UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Champlin: UAB HC Garrick McGee sees growth in QBs, plans to play both @ LSU
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Champlin: UAB HC Garrick McGee sees growth in QBs, plans to play both @ LSU
09-03-2013 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Champlin: UAB HC Garrick McGee sees growth in QBs, plans to play both @ LSU
Brown looked great for three quarters. Like the rest of the team.
09-03-2013 02:45 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

If AB starts against LSU and we score on the first few series. Jp doesn't see playing time. I know it sounds wrong to forget JP. I also thought we could've put troy away early had JP not been brought into the game. AB has earned his spot and he got his butt kicked week in and week out last year to earn his spot. He's the better QB.

Laugh at me when I say this but its my opinion.
Do I think we should beat LSU? No
Do I think we can beat LSU? Yes

No team is unbeatable, I predict we see les miles eating a lot of grass this weekend. Especially if Humphrey and Henderson are able to play as if they are in midseason form. Hope Humphrey gets cleared to play by ncaa.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 03:05 PM by BlazeN'Bham.)
09-03-2013 03:01 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

Perry 2/6 38 yards, 1 rush 4 yards QBR of 21.7

yeah, he looked wonderful.

Had we just stuck it out with brown and played to win the game we would have won by 40. Instead we play to kill the clock, and not to lose.

We only had 5 people catch a pass all night. <<< I won't be able to call in to the call in show but can someone inquire how that's possible?
09-03-2013 03:07 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(09-03-2013 03:01 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  If AB starts against LSU and we score on the first few series. Jp doesn't see playing time. I know it sounds wrong to forget JP. I also thought we could've put troy away early had JP not been brought into the game. AB has earned his spot and he got his butt kicked week in and week out last year to earn his spot. He's the better QB.

No team is unbeatable, I predict we see les miles eating a lot of grass this weekend. Especially if Humphrey and Henderson are able to play as if they are in midseason form. Hope Humphrey gets cleared to play by ncaa.

I hope Humphrey gets cleared to play! If he does get cleared this week, I bet we won't hear anything about it until game time.
09-03-2013 03:08 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

(09-03-2013 03:08 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  
(09-03-2013 03:01 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  If AB starts against LSU and we score on the first few series. Jp doesn't see playing time. I know it sounds wrong to forget JP. I also thought we could've put troy away early had JP not been brought into the game. AB has earned his spot and he got his butt kicked week in and week out last year to earn his spot. He's the better QB.

I hope Humphrey gets cleared to play! If he does get cleared this week, I bet we won't hear anything about it until game time.

I also think this game is all about qb play, don't expect to see us gain more than 50 yards on the ground. And that's not because our qb is taking sacks.
09-03-2013 03:13 PM
Advertisement

B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

LSU does have a big/strong D-line.........might be hard to run on them. This game should be a good experience for the team though. I wonder what our payout is? $500,000-$1,000,000 maybe? (probably closer to 500k).
09-03-2013 03:18 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
LSU game is close to $1,000,000. Vandy game is closer to $500,000.
09-03-2013 03:40 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(09-03-2013 03:40 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  LSU game is close to $1,000,000. Vandy game is closer to $500,000.

OK, thanks! That stands to reason that LSU would pay a little bit more, with their success/following, etc.
09-03-2013 03:51 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
(09-03-2013 03:51 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  
(09-03-2013 03:40 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  LSU game is close to $1,000,000. Vandy game is closer to $500,000.

OK, thanks! That stands to reason that LSU would pay a little bit more, with their success/following, etc.

Things like travel expenses are factored in also. It's pretty easy for the Blazers to get to Nashville.
09-03-2013 03:52 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

You're stupid. I have read many times on Blazertalk that Mcgee was an idiot because he played AB instead of JP last year.
09-03-2013 03:59 PM
Advertisement

B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(09-03-2013 03:52 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  

Things like travel expenses are factored in also. It's pretty easy for the Blazers to get to Nashville.

Do you know if the band is getting to go to Baton Rouge? Speaking of bands, LSU's always puts on a show!
09-03-2013 04:01 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-03-2013 04:01 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  
(09-03-2013 03:52 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  

Do you know if the band is getting to go to Baton Rouge? Speaking of bands, LSU's always puts on a show!

