Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mostly OT: Traveling to MTSU games might be an issue?
Bookmark and Share
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
Mostly OT: Traveling to MTSU games might be an issue?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9e3_1373034153

This one made me go wow. HBG is a nazi state when it comes to HPD. 1.5 yrs ago, I got arrested for possession of a stolen firearm that I had borrowed from a friend (mine was stolen and couldn't afford to replace at the time...he had no clue the guy he bought it from received a stolen gun). To get pulled over, I was profiled due to my truck having work equipment in the bed and was out getting smokes at 10:00 pm (you know, crossing that ubiquitous yellow line reasoning).

I told the officer I had a loaded 9 in the side pouch. When he ran the serial, it came back stolen in MEM 11 years ago. I tried to point out that I hardly look like a gun runner or criminal, was not drinking, and was a 9-iron away from the house. Was the day before veterans day....that means no bonding out until Monday. Spent 14 hours on the 4th floor (yeah, bonded out on VDay....was fortunate enough to grow up here and knew a judge)...watched a guy get shanked and was given the moniker "ole skool"..."hey man, don't be fkn' wit ole skool....ole skools alright"

Grand jury came back with a no bill....still cost me 3.2k.

It's very disheartening to see videos like this.

For future reference new members....mind your P's and Q's when in the 'burg or the 'buro. Unfortunately, that might not be enough.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 04:33 PM by stinkfist.)
07-06-2013 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
RE: Mostly OT: Traveling to MTSU games might be an issue?
(07-06-2013 04:32 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9e3_1373034153

This one made me go wow. HBG is a nazi state when it comes to HPD. 1.5 yrs ago, I got arrested for possession of a stolen firearm that I had borrowed from a friend (mine was stolen and couldn't afford to replace at the time...he had no clue the guy he bought it from received a stolen gun). To get pulled over, I was profiled due to my truck having work equipment in the bed and was out getting smokes at 10:00 pm (you know, crossing that ubiquitous yellow line reasoning).

I told the officer I had a loaded 9 in the side pouch. When he ran the serial, it came back stolen in MEM 11 years ago. I tried to point out that I hardly look like a gun runner or criminal, was not drinking, and was a 9-iron away from the house. Was the day before veterans day....that means no bonding out until Monday. Spent 14 hours on the 4th floor (yeah, bonded out on VDay....was fortunate enough to grow up here and knew a judge)...watched a guy get shanked and was given the moniker "ole skool"..."hey man, don't be fkn' wit ole skool....ole skools alright"

For future reference new members....mind your P's and Q's when in the 'burg or the 'buro. Unfortunately, that might not be enough.

Over the years, driving through the city, for many years with an out of state plate and DL, and only been stopped a couple of times (taillight or headlight out - that kind of thing) and never had any problems nor a ticket written. Now there are other towns in the county I'd steer clear of, Smyrna and LaVergne, as the police seem to be more out for stopping and writing up drivers for the least little violation.
07-06-2013 04:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(07-06-2013 04:32 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9e3_1373034153

no one's fault but their own...have your p's and q's straight, no worries...
07-06-2013 05:31 PM
stinkfist Offline

(07-06-2013 05:31 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  

no one's fault but their own...have your p's and q's straight, no worries...

I will admit to being naive to borrowing a gun w/o running the serial (the guy I borrowed it from is as solid as they come...never gave it a thought b/c of that), but the overall point is both incidents cost money and humility for no reason other than the officers are poorly trained and have a lack of common sense approach. Kid's car got scratched...do you think he was reimbursed? It cost me major dollars and 14 hours of hell....do you think I was?

Enjoy the bendover tactics....I won't....
07-06-2013 06:02 PM
GoGold Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Never had a problem with HPD, been living in the burg for over 20 years. Stolen hand gun...serious issue. Wonder how many times they catch one and get told it belongs to someone else? Just sayin...

Petal PD...that is another story.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 06:06 PM by GoGold.)
07-06-2013 06:05 PM
GoGold Offline
All American

(07-06-2013 06:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I will admit to being naive to borrowing a gun w/o running the serial

Naive??? Downright stupid.

