Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Divisions N/S or E/W what ever, but what about hoops???
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
Football Divisions N/S or E/W what ever, but what about hoops???
I know football is played with divisions, but will the ACC play divisions as well amongst hoops or play a wide open format much like the Big East did with the top teams getting the bye come conference tournament rolls around??? Just curious for I understand the elder ACC fans like to see the round robin format where everyone plays one another, but that just isn't going to work with this amount of teams in a conference. So will they play divisions or a open format???

I am hoping for a open format where everyone plays one another at least once and then against a prime rival and then set up for TV games etc. This is pretty much what the Big East had going for them, but don't know if this is the route the ACC is going or not. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this some time soon rather than later. For football season is right around the corner, and then before you know it basketball season is here. Go Cards!!!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 12:20 PM by BigOwensboroCard.)
07-08-2013 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
MyBB RE: Football Divisions N/S or E/W what ever, but what about hoops???
There are no divisions for any sport other than football. For basketball, each team will have 2 partners they will play home & home every year. You will rotate through the rest - each year, some are home only, some are away only, some are both. So far the ACC Tournament looks exactly like the Big East Tournament, structurally.
07-08-2013 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
RE: Football Divisions N/S or E/W what ever, but what about hoops???
(07-08-2013 12:28 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  There are no divisions for any sport other than football and baseball. For basketball, each team will have 2 partners they will play home & home every year. You will rotate through the rest - each year, some are home only, some are away only, some are both. So far the ACC Tournament looks exactly like the Big East Tournament, structurally.

fify
07-08-2013 12:46 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-08-2013 12:46 PM)4x4hokies Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 12:28 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  There are no divisions for any sport other than football and baseball. For basketball, each team will have 2 partners they will play home & home every year. You will rotate through the rest - each year, some are home only, some are away only, some are both. So far the ACC Tournament looks exactly like the Big East Tournament, structurally.

fify

Thanks, I forgot about baseball.
07-08-2013 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gocards#1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
(07-08-2013 12:28 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  There are no divisions for any sport other than football. For basketball, each team will have 2 partners they will play home & home every year. You will rotate through the rest - each year, some are home only, some are away only, some are both. So far the ACC Tournament looks exactly like the Big East Tournament, structurally.

What are Maryland's partners in basketball? I assume Louisville will slide into their position like in football.
07-08-2013 08:36 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(07-08-2013 08:36 PM)gocards#1 Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 12:28 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  There are no divisions for any sport other than football. For basketball, each team will have 2 partners they will play home & home every year. You will rotate through the rest - each year, some are home only, some are away only, some are both. So far the ACC Tournament looks exactly like the Big East Tournament, structurally.

What are Maryland's partners in basketball? I assume Louisville will slide into their position like in football.

Pitt was one of their partners.
07-08-2013 08:57 PM
MKPitt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
(07-08-2013 12:18 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  I know football is played with divisions, but will the ACC play divisions as well amongst hoops or play a wide open format much like the Big East did with the top teams getting the bye come conference tournament rolls around??? Just curious for I understand the elder ACC fans like to see the round robin format where everyone plays one another, but that just isn't going to work with this amount of teams in a conference. So will they play divisions or a open format???

I am hoping for a open format where everyone plays one another at least once and then against a prime rival and then set up for TV games etc. This is pretty much what the Big East had going for them, but don't know if this is the route the ACC is going or not. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this some time soon rather than later. For football season is right around the corner, and then before you know it basketball season is here. Go Cards!!!

Louisville's partners right now will be Pitt and Virginia. I'm happy that Pitt and Louisville will play home and home, don't know if they will shift it though because Louisville/Virginia is not really a great rivalry for basketball.

Really happy with Pitt having Syracuse and Louisville. That's exactly who I want them to play home and home.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 09:00 PM by MKPitt.)
07-08-2013 08:59 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I can see swapping out Virginia for 'Cuse or ND. That would keep great series going for Fans and TV.
07-09-2013 08:07 AM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(07-09-2013 08:07 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  I can see swapping out Virginia for 'Cuse or ND. That would keep great series going for Fans and TV.

I can't. ND probably got first choice of opponents and have BC and GT as permanent partners. Cuse has Pitt and BC and I doubt they want to change that.
07-10-2013 01:30 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-10-2013 01:30 AM)ChrisLords Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 08:07 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  I can see swapping out Virginia for 'Cuse or ND. That would keep great series going for Fans and TV.

I can't. ND probably got first choice of opponents and have BC and GT as permanent partners. Cuse has Pitt and BC and I doubt they want to change that.

I also got the impression that the Wahoos WANT to play Louisville in basketball. They still see themselves as a hoops contender. HOO KNEW?
07-10-2013 04:26 AM
Advertisement

Fburghokie Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Va tech
Acc agreed each sport can be scheduled either by division or not of course if Division play all schools must participate . However if the sport plays division it will be same division setup as football. Acc division set up is locked in stone. There are too many interrelated decisions that would have to be made .no ad wants to change...even gt and fsu who had some initial concerns changed their mind .it simply is not changing card partners .while its not public most acc games are tentatively scheduled by date so hotels can be booked . You need long lead time for booking 50 plus rooms with meeting space for exame
07-10-2013 07:03 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-10-2013 07:03 AM)Fburghokie Wrote:  Acc agreed each sport can be scheduled either by division or not of course if Division play all schools must participate . However if the sport plays division it will be same division setup as football. Acc division set up is locked in stone. There are too many interrelated decisions that would have to be made .no ad wants to change...even gt and fsu who had some initial concerns changed their mind .it simply is not changing card partners .while its not public most acc games are tentatively scheduled by date so hotels can be booked . You need long lead time for booking 50 plus rooms with meeting space for exame

In other words

"This is the way we've always done it."
07-10-2013 08:20 AM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Definitely no reasons for divisions in basketball. You already of the conference tournaments with everyone involved and that doesn't improve because of divisions (if anything, it feels more awkward). For the regular season, the regular season title means a lot more than a divisional one would, therefore it would probably hurt regular season interest if divisional titles were put in place.
07-10-2013 09:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.