ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

mbb tournament format changed and no press release
workingodu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: odu
mbb tournament format changed and no press release
Uab schedule is out. Cusa had said all teams go to el paso. Uab schdule states only 12 teams go to el paso. Why the change and no press release from cusa? It just seems odd. Jan 30 is uab game.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 06:21 PM by workingodu.)
07-29-2013 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

djnva Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
RE: mbb tournament format changed and no press release
(07-29-2013 06:02 PM)workingodu Wrote:  Uab schedule is out. Cusa had said all teams go to el paso. Uab schdule states only 12 teams go to el paso. Why the change and no press release from cusa? It just seems odd. Jan 30 is uab game.

Simplest reason is because the UAB schedule is wrong.
07-29-2013 06:52 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

Ours should be out soon.

CUSA Road Games: FAU, FIU, ECU, MTSU, North Texas, UAB, 3 more that I have not found, likely Western Division.
07-29-2013 06:58 PM
Advertisement

workingodu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: odu
Hummmm in their press release it states 12 of the best teams will go with top 4 having byes. I hope its wrong
07-29-2013 07:16 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
(07-29-2013 06:52 PM)djnva Wrote:  
(07-29-2013 06:02 PM)workingodu Wrote:  Uab schedule is out. Cusa had said all teams go to el paso. Uab schdule states only 12 teams go to el paso. Why the change and no press release from cusa? It just seems odd. Jan 30 is uab game.

Simplest reason is because the UAB schedule is wrong.

That'd be my bet. We've lost and replaced at least 4 members of our Athletic Department this off-season.
07-29-2013 07:43 PM
Advertisement

djnva Offline
All American

(07-29-2013 07:16 PM)workingodu Wrote:  Hummmm in their press release it states 12 of the best teams will go with top 4 having byes. I hope its wrong

Could also be written badly. 12 play in first round, 4 have byes. That's 16 teams.
07-29-2013 08:56 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(07-29-2013 08:56 PM)djnva Wrote:  
(07-29-2013 07:16 PM)workingodu Wrote:  Hummmm in their press release it states 12 of the best teams will go with top 4 having byes. I hope its wrong

Could also be written badly. 12 play in first round, 4 have byes. That's 16 teams.

That would be my guess.
07-29-2013 09:26 PM
Advertisement

TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
From the C-USA site.

MEN’S BASKETBALL
2013‐14 Teams (16): Charlotte, East Carolina, FIU (ineligible for postseason), Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech,
Marshall, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, Old Dominion, Rice, Southern Miss, Tulane, Tulsa,
UAB, UTEP, UTSA

Divisions: One

Scheduling Format: Teams play all 15 members once, as well as a home‐and‐home series against one “rival” team.

2014 Championship: March 11‐15, El Paso, Texas (Don Haskins Center)
Championship Format: Each team qualifies for the tournament, with the exception of FIU this season. The top four
seeds will receive a double‐bye, seeds five through nine receive a bye. The winner of the
single‐elimination tournament will gain the league's automatic bid to the NCAA Championship.

Reg. Season Awards:
Player of the Week and Freshman of the Week. Chosen by a panel consisting of one media
member in each league city.

Postseason Awards: Player of the Year, Sixth Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year,
Newcomer of the Year, Three All‐Conference Teams, All‐Defensive Team and All‐Freshman
Team. Chosen by each head coach and two media members per league city. The Coach of the
Year Award is administered by Kevin Scarbinsky of the Birmingham News and sponsored by
The Birmingham Tipoff Club. The coaches’ votes are submitted to Scarbinsky. The selection is
named during championship week. In addition there will be an All‐Academic Team selected by
the SIDs.
Championship Awards: An All‐Tournament Team of five players, which includes the Tournament MVP, as selected by
the media covering the tournament. The first and second place teams will receive trophies
and the first place team will receive individual awards.
07-30-2013 12:45 AM
djnva Offline
All American

Yeah, perhaps we should change the thread title...
07-30-2013 07:58 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
FIU has been banned from post-season since C-USA originally announced the 16 team format. At most we'll have a weird 15 team tourney.
07-30-2013 08:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.