SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Obamacare now under seige even by House Democrats
07-18-2013 03:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Obamacare now under seige even by House Democrats
President Obama’s response was telling. He threatened to veto the bills should they come to his desk. Indeed, he threatened rather forcefully, with the White House issuing a statement of administration policy declaring the president’s intention to nix the two pieces of legislation should they come to his desk. The statement dismissively described the employer-mandate bill as “unnecessary.”

35 Democrats voting with the Republicans....better check on the sky.
07-18-2013 05:05 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
The letter to Pelosi/Reid from Hoffa and the 2 other union-leaders is just as ominous, from Obama's standpoint.
07-18-2013 06:08 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Running for the tall grass before the 14 elections. check who these 35 are and what district and how large a margin did they win last time?

Bet it would be telling. This thing is an impending disaster and most everyone who's not a mind numbed drone is beginning to see it.
07-18-2013 06:14 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
I was reading an NBC article earlier today where the some Obama supporters were still acting like this was a Republican obstruction.

"Why do republicans hate people so much?"

It's like they don't even know that even labor unions are now against this disaster.
07-18-2013 06:33 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

Democrat talking heads are so brainwashed they believe they are all anointed by
the great one to tell whatever made up things they happen to think of or are told.
07-18-2013 06:38 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
You can read that very idiocy right here. This debacle won't or doesn't work because those wascally wepublicans are more interested in seeing Empty Suit fail than "fixing health care", is the new mantra.

Good news is that most Americans aren't quite the blithering morons the leftists like to believe they are. They are simply too busy working to pay taxes for 6 months a year or feel so completely disenfranchised that they tune out for the most part. BUT, this is exactly the kind of thing that will awaken the slumbering masses. It happened pretty big in '10, '14 will see a similar result and very likely a Republican take over of the Senate as well.

ES will be the lamest of lame ducks.
07-18-2013 06:48 PM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-18-2013 06:48 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  You can read that very idiocy right here. This debacle won't or doesn't work because those wascally wepublicans are more interested in seeing Empty Suit fail than "fixing health care", is the new mantra.

Good news is that most Americans aren't quite the blithering morons the leftists like to believe they are. They are simply too busy working to pay taxes for 6 months a year or feel so completely disenfranchised that they tune out for the most part. BUT, this is exactly the kind of thing that will awaken the slumbering masses. It happened pretty big in '10, '14 will see a similar result and very likely a Republican take over of the Senate as well.

ES will be the lamest of lame ducks.

The problem is they are getting enough blithering morons to believe their mantra and win elections.

We are in the early stages of what happened to Rome.
07-18-2013 06:53 PM
GoApps70 Offline

Sometimes something is so bad it cannot really be fixed.
07-18-2013 07:00 PM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Hillary must be concerned. This will completely implode as she goes through the primaries.

If Obamacare crashes & burns in 2015/2016, it might be just enough for the Republicans to squeak out a win in 2016. The media will blame the Republicans for Obamacare's failures.
07-18-2013 09:09 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(07-18-2013 06:53 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  We are in the early stages of what happened to Rome.
Quite possible, yes. That fate can still be avoided, but it will require a degree of national unity and cohesion that Americans haven't seen since 1945. Good luck with that.

And don't misunderstand -- even if the national unity does develop and America does avoid "what happened to Rome," that doesn't mean the future isn't going to involve a lot of suffering for the average American. The dismantling of the welfare/Great Society-type infrastructure is going to be extremely painful to millions of people. I take no pleasure from it. But it is going to happen, and probably a lot sooner and faster than what even "pessimistic" people currently expect. I really believe that the last 5-6 years -- and last year's elections, especially -- represented our last chance to make the necessary changes in a gradual, piecemeal fashion. I don't think that will be possible anymore. Obama, of course, is politically invested in preventing those changes from ever happening, so the country will not even address this until 2017 (if then). The longer we wait, the more the pressure will build, and the when the time comes, the changes will be even more disruptive and chaotic than they would've been if handled at an earlier stage.

(07-18-2013 07:00 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Sometimes something is so bad it cannot really be fixed.
Quite so.

(07-18-2013 09:09 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Hillary must be concerned. This will completely implode as she goes through the primaries.
Could be. Karma does love to do things like that. But I tend to think they will somehow find a way to paper over it until '17 or so.

Quote:The media will blame the Republicans for Obamacare's failures.
With the notable and singular exception of Jimmy Carter, the media has blamed the Republicans for essentially everything it doesn't like about the country for more than 50 years. Nothing new there, and there is no reason to think it will change any time soon.
07-18-2013 09:56 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-18-2013 09:56 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(07-18-2013 06:53 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  We are in the early stages of what happened to Rome.
Quite possible, yes. That fate can still be avoided, but it will require a degree of national unity and cohesion that Americans haven't seen since 1945. Good luck with that.

And don't misunderstand -- even if the national unity does develop and America does avoid "what happened to Rome," that doesn't mean the future isn't going to involve a lot of suffering for the average American. The dismantling of the welfare/Great Society-type infrastructure is going to be extremely painful to millions of people. I take no pleasure from it. But it is going to happen, and probably a lot sooner and faster than what even "pessimistic" people currently expect. I really believe that the last 5-6 years -- and last year's elections, especially -- represented our last chance to make the necessary changes in a gradual, piecemeal fashion. I don't think that will be possible anymore. Obama, of course, is politically invested in preventing those changes from ever happening, so the country will not even address this until 2017 (if then). The longer we wait, the more the pressure will build, and the when the time comes, the changes will be even more disruptive and chaotic than they would've been if handled at an earlier stage.

(07-18-2013 07:00 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Sometimes something is so bad it cannot really be fixed.
Quite so.

(07-18-2013 09:09 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Hillary must be concerned. This will completely implode as she goes through the primaries.
Could be. Karma does love to do things like that. But I tend to think they will somehow find a way to paper over it until '17 or so.

Quote:The media will blame the Republicans for Obamacare's failures.
With the notable and singular exception of Jimmy Carter, the media has blamed the Republicans for essentially everything it doesn't like about the country for more than 50 years. Nothing new there, and there is no reason to think it will change any time soon.

POTD
07-18-2013 09:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.