I Root For: TV Contracts
Seems to be a popular number huh?

Acc - 14.5
B1g - 14
Sec - 14
PAC - 12
B12 - 10

That's 64.5

The original American "idea" of being the 6th best and at the table was suppose to be who? Boise, BYU, af, uconn, Cincy, SDSU, uh, SMU, USF, UCF, temple, Memphis.

Now the American has navy, ecu, Tulane and Tulsa.

The 4x16/18/20 is going to take years of contracts blah blah to happen. Until then the 4 team playoff will be open bids to the best by a committee. When the 4x happens then we can talk slot place,net and more likely a 8x10/9/8.

The b12 needs a ship game otherwise in the grand scheme ok or Texas will get hurt SOS/pri wise by not playing that game. The committee will use that as a excuse every time and f that conference as result. That will kick expansion up again.
But 75?
Why is that number so dam popular all of a sudden?
Cincy and Mem to the b12.
Boise and SDSU to the PAC.
BYU does a nd type deal with the PAC.
Uconn and temple to the acc.
Mizzu and Kansas to the b1g.
USF, uh and UCF to the b12.
Ecu to the sec.
07-23-2013 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
RE: 75
(07-23-2013 07:25 PM)FromTheInside Wrote:  Seems to be a popular number huh?

Acc - 14.5
B1g - 14
Sec - 14
PAC - 12
B12 - 10

That's 64.5

The original American "idea" of being the 6th best and at the table was suppose to be who? Boise, BYU, af, uconn, Cincy, SDSU, uh, SMU, USF, UCF, temple, Memphis.

The 4x16/18/20 is going to take years of contracts blah blah to happen. Until then the 4 team playoff will be open bids to the best by a committee. When the 4x happens then we can talk slot place,net and more likely a 8x10/9/8.

The b12 needs a ship game otherwise in the grand scheme ok or Texas will get hurt SOS/pri wise by not playing that game. The committee will use that as a excuse every time and f that conference as result. That will kick expansion up again.
But 75?
Ecu to the sec.

The PAC 12 will never vote to invite Boise. BSU is a community college in their eyes. Hell will freeze over before UConn ever got over the blackball votes against them in the ACC. It only takes 4 no votes to blackball in the ACC. UConn has at least 6 if not 8 no votes. Temple to the ACC - nope. You think that the SEC would fill a hole with ECU? I don't see the AAU teams in the SEC voting for ECU.

The only chance those other schools have is to aggregate into a very large 16-18 team conference that can meet the probably seating threasholds that the B-5 put into place. Most likely your league will have to average an attendence of 50K a game, and at least 50% of your teams will have to average an attendence of more than 50K a game.

You can estimate the bottom size threashold using the ACC because they have the most small schools - in terms of enrollment - Wake, Duke, BC, ND, Miami, and the ACC has none of the monster size schools like Arizona State, Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Texas, etc. The ACC average attendence of all 15 schools is around 50-53K depending on whose stats you use.

Once the new division is in place you could pull from the G-5 and get something like:

East West

UMass San Diego State
UConn UNLV
Temple Boise State
UOhio Air Force
Cincy SMU
Navy Houston
ECU Tulane
UCF Southern Miss
USF Memphis

Since a number of these schools can play in NFL stadiums (UMass, Temple, Cincy, USF, Tulane, Houston, SMU, SDS - they have the ability to gin up a larger than normal turnout)

I think this is the only realistic hope for these schools in regards to making it to a so-called divsion 4 football.
07-23-2013 08:43 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
i envision 5 power conferences + 20 independents in the new NCAA division if the schools do indeed split.

someones gotta be the bottom feeder- and colorado, northwestern, kansas, & vanderbilt will all say "hell no" which is why the aac/mwc teams will be asked to come wih the p5
07-23-2013 08:46 PM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
It isn't about the Power 5 being the only conferences in the new division. In my opinion, trying to fit 75 into that scenario just doesn't work.

If you are working on a 75 scenario, look at 6 or more conferences making that move upwards.
07-23-2013 08:55 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
75?

Thought you were talking about the 1975 Arkansas State Indians.
07-23-2013 09:32 PM
Advertisement

pablowow Offline
1st String

I Root For: TULANE/AAC

Acc - 14.5
B1g - 14
Sec - 14
PAC - 12
B12 - 10

That's 64.5

But 75?
Ecu to the sec.

I'm not just being a homer. But Houston I cannot see being added to big twelve because of too many Texas schools. I see Houston as a SEC possibility. Tulane will be the big 12 addidtion for geography and AAU.
07-23-2013 11:33 PM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Let me guess, this guy is a West Virginia fan. They have all the latest rumors.
07-23-2013 11:50 PM
Advertisement

lofi Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
(07-23-2013 11:50 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  Let me guess, this guy is a West Virginia fan. They have all the latest rumors.
After reading that post I can pretty much guarantee you that he's not a West Virginia fan.
Hey, other schools can have fans that make wacky insider predictions
with no basis in truth.
Can't they?
05-stirthepot05-stirthepot
07-24-2013 06:53 AM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
A guy using that name posted on the UConn board months ago claiming to be some kind of TV exec. I would assume its the same guy or at least a copy cat of that guy.
07-24-2013 12:30 PM
Advertisement

Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall

Acc - 14.5
B1g - 14
Sec - 14
PAC - 12
B12 - 10

That's 64.5

But 75?
Ecu to the sec.

the stupid burns bright in this one
07-24-2013 07:58 PM
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

(07-23-2013 11:50 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  Let me guess, this guy is a West Virginia fan. They have all the latest rumors.

this guy isn't one of ours

thank goodness
07-24-2013 07:59 PM
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

(07-23-2013 11:33 PM)pablowow Wrote:  I see Houston as a SEC possibility.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
07-24-2013 08:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.