The band isn't going to Baton Rouge.
09-03-2013 04:05 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

(09-03-2013 03:59 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

You're stupid. I have read many times on Blazertalk that Mcgee was an idiot because he played AB instead of JP last year.

That was last year. AB was already the better QB. The problem was avoiding sacks and making better decisions to throw the ball away. Jp was only wanted by most of us because he was somewhat elusive. Now that AB has grown up, JP is an afterthought to me. Jp should get playing time if we're down by 3 tds or up by 3 tds, but not when the game is in question or on the line. AB has to be playing terrible for him to get on the field.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 04:09 PM by BlazeN'Bham.)
09-03-2013 04:05 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(09-03-2013 04:05 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  

That was last year. AB was already the better QB. The problem was avoiding sacks and making better decisions to throw the ball away. Jp was only wanted by most of us because he was somewhat elusive. Now that AB has grown up, JP is an afterthought to me.

By most accounts, JP had great spring and fall camps (backed up by scrimmage numbers), and deserves to play some. The timing of his playing time against Troy might not have been the greatest.
09-03-2013 04:10 PM
R-6 Offline
Special Teams

That was last year. AB was already the better QB. The problem was avoiding sacks and making better decisions to throw the ball away. Jp was only wanted by most of us because he was somewhat elusive. Now that AB has grown up, JP is an afterthought to me. Jp should get playing time if we're down by 3 tds or up by 3 tds, but not when the game is in question or on the line. AB has to be playing terrible for him to get on the field.

Don't forget AB could hardly walk at one point last year due to injury but he was kept in the game anyway. I think that was when most were calling for JP to play. AB looked healthy Saturday.
09-03-2013 04:19 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Troy dropped three AB interceptions in the 4th quarter. One was actually caught but he was ruled out of bounds. One pass he hit a guy right in the hands and I don't know how the guy dropped it. Not picking or choosing sides. Just wanted to get all the facts out there. Maybe you bring JP in as a closer? AB gets flustered in crunch time still. I still think he has trouble going trough all his progressions but that will come in time.

It will take both guys to get to 6 wins.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 04:22 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
09-03-2013 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

(09-03-2013 04:10 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  

That was last year. AB was already the better QB. The problem was avoiding sacks and making better decisions to throw the ball away. Jp was only wanted by most of us because he was somewhat elusive. Now that AB has grown up, JP is an afterthought to me.

By most accounts, JP had great spring and fall camps (backed up by scrimmage numbers), and deserves to play some. The timing of his playing time against Troy might not have been the greatest.

The NWSU and FAU games are coming up. Otherwise we shouldn't be giving second chances to earn starting jobs during games. At least not at QB.
09-03-2013 04:22 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

(09-03-2013 04:20 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Troy dropped three AB interceptions in the 4th quarter. One was actually caught but he was ruled out of bounds. One pass he hit a guy right in the hands and I don't know how the guy dropped it. Not picking or choosing sides. Just wanted to get all the facts out there. Maybe you bring JP in as a closer? AB gets flustered in crunch time still. I still think he has trouble going trough all his progressions but that will come in time.

It will take both guys to get to 6 wins.

Your Right. How would u feel if you were asked to start a game, came in and did your job as good as you could be asked to do, then your taken out to be replaced by your back up? My mind wouldnt be right, I would think coach is playing games within the game. It would also make me think coach wasn't taking the game seriously.

You shouldn't play 2 qbs unless your scheming, the game is out of hand, or the starter is playing terribly. None of those have happened yet.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 04:36 PM by BlazeN'Bham.)
09-03-2013 04:29 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Happens all the time in baseball. Seen in in football. If you go in knowing both will play you man up and play until you are told to come out. I have no issues with playing two guys. It's just the timing and that is what he needs to figure out. McGee made it clear that either guy could start and there is not a dime's difference between the two. He may be exaggerating but that is what he said. That and they are good friends, I think fans make a bigger issue of it than players do to be honest.

Quite honestly If I would have been on the sideline and just saw everything unraveling as it did and just watched my qb nearly throw three picks in two drives I would have made the switch after AB throws it to the guys hands and skillet hands dropped it. We were damn lucky the situation was not much worse.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 04:41 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
09-03-2013 04:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.