Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

INTERESTING
Bookmark and Share
rocketpete Offline
2nd String

I Root For: toledo
INTERESTING
fyi...http://www.hustlebelt.com/2013/8/3/4585638/keith-wenning-ball-stateundergoes-knee-surgery
08-03-2013 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: INTERESTING
Expected to be ready for the opener. Could just be a little house cleaning? It would be a big loss for them if it were more than that.
08-03-2013 09:28 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
That is interesting. If he's going to be back for the opener it must be very minor, maybe cleaning out some scar tissue or something. For anything more serious, you would have to think more like 6 weeks, at least. But, if it were a planned, minor surgery, why now? Well, their first conference game isn't until week 4 (EMU) and we play them in week 5. If very minor, he'll miss some practice, but probably be back in time for us.

But, you know, really--what Ball State's QB does or doesn't do shouldn't be a factor. The onus is on our coaching staff to get our defense to where it has some swagger and is a force to be reckoned with.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 11:13 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
08-03-2013 10:48 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
The MAC has a crop of QBs that could play in ANY league. Ball State is going to be an offense that will be at or near the top in most league stats.
08-03-2013 11:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
BSU will be tough, but if I'm not mistaken their O-line loses a lot, and their D was average. IMO they don't pass the eye test.
Their game vs. UCF they didn't have the athletes at every position to keep it close.
08-04-2013 12:26 PM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2013 12:26 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  BSU will be tough, but if I'm not mistaken their O-line loses a lot, and their D was average. IMO they don't pass the eye test.
Their game vs. UCF they didn't have the athletes at every position to keep it close.

You're right about BSU's OL but .....

Here's USA Today's take:

Quote:BSU has a clear transition plan in place at every (OL) position but right tackle. On the blind side, senior Matthew Page steps up the depth chart after spelling Holtz during the last two years, making a combined three starts. At center, sophomore Jacob Richard – a three-game starter in 2012 – is more than prepared for a starting role. Left guard is likewise settled: Jalen Schlachter saw time at both interior spots last fall, serving behind O'Brien and Hansel, and might only need time to develop into a frontline starter. ...biggest concern is right tackle, where the Cardinals head into August with redshirt freshmen Steven Bell and Drake Miller jostling for the starting job. The decline in experience and past production is obvious, yes, but Lembo and his staff have done a nice job developing reserve talent in advance of 2013.

The Rockets will be the first real test for the Cardinals in 2013
08-04-2013 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

AP report:

Quote:Coach Pete Lembo described the surgery as a minor procedure and said he expects Wenning to return in time to start the Aug. 29 season opener against Illinois State. Lembo said the knee had been ''annoying'' Wenning and the team thought it best to get it fixed now.
08-04-2013 04:49 PM
rocketpete Offline
2nd String

I Root For: toledo
With our group of uppers, I see this game as one that our team should be ready to play, after last seasons lapse.
Period.
08-04-2013 08:14 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

INTERESTING
Nothing is minor when you're messing with your knees.
08-06-2013 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.