Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Early look at Week 1 football match-ups
Bookmark and Share
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Early look at Week 1 football match-ups
Granted several thread will be created between now and then but wanted to throw it out since we know the only way to get respect is by winning:

Thursday:
Middle Tennessee host Western Carolina
Tulane host Jackson St
Tulsa at Bowling Green

Friday:
FAU at Miami (FL)

Saturday:
ECU host ODU
FIU at Maryland
La Tech at NC State
Marshall host Miami (OH)
North Texas host Idaho
Rice at Texas A&M
USM host Texas St
UAB at Troy
UTSA at New Mexico
UTEP has a bye week

13 games with 6 home games and 7 road games (ODU is not a C-USA football member this year). With ECU, Tulane, an Tulsa in their farewell year it's a catch-22 IMO. I want them to win to make C-USA look good but at the same time if they lose I won't be disappointed (ie...if ODU beats ECU I would be fine with that). C-USA needs Tulsa, Middle Tennessee, Marshall, Tulane, North Texas, USM, and UAB to all win. With UTSA being still new I think a loss won't look as bad but a win could go a long way. FAU, FIU, La Tech, and Rice wins would be huge but at the same time they have bigger reward/smaller risk as many/most outside their fanbases probably give them no chance of winning their game. I am projecting a 7-6 weekend but would love to have a 9-4 or better weekend. Good luck to all C-USA teams
07-04-2013 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Early look at Week 1 football match-ups
should we root for ECU or ODU in that game? ECU is a CUSA member this year, but ODU is the future
07-04-2013 11:51 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(07-04-2013 11:06 AM)usm99 Wrote:  Granted several thread will be created between now and then but wanted to throw it out since we know the only way to get respect is by winning:

Thursday:
Tulane host Jackson St
Tulsa at Bowling Green

Friday:
FAU at Miami (FL)

Saturday:
ECU host ODU
FIU at Maryland
La Tech at NC State
Marshall host Miami (OH)
North Texas host Idaho
Rice at Texas A&M
USM host Texas St
UAB at Troy
UTSA at New Mexico
UTEP has a bye week

13 games with 6 home games and 7 road games (ODU is not a C-USA football member this year). With ECU, Tulane, an Tulsa in their farewell year it's a catch-22 IMO. I want them to win to make C-USA look good but at the same time if they lose I won't be disappointed (ie...if ODU beats ECU I would be fine with that). C-USA needs Tulsa, Middle Tennessee, Marshall, Tulane, North Texas, USM, and UAB to all win. With UTSA being still new I think a loss won't look as bad but a win could go a long way. FAU, FIU, La Tech, and Rice wins would be huge but at the same time they have bigger reward/smaller risk as many/most outside their fanbases probably give them no chance of winning their game. I am projecting a 7-6 weekend but would love to have a 9-4 or better weekend. Good luck to all C-USA teams

Speaking on behalf of UTSA, I think our game with New Mexico can go either way. Our team was mostly freshmen and sophomores last year, and our downfall was our secondary. Poor coverage = owned through the air. Recruited a group of defensive backs during the off-season though and hired a new DB coach, so we'll see where the chips fall this year. Good luck to all of us. Represent!
07-04-2013 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gs_pirate Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: east carolina
(07-04-2013 11:51 AM)techdawg88 Wrote:  should we root for ECU or ODU in that game? ECU is a CUSA member this year, but ODU is the future

That easy. Pull for ECU.

Good Luck with The Wolfpuppies. Hard to tell how they are going to be. They are under a new coach and taff, and breaking in a completely inexperienced QB. Also think they lost a couple of their top defensive performers. Then again you have a new coach, but he is quite familiar with State.
07-04-2013 12:06 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(07-04-2013 11:51 AM)techdawg88 Wrote:  should we root for ECU or ODU in that game? ECU is a CUSA member this year, but ODU is the future

Root for both. ECU is with us in '13 and ODU is an incoming conference mate. Games by both will reflect on the conference.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 12:27 PM by MG61.)
07-04-2013 12:26 PM
Whiteboard3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-04-2013 11:06 AM)usm99 Wrote:  Granted several thread will be created between now and then but wanted to throw it out since we know the only way to get respect is by winning:

Thursday:
Tulane host Jackson St
Tulsa at Bowling Green

Friday:
FAU at Miami (FL)

Saturday:
ECU host ODU
FIU at Maryland
La Tech at NC State
Marshall host Miami (OH)
North Texas host Idaho
Rice at Texas A&M
USM host Texas St
UAB at Troy
UTSA at New Mexico
UTEP has a bye week

you forgot one
07-04-2013 12:41 PM
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
The Troy - UAB could definitely go either way. We need that one because the next 2 games are against $EC teams.

There are arguments either way. Suppose ECU slips up but then goes on to win the conference. Do we want our champ to have lost to a transitional school?

I'll probably be rooting for the Monarchs but they will need ECU to make several mistakes to keep it close.
07-04-2013 01:03 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(07-04-2013 01:03 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  The Troy - UAB could definitely go either way. We need that one because the next 2 games are against $EC teams.

There are arguments either way. Suppose ECU slips up but then goes on to win the conference. Do we want our champ to have lost to a transitional school?

I'll probably be rooting for the Monarchs but they will need ECU to make several mistakes to keep it close.

In OC games I'll root for ECU. In conference games, no way. Personally I'd like to see them go 3-1 in OC games (lose to ODU 03-nutkick ) and 0-8 in conference games.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 01:22 PM by MG61.)
07-04-2013 01:20 PM
PirateHeist Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(07-04-2013 01:20 PM)MG61 Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 01:03 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  The Troy - UAB could definitely go either way. We need that one because the next 2 games are against $EC teams.

In OC games I'll root for ECU. In conference games, no way. Personally I'd like to see them go 3-1 in OC games (lose to ODU 03-nutkick ) and 0-8 in conference games.

Don't hold your breath... 05-nono
07-04-2013 01:28 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(07-04-2013 01:28 PM)PirateHeist Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 01:20 PM)MG61 Wrote:  

Don't hold your breath... 05-nono

Believe me, I won't04-bow
07-04-2013 01:38 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
To me it's an easy choice, you pull for ODU. Would show we made an upgrade.
07-04-2013 01:45 PM
Advertisement

usm99 Offline
Heisman

(07-04-2013 01:45 PM)banker Wrote:  To me it's an easy choice, you pull for ODU. Would show we made an upgrade.

To a degree that's why I would like to see ECU, Tulsa, and Tulane lose as many C-USA games as possible this year. If they get 6 wins it helps CUSA fill all our bowl slots and puts a couple hundred $$$ in our pockets on their way out
07-04-2013 01:54 PM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

(07-04-2013 12:26 PM)MG61 Wrote:  

Root for both. ECU is