Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

unc is the dirtiest program right now
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
unc is the dirtiest program right now
besides the fact they dodged a bullet on the academic scandal (should of been psu like sanctions), just served a bowl ban, and the hairston arrest......

to add to it
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...onald-site
07-20-2013 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: unc is the dirtiest program right now
"NOW!" Don't you mean for the last 15 years
07-21-2013 12:32 AM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
Comparing the North Carolina situation to the Penn State/Sandusky issues is a poor comparison.

Comparing UNC to Southern Cal (Reggie Bush, etc...) is correct. Comparing North Carolina to Ohio State (tattoos, etc...) is correct. Comparing UNC to Auburn (Cam Newton, etc...) is correct.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 06:43 AM by chess.)
07-21-2013 06:41 AM
nuftw Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Northwestern
(07-20-2013 11:58 PM)john01992 Wrote:  besides the fact they dodged a bullet on the academic scandal (should of been psu like sanctions), just served a bowl ban, and the hairston arrest......

to add to it

It's hard to beat Miami. "Old man booster buys hookers and blow for teenagers with blessing of athletic department"
07-21-2013 10:21 AM
john01992 Offline

(07-21-2013 06:41 AM)chess Wrote:  Comparing the North Carolina situation to the Penn State/Sandusky issues is a poor comparison.

Comparing UNC to Southern Cal (Reggie Bush, etc...) is correct. Comparing North Carolina to Ohio State (tattoos, etc...) is correct. Comparing UNC to Auburn (Cam Newton, etc...) is correct.

the worst academic scandal ever involving student athletes was considered a non sports issues, but psu was a sports issue

im sorry but either both were sports scandals or neither were.....
07-21-2013 11:06 AM
chess Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2013 11:06 AM)john01992 Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 06:41 AM)chess Wrote:  Comparing the North Carolina situation to the Penn State/Sandusky issues is a poor comparison.

the worst academic scandal ever involving student athletes was considered a non sports issues, but psu was a sports issue

When children get raped at UNC, have the coaches cover it up, and have an administration cover it up, I will seek common ground. UNC will not be seeking a $60 Million settlement.

North Carolina's scandal is different from Penn State's. North Carolina's is similar to SMU's scandal, or a point shaving scandal (Boston College or Northwestern), Kentucky's scandals, Miami's scandals. etc...

North Carolina's scandal is bad. UNC should be severely penalized, give up national championships (basketball players took fake classes), and have a reduction in scholarships.

UNC's scandal will not destroy multiple children's lives.
07-21-2013 11:31 AM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline

(07-21-2013 11:31 AM)chess Wrote:  

When children get raped at UNC, have the coaches cover it up, and have an administration cover it up, I will seek common ground. UNC will not be seeking a $60 Million settlement.

North Carolina's scandal is different from Penn State's. North Carolina's is similar to SMU's scandal, or a point shaving scandal (Boston College or Northwestern), Kentucky's scandals, Miami's scandals. etc...

North Carolina's scandal is bad. UNC should be severely penalized, give up national championships (basketball players took fake classes), and have a reduction in scholarships.

both schools had their presidents/ADs fired, both had massive administration failures at the highest level. both have issues going back to the 90s. im not saying that child molestation is equal to academic cheating, but the administrative failures is why these two are in the same class
07-21-2013 11:38 AM
chess Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2013 11:38 AM)john01992 Wrote:  

both schools had their presidents/ADs fired, both had massive administration failures at the highest level. both have issues going back to the 90s. im not saying that child molestation is equal to academic cheating, but the administrative failures is why these two are in the same class
UNC had players compete who, under normal circumstances, would have been ineligible to play. UNC cheated.
07-21-2013 11:41 AM
Groo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kansas
Where does the whole players plowing assistant coaches wives things fall? ala Laurie Fine. Is it just a fringe benefit?
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 01:28 PM by Groo.)
07-21-2013 01:28 PM
john01992 Offline

(07-21-2013 01:28 PM)Groo Wrote:  Where does the whole players plowing assistant coaches wives things fall? ala Laurie Fine. Is it just a fringe benefit?

im not even gonna dignify that with a response........
07-21-2013 02:07 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(07-21-2013 10:21 AM)nuftw Wrote:  
(07-20-2013 11:58 PM)john01992 Wrote:  besides the fact they dodged a bullet on the academic scandal (should of been psu like sanctions), just served a bowl ban, and the hairston arrest......

to add to it

It's hard to beat Miami. "Old man booster buys hookers and blow for teenagers with blessing of athletic department"

Off the chart correct. The NCAA s**** even though they gave UCF a pass.
07-21-2013 02:56 PM
Advertisement

samandrea Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(07-21-2013 11:41 AM)chess Wrote:  

UNC had players compete who, under normal circumstances, would have been ineligible to play. UNC cheated.

