Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Remaining Undefeated Teams (after week 2)
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Remaining Undefeated Teams (after week 2)
I was going to update the old thread and figured I'd try it different this year with a new thread each week.

Teams with 1st loss week 2: 23 teams
Wake Forest
Eastern Michigan
Cincinnati
Kent State
Florida
UTSA
Western Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
Army
Virginia
Air Force
Tulane
South Carolina
Memphis
Indiana
North Texas
West Virginia
Arkansas State
UTEP
Texas
USC
San Jose State
Notre Dame

Week 2 Thoughts:
We now have 3 pre-season most likely teams to win the SEC East with a loss. If an undefeated SEC emerges this year, it's almost certainly coming from the west again.

In non-AQ land, things are beginning to become more clear. Fresno State is now the only undefeated Mountain West team period. In the MAC we have Bowling Green in the east and Ball State and Northern Illinois in the west. In Conference USA East Carolina and Marshall remain unbeaten. In the Sunbelt, Texas State and Troy remain.

Cincinnati loss to Illinois was a serious hindrance to any chance Louisville has at a national championship even if undefeated. While those hopes are not gone, the strength of schedule is going to hurt them in conversations and a Cincinnati who was moving up the rankings would have been very useful. It would help them if Central Florida (still unbeaten) defeats Penn State next week.

Notre Dame and Army loosing means that Navy (who defeated Indiana) remains the only undefeated independent.

Week 3 Thoughts:
Going into week 3, we have 50 undefeated teams remaining out of 124 full I-A teams. We have 8 games between I-A undefeated teams. Of particular note we have a top 10 match-up with Alabama @ Texas A&M and a top 25 match-up of UCLA @ Nebraska.

Remaining Undefeated Teams:
ACC: 8, American Athletic: 3, Big 12: 5, Big Ten: 9, Conference USA: 2, MAC: 3, Mountain West: 1, PAC-12: 8, SEC: 8, Sun Belt: 2, independents: 1, total: 50

Boston College
Clemson
Florida State
Maryland
North Carolina State
Duke
Georgia Tech
Miami (FL)
Baylor
Kansas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
Louisville
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Illinois
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin
East Carolina
Marshall
Central Florida
Houston
Bowling Green
Ball State
Northern Illinois
Fresno State
Oregon
Stanford
Washington
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
UCLA
Utah
Missouri
Tennessee
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Troy
Texas State
Navy
09-08-2013 11:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.