(07-06-2013 06:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  Enjoy the bendover tactics....I won't....

Don't blame the PD for doing their jobs.
07-06-2013 06:09 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(07-06-2013 06:05 PM)GoGold Wrote:  Never had a problem with HPD, been living in the burg for over 20 years. Stolen hand gun...serious issue. Wonder how many times they catch one and get told it belongs to someone else? Just sayin...

Petal has actually stopped (their ss tactics...mostly anyway).

...stolen 11 years ago...yeah, someone would carry a gun they stole 11 years in their vehicle and tell them they had it....really?

Even the sheriff's dept. (as I was being released) asked if they were young officers.....told me an experienced officer should have been able to read between the lines.

Naive or as you call it "stupid"....doesn't change the scenario of how it was handled. Nor does it change the stupid look on the officers' face when they realized that everything was being recorded (from the video link).

That's not doing a very good job IMO.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 06:23 PM by stinkfist.)
07-06-2013 06:22 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(07-06-2013 06:22 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 06:05 PM)GoGold Wrote:  Never had a problem with HPD, been living in the burg for over 20 years. Stolen hand gun...serious issue. Wonder how many times they catch one and get told it belongs to someone else? Just sayin...

...stolen 11 years ago...yeah, someone would carry a gun they stole 11 years in their vehicle and tell them they had it....really?

Even the sheriff's dept. (as I was being released) asked if they were young officers.....told me an experienced officer should have been able to read between the lines.

Naive or as you call it "stupid"....doesn't change the scenario of how it was handled. Nor does it change the stupid look on the officers' face when they realized that everything was being recorded (from the video link).

you had a stolen gun and you blame the cops? its not the fault of the police that you are an idiot and were breaking the law
07-06-2013 06:28 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
ahhh america...where it's always someone else's fault...
07-06-2013 06:49 PM
stinkfist Offline

(07-06-2013 06:28 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

you had a stolen gun and you blame the cops? its not the fault of the police that you are an idiot and were breaking the law

lol....omfg...****** did you whiff on the point....time to hit the gb on this post...."breaking the fk'n law?"

have a nice day officer 03-razz
07-06-2013 07:12 PM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

(07-06-2013 07:12 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 06:28 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

lol....omfg...****** did you whiff on the point....time to hit the gb on this post...."breaking the fk'n law?"

have a nice day officer 03-razz

The guy who posted the video has a legit complaint, There is a reason no one is coming to your defense on the gun charge. They check for stolen guns for a reason and everyone caught with anything illegal says it isn't theirs. And yes, if you stole a gun because you just liked it and wanted it (not for a onetime shooting) then you could have still had it.
07-06-2013 07:53 PM
Advertisement

Gridiron Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: the underdog
The head of the MHP was on a radio call in show a couple of years ago and he stated that unless you are being pulled over for a crime or have a weapon pointed at an officer then it's none of their business how many firearms you have in your vehicle.
07-06-2013 10:07 PM
stinkfist Offline

(07-06-2013 10:07 PM)Gridiron Wrote:  The head of the MHP was on a radio call in show a couple of years ago and he stated that unless you are being pulled over for a crime or have a weapon pointed at an officer then it's none of their business how many firearms you have in your vehicle.

holy crap... a voice of reason

unfortunately, my situation was different....is funny.to read some of the responses that had nothing to do with the overall point of the post...which was....drumroll for the obvious....knowing ur rights vs not being knowledgeable is critical and I used my situation as an example of ignorance.....one that may help others as dumb as myself ....the post was only to enlighten those as ignorant as me.. my mistake on both counts....fkn people....geez....i could care less about sympathy....but I dont....does that qualify as nazi internet police word pet peeve being grammatically correct?

edit: maybe you were saying I shouldn't have volunteered the info....any way you look at it, I screwed up
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 11:42 PM by stinkfist.)
07-06-2013 10:33 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(07-06-2013 10:33 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 10:07 PM)Gridiron Wrote:  The head of the MHP was on a radio call in show a couple of years ago and he stated that unless you are being pulled over for a crime or have a weapon pointed at an officer then it's none of their business how many firearms you have in your vehicle.

