Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liar’s poker in St. Petersburg
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Putin Ready to Give Syria Missile Shield Over US Strike

President Obama arrives in Russia for G-20 summit amid warning from Putin that the country will provide the Syrian government with a missile shield should the US act in Syria without UN backing.

“I didn’t set a red line; the world set a red line.” BHO

Commietom should be along to explain what O really meant.
09-05-2013 09:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Liar’s poker in St. Petersburg
Let's unpack that statement. If the world set a red line then, judging from the world's reaction, Assad hasn't crossed it. If he has crossed a line, then it must be the one Obama set. Which must by definition be different from the one the world has set. So Obama is lying again.

The scariest thing about this whole situation may be that Obama lives in a world where comments like, "Let's unpack that statement," are actually uttered in commonplace conversation.
09-05-2013 09:38 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
OK, so does Obama go forward now that Putin sort of escalated the Syria situation so he can save face, or does he back down and blame it on Bush? There will probably be a lot of back room dealing with Russia so Obama can squirm out of this and who knows what he'll give Putin.
09-05-2013 09:49 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(09-05-2013 09:49 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  OK, so does Obama go forward now that Putin sort of escalated the Syria situation so he can save face, or does he back down and blame it on Bush? There will probably be a lot of back room dealing with Russia so Obama can squirm out of this and who knows what he'll give Putin.

I think he works w/ Congress on a way to back down gracefully.

As I said yesterday, the researchers doing the forensic investigation will give the answer that is requested (it might even be the true answer). The administration can use that for further justification to hold off any action.
09-05-2013 10:12 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

Will no country act without "UN backing" anymore. The world became a whole lot scarier place.
09-05-2013 10:12 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(09-05-2013 09:49 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  OK, so does Obama go forward now that Putin sort of escalated the Syria situation so he can save face, or does he back down and blame it on Bush? There will probably be a lot of back room dealing with Russia so Obama can squirm out of this and who knows what he'll give Putin.
We should just nuke the whole world(except for the red states here in the US) and be done with it. 04-rock
09-05-2013 11:19 AM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline

(09-05-2013 11:19 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
We should just nuke the whole world(except for the red states here in the US) and be done with it. 04-rock

That is really the only scenario where your situation gets any better, loser.
09-05-2013 11:53 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I'm sure everyone on here is confident of our "leader" in a one-on-one negotiation situation with Vladimer Putin. I'm sure the U.S. will come out of it with the best deal. Who knows, after this meeting Alaska may once again become Russian territory, but that's ok as long as Mr. Redline saves face.
09-05-2013 12:01 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(09-05-2013 11:53 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

Well, given that your answer to all the worlds problems is to nuke them, I was just giving you the answer you were looking for.
09-05-2013 12:01 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(09-05-2013 12:01 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Well, given that your answer to all the worlds problems is to nuke them, I was just giving you the answer you were looking for.

Maybe you missed it it our Nobel Prize winning leftist peacenik is the one starting a war by launching rockets at soon to be empty parking lots.
09-05-2013 12:08 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(09-05-2013 12:08 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Maybe you missed it it our Nobel Prize winning leftist peacenik is the one starting a war by launching rockets at soon to be empty parking lots.
At least there is a legit reason for it. You can't let countries use chemical weapons and get away with it with no consequences.
09-05-2013 12:21 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(09-05-2013 12:21 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 11:19 AM)RobertN Wrote:  We should just nuke the whole world(except for the red states here in the US) and be done with it. 04-rock

At least there is a legit reason for it. You can't let countries use chemical weapons and get away with it with no consequences.

Let the UN deal with it. They're so good at these sort of things
09-05-2013 12:29 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-05-2013 09:23 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Putin Ready to Give Syria Missile Shield Over US Strike

President Obama arrives in Russia for G-20 summit amid warning from Putin that the country will provide the Syrian government with a missile shield should the US act in Syria without UN backing.

He won't do it. Didn't Putin pitch a hissy fit when we were considering putting up a missle defense system in Poland? He tries to put one up for Syria we just threaten to go with our old plan and put ours up.
09-05-2013 01:27 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(09-05-2013 12:01 PM)Crebman Wrote:  I'm sure everyone on here is confident of our "leader" in a one-on-one negotiation situation with Vladimer Putin. I'm sure the U.S. will come out of it with the best deal. Who knows, after this meeting Alaska may once again become Russian territory, but that's ok as long as Mr. Redline saves face.

Obama isn't going to have much of a meeting with Putin. There's really no point in them meeting. Putin is a liar and a bully, with very little to back it up.

Putin lied to Bush, he lied to Obama. He'll lie to everyone. At least Obama has decided to stop pretending Russia is a behaving member of the global community.
09-05-2013 10:21 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(09-05-2013 10:21 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 12:01 PM)Crebman Wrote:  I'm sure everyone on here is confident of our "leader" in a one-on-one negotiation situation with Vladimer Putin. I'm sure the U.S. will come out of it with the best deal. Who knows, after this meeting Alaska may once again become Russian territory, but that's ok as long as Mr. Redline saves face.

Obama isn't going to have much of a meeting with Putin. There's really no point in them meeting. Putin is a liar and a bully, with very little to back it up.

Putin lied to Bush, he lied to Obama. He'll lie to everyone. At least Obama has decided to stop pretending Russia is a behaving member of the global community.

Wow Tom, why would Putin even meet with Obama after Obama cancelled their little summit? Obama showed up Putin and now Putin is giving him payback. Obama played this very badly and now we risk a war just to save his reputation. What a great leader.
09-05-2013 10:39 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(09-05-2013 11:19 AM)RobertN Wrote:  We should just nuke the whole world(except for the red states here in the US) and be done with it. 04-rock

So you were for the war in Iraq, Saddam gassed about 1 million of his own people.
09-05-2013 10:47 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(09-05-2013 12:29 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 11:53 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  That is really the only scenario where your situation gets any better, loser.

Let the UN deal with it. They're so good at these sort of things

Is the North Korean representative still on one of the big UN Panels?

http://rt.com/news/un-north-korea-torture-732/

They are so humane, and would probably send Syria snow coffee and birds.
09-06-2013 02:09 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Re: RE: Liar’s poker in St. Petersburg
(09-05-2013 01:27 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 09:23 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Putin Ready to Give Syria Missile Shield Over US Strike

He won't do it. Didn't Putin pitch a hissy fit when we were considering putting up a missle defense system in Poland? He tries to put one up for Syria we just threaten to go with our old plan and put ours up.

That was when Bush was president. It was O that caved on that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
09-06-2013 05:49 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-06-2013 05:49 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Yes, I know Putin has no respect for Obama, but O still has that missle defenese card to play if Russia gets all uppity.
09-06-2013 08:46 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(09-06-2013 08:46 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 05:49 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Yes, I know Putin has no respect for Obama, but O still has that missle defenese card to play if Russia gets all uppity.

But I thought "after the election" Obama said he could be more "accommodating".
09-06-2013 11:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.