. Tune in to hear the Blazers' coach

Listen Here
http://player.streamtheworld.com/_player.../?sid=3070
09-25-2013 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blzer4Life Offline
Super Blazer Moderator

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Report from any masochists in the crowd?
09-25-2013 08:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Missed it but I was told it was not pretty after he was off the air. Typical insults. heard they went on about our attendance and said we need to play at the met.

I know why we try to be on JOX but it's almost counter productive. We are advertising to a mostly Gump audience, not to the typical fan who may be interested in going to games. Maybe I am off on this but that's what it appears.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013 09:39 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
09-25-2013 09:37 AM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
(09-25-2013 09:37 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Missed it but I was told it was not pretty after he was off the air. Typical insults. heard they went on about our attendance and said we need to play at the met.

I know why we try to be on JOX but it's almost counter productive. We are advertising to a mostly Gump audience, not to the typical fan who may be interested in going to games. Maybe I am off on this but that's what it appears.

Actually it was only Barker saying move the games to the Met...Al and Tony basically said he was nut and that winning would take care of attendence.

The interview was mostly typical coach-speak. Nothing groundbreaking.

Two tidbits:

"Our third goal as a program is to respect college football" - No idea what this means about our program goals or literally.

"Reeves wasn't running the ball like we want him to early in the game (against NW ST). I chewed on him pretty good with a few choice words. Those words were put the other guy in."
09-25-2013 11:16 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Our best drive in the game actually was when JP was QB & Howard was RB.
I was wondering WTF when on the next series he put AB & DR back in.
I thought he would go with JP & JH for another series.
09-25-2013 11:21 AM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

Glad I turned it off after the interview. Wouldnt want to have my breakfast ruined by hearing the Bama homer spew his idiotic commentaries.
09-25-2013 12:19 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Thanks Jay. like I said I didn't hear it. I can't stand listening to that show. I have my radio on the NFL network or Mike and Mike in the mornings. If's it's too boring I switch to Margaritaville or No Shoes Radio. I have been done with local radio since the Zone committed suicide.
09-25-2013 01:33 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(09-25-2013 11:16 AM)blazerjay Wrote:  
(09-25-2013 09:37 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Missed it but I was told it was not pretty after he was off the air. Typical insults. heard they went on about our attendance and said we need to play at the met.

Actually it was only Barker saying move the games to the Met...Al and Tony basically said he was nut and that winning would take care of attendence.

The interview was mostly typical coach-speak. Nothing groundbreaking.

Two tidbits:

"Our third goal as a program is to respect college football" - No idea what this means about our program goals or literally.

"Reeves wasn't running the ball like we want him to early in the game (against NW ST). I chewed on him pretty good with a few choice words. Those words were put the other guy in."

Could it be along the lines of lack of respect shown our program in state but he just didn't say it right.

Maybe we should change our mascot to Rodney Dangerfield
09-25-2013 04:08 PM
82blazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I don't believe McGee is a big fan of the hurry up, spread type offenses (Texas A&M/Oregon). I have heard him say respecting the game of football several or severy times. He is a traditionalist in the hard nose running the ball, play action pass to beat the defense, etc.

He talks about being up tempo but we have not really played up tempo that much. Petrino's style of up-tempo was no huddle but not the breakneck speed that Houston, TAMU, or Oregon run. i think McGee's mindset is that he wants to play big boy football like the old days not the fast break spread.
09-25-2013 04:19 PM
Advertisement

WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

09-26-2013 12:06 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(09-25-2013 04:19 PM)82blazer Wrote:  I don't believe McGee is a big fan of the hurry up, spread type offenses (Texas A&M/Oregon). I have heard him say respecting the game of football several or severy times. He is a traditionalist in the hard nose running the ball, play action pass to beat the defense, etc.

He talks about being up tempo but we have not really played up tempo that much. Petrino's style of up-tempo was no huddle but not the breakneck speed that Houston, TAMU, or Oregon run. i think McGee's mindset is that he wants to play big boy football like the old days not the fast break spread.

That is exactly what he meant by "respect the game of football."

I like the interview, and I guess I didn't stick around long enough to hear Jay talk about the Met. The show is okay. I toggle between it and NPR in the mornings depending on how idiotic the callers are or how much Bama ballwashing is going on.

Winning will make them respect us more too, but I wish they'd do more for us. Tulane gets more coverage in New Orleans than we do here.
09-26-2013 12:48 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
On what basis did Jay propose the move? Was it just attendance numbers or a reference to "the neighborhood".
09-26-2013 03:20 PM
Advertisement

thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

Probably just on the basis of Jay being an out-of-touch, elitist, condescending idiot.
09-27-2013 06:47 AM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

(09-27-2013 06:47 AM)thebernreuter Wrote:  Probably just on the basis of Jay being an out-of-touch, elitist, condescending idiot.

I think we have a winner here.
09-27-2013 10:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.