Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's nice to be on the other end of bad bullpens
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
It's nice to be on the other end of bad bullpens
Braves baseball, all too often, boils down to bullpen meltdowns in critical times when they just can't happen.

It's nice to see the Braves on the OTHER end of epic bullpen meltdowns for a change.
08-17-2013 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BucFyre Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: It's nice to be on the other end of bad bullpens
(08-17-2013 10:14 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Braves baseball, all too often, boils down to bullpen meltdowns in critical times when they just can't happen.

It's nice to see the Braves on the OTHER end of epic bullpen meltdowns for a change.

I felt so bad for Medlen to come in on a situation like that and get a loss for a game he didn't start. It was an epic show down though and I still hate Adam Laroche.
08-19-2013 07:53 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I think in a strange way, what happened to Medlen is best thing possible for the Braves. Skip his start this week, which will help limit his innings a bit. Last year was most he's ever thrown with about 160 ip between minors and MLB. This year, he's now at 148 ip.
08-19-2013 08:04 AM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(08-19-2013 08:04 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I think in a strange way, what happened to Medlen is best thing possible for the Braves. Skip his start this week, which will help limit his innings a bit. Last year was most he's ever thrown with about 160 ip between minors and MLB. This year, he's now at 148 ip.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I was looking at the Braves current roster and, with the exception of BJ Upton (Uggla's currently on DL) said to myself, well, we actually have a pretty decent team here. And looking at the 5 starters, 2nd youngest rotation in baseball currently I belive (think about that) I'm like, heck we still have a few stud starters in the mid-0minors to push these guys and no where to put them.

Minor, Medlin, Teheran, Wood, Beachy

Then we have Maholm immenently back from the DL and rehab.

I hope Frank Wren can parlay the surplus this winter into help at 2B (although they are holding off on brininging up a kid named Tommy LaStella so far to keep his arb clock from starting this year) and pay someone to take Uggla (and maybe BJ too?) like we did with Derrick Lowe to the Indians.

Also, Braves need more position plying prospects in the minors these days.

We lose Hudson and Maholm to FA this winter, but look strong in the starting rotation still. Bullpen will be a dogfight next year with the new youngsters pitching well and the potential returnees from season-ending surgeries. Wren will have some players to deal if he wants.

But I hope Braves can make a run at the Series this year with what they've got. It's been too long, and as the Nationals proved this year, you never know what can happen and when or if you'll be back, so play for today.
08-19-2013 12:28 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
To me, the thing with Uggla is it'll be interesting to see how he plays in September with good vision. Don't tink I have to tell you there aren't that many 25 hr hitting 2b out there. If with good vision he can be hitting even .260, that's not bad at all.
08-21-2013 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.