Who competed that would not be eligible that should lead to taking away national titles?
07-21-2013 03:07 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
07-21-2013 03:42 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2013 03:07 PM)samandrea Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 11:41 AM)chess Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 11:06 AM)john01992 Wrote:  the worst academic scandal ever involving student athletes was considered a non sports issues, but psu was a sports issue

Who competed that would not be eligible that should lead to taking away national titles?

North Carolina won the NCAA men's basketball championship in 2005 and 2009. If, after investigation, it is proved that UNC played players who were taking fake classes and due to the lack of credit hours would have been ineligible to participate, then UNC should have to vacate their national titles.

I think this may be why UNC is fighting so hard. Damn the football program but do not touch basketball.

Remember, Memphis had to give up their final four appearance AFTER the NCAA cleared Rose to play.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 05:43 PM by chess.)
07-21-2013 05:42 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2013 03:42 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/20/3...write.html

Just sayin...

Do you remember what Maryland did after the Len Bias death? Lefty resigned and Maryland hired Bob Wade, a high school basketball coach, to lead the program. Maryland cleaned house.

Do you remember what NC State did after Jim Valvano? The Wolfpack cleaned house, raised academic standards for athletes to the highest in the ACC, and went for a 20 year sleep. It wasn't until Sidney Lowe was hired that NCSU finally allowed their basketball program compete nationally for players.

UNC needs to follow their conference mates' histories and make changes.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 05:49 PM by chess.)
07-21-2013 05:48 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(07-21-2013 05:42 PM)chess Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 03:07 PM)samandrea Wrote:  Who competed that would not be eligible that should lead to taking away national titles?

North Carolina won the NCAA men's basketball championship in 2005 and 2009. If, after investigation, it is proved that UNC played players who were taking fake classes and due to the lack of credit hours would have been ineligible to participate, then UNC should have to vacate their national titles.

I think this may be why UNC is fighting so hard. Damn the football program but do not touch basketball.

Yup. If UNC basketball players on those title teams were eligible only because of credit they received for those no-show classes, then they were just as ineligible as Reggie Bush was.
07-21-2013 06:15 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
I think UNC and Miami are two of the worst in a long time.

Baylor did have a murder, but that was a case of a bad news player, not directly a school situation. The rest of the problems were bad, but not of the breadth and length of time of UNC and Miami. It was pretty much confined to basketball & Dave Bliss as I recall.

Penn St. was a totally different thing and can't really be directly compared.

SMU was simply paying players. No indication of fake classes or prostitutes, Craig James rumors notwithstanding.
07-21-2013 06:50 PM
FreshPrinceOfDarkness Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Texas Tech
UNC has proved it belongs in the SEC. Just a matter of time.
07-21-2013 06:56 PM
samandrea Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(07-21-2013 06:15 PM)Wedge Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 05:42 PM)chess Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 03:07 PM)samandrea Wrote:  Who competed that would not be eligible that should lead to taking away national titles?

Yup. If UNC basketball players on those title teams were eligible only because of credit they received for those no-show classes, then they were just as ineligible as Reggie Bush was.

Disagree, but I'm biased. Just like folks that were not players who took the bogus classes, they did not have to return their degrees, they are given the opportunity to make up the ones that were no show no work. So, if the classes basketball players took were no show, no work, it would be no fault of their own unless they can prove that they would have been ineligible and only took the class to remain eligible. If the class had minimal requirements, like one paper, and they did that, then they were eligible.
07-22-2013 05:17 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(07-21-2013 06:50 PM)bullet Wrote:  I think UNC and Miami are two of the worst in a long time.

Baylor did have a murder, but that was a case of a bad news player, not directly a school situation. The rest of the problems were bad, but not of the breadth and length of time of UNC and Miami. It was pretty much confined to basketball & Dave Bliss as I recall.

Penn St. was a totally different thing and can't really be directly compared.

SMU was simply paying players. No indication of fake classes or prostitutes, Craig James rumors notwithstanding.

USC has had a couple of doozies.
07-22-2013 07:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.