Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Brae Wright
Bookmark and Share
USMC Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbsCrappies

<a href='http://olemisssports.collegesports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/051904aaa.html' target='_blank'>link</a>

Damn, this couldn't come at a worse time :mad:
05-19-2004 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

msudawgs64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Miss. State

actually USMC, imo, it came at the best time, let me explain though. Apparently this kid has some issues, one being not being able to follow team rules and based on what I have seen earlier in the season, he had a chance to redeem himself after he was suspended, with him being kicked off the team apparently he did not take that chance seriously. Now what I mean by my first statement is this, folks that play in a team environment have to follow the rules laid out for them, otherwise they become cancer's in the clubhouse/locker room and eventually other players feel that if this guy can do this, then they can too, thus leading to a total breakdown in the team concept, but you know this since you too have a military background. With the breakdown of the team concept comes losses out the wazoo, that you don't want, so though it is close to the tourney and regionals for Ole Miss, him being dismissed now allows another player who does want to play by the rules, to get a chance to step up and show what he's got. We already know that the Rebels can win without Wright, they played a very good Auburn team without him and came away just fine, I think the Rebels will be just fine without him here, maybe even better, now the other players don't have to rely on him to do something that he cannot fulfill. Hope that makes sense. This very well could be a blessing in disguise for the Rebels. I will also say that I gained even more respect for Bianco with this news, he could have opted to sweep it under the rug until the season was over but that would do nothing but hurt the team in the end, so kudos to Bianco for doing the right thing and shame on Wright for not.
05-19-2004 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss

Yeah, we've won the last two series without him, and they were tough ones. Apparently, Brae cares more about being a baseball player than being a member of the Ole Miss baseball team if that makes any sense.

And 64, not to nitpick, but Brae played in game 3 against Auburn and was pitching quite well. He would normally pitch game 2, but that Saturday was rained out and Bianco switched him and Head for the doubleheader. Brae was pulled in the 7th inning to go to Brian Pettway, the closer at that time. Pettway gave up the two run shot that lost us the series. Brae was pitching just fine and should not have come out of that game. Of course, not that I'm taking up for him, I'm not.

I too applaud Coach Bianco for doing what is best for the team. You hate to lose a good player, but if they're breaking rules consistently, you're better without them.

We'll be fine ladies and gentlemen. On Southern Sports Tonight, the guys were commenting on how they thought we'd be fine for this weekend, because LSU relies on good outings from their starters, and we don't. We have the depth on the mound in the event that a starter has a bad night. If we swing the bats well this weekend, lookout LSU. 04-cheers

WR
05-19-2004 11:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OLEGRAD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I agree 100% with 64. We can't have one group of rules for
one player and another group of rules for the rest of the team.
With one less player, the rest of the team will have to take up the
slack. I think they can.

Hoddy Toddy

-----------------------------
OLE MISS: A CUT ABOVE
05-20-2004 12:06 AM
Advertisement

USMC Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbsCrappies

absolutely agree. I was fussing b/c of the stupid decision on brae's part, not on Bianco's part. Atleast he has a pair. That I can respect, as I am sure the team can.
05-20-2004 08:09 AM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

We surely needed him yesterday, though. :crying:
05-23-2004 09:00 AM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

We need him today, too. We're behind 7 runs in the 7th. And Arkansas is whipping Auburn.

We could use some batters as well. Did I read we loaded the bases three times and scored two runs? :frown: We don't seem to want this one very much. I don't get it.

My son locked us out of the house on the way to Mass this morning. (Now I know why tigers eat their young.) Good thing I didn't compound my misery by listening to the game while I waited for the locksmith. It's also a good thing that baseball isn't a real sport (right, Wry?). 03-wink I think I'll save my emotional reserves for football. A person can take only so much frustration.
05-23-2004 03:58 PM
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss

I was there for Saturday and Sunday's games. Not the best effort I've seen from the Rebels, but by far, not the worst. Let's remember, LSU is a very good baseball team again this year. They simply shook Friday's loss off and took care of business.

It's been a hell of a season, and I'm proud of the Rebels. They went through a very bad streak, and unlike two years ago, they rebounded to finish pretty strong. They finished tied with LSU for second place in the West.

None of that matters now. The season starts at 5pm on Wednesday. Time to show the SEC who's for real.

WR
05-24-2004 07:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.