holy crap... a voice of reason

unfortunately, my situation was different....is funny.to read some of the responses that had nothing to do with the overall point of the post...which was....drumroll for the obvious....knowing ur rights vs not being knowledgeable is critical and I used my situation as an example of ignorance.....one that may help others as dumb as myself ....the post was only to enlighten those as ignorant as me.. my mistake on both counts....fkn people....geez....i could care less about sympathy....but I dont....does that qualify as nazi internet police word pet peeve being grammatically correct?

edit: maybe you were saying I shouldn't have volunteered the info....any way you look at it, I screwed up

your the one missing the point. once they found out you had a stolen gun their job is to arrest you. possession of stolen property is a crime.
07-07-2013 06:16 AM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

I lived in and around Hattiesburg for over half a century so I have seen how things work in it. I remember when going to USM we had the exit off the interstate that went on to Hardy was a trap to catch USM Students and gain the extra funds for the town. I also remember going to Hattiesburg from Columbia and because I was young it was almost a sure bet 1 in every 5 trips I would be stopped and searched for boozes around Oak Grove since Lamar was and is a dry county. Of course being young I had to be stopped since they thought young people were running wild. I imagine Starkville and Oxford do the same stuff since being so poor Mississippi has to find income somewhere and stay repressive and backwards.
07-07-2013 01:32 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(07-07-2013 01:32 PM)SgtGoldenEagle Wrote:  I lived in and around Hattiesburg for over half a century so I have seen how things work in it. I remember when going to USM we had the exit off the interstate that went on to Hardy was a trap to catch USM Students and gain the extra funds for the town. I also remember going to Hattiesburg from Columbia and because I was young it was almost a sure bet 1 in every 5 trips I would be stopped and searched for boozes around Oak Grove since Lamar was and is a dry county. Of course being young I had to be stopped since they thought young people were running wild. I imagine Starkville and Oxford do the same stuff since being so poor Mississippi has to find income somewhere and stay repressive and backwards.

I grew up in Memphis, a stone's throw from the Mississippi state line. As you know back in the mid-sixties Mississippi was a dry state except for beer.

What that meant in practice was that hard liquor was freely available for purchase as long as the bootlegger paid off the sheriff. Teenagers from Memphis would routinely drive the 5 minutes south to get anything they wanted at the "liquor stores". Best of all, since it was just as "illegal" to sell to a 60 yr. old as a 16 yr. old, there was no age requirement, no carding, nothing. And gambling flourished in DeSoto county.

And the Gulf Coast was even more wide open.

As I recall, the bottles even had a Mississippi state liquor tax label on them, lol.
07-07-2013 04:06 PM
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC

Lesson learned, don't do anything stupid anymore... SMH
07-08-2013 01:08 AM
RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle
My wife and I, both MT alums, used to joke that Murfreesboro had 2 cops for every resident.

Nonetheless, neither I nor anyone I know had any problems there.
07-08-2013 06:44 AM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

(07-06-2013 06:05 PM)GoGold Wrote:  Petal PD...that is another story.

LOL, can't tell you how many times I've told someone I'm from Petal and the first reaction I get are wide eyes and a shaking head saying, "I stay away from Petal, the POlease there will stop you for anything."

Knock on wood, I've lived in Petal for 24 years and have been pulled over once.

There isn't much crime in Petal, so PPD has to go out and find it usually.

I did get pulled over by HPD in downtown back in like 08 for loud music and wound up having my truck searched. I had a crumpled up lint roller paper in my floorboard and the officer picked it up, smelled it, and looked at me all crazy eyed asking "what the hell is this" and I just started laughing and told him I had a dog that couldn't keep his hair on his body.
07-08-2013 06:51 AM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

(07-08-2013 01:08 AM)GreenBison Wrote:  

Lesson learned, don't do anything stupid anymore... SMH

Can you point out the "stupid" thing he did in the first place?
07-08-2013 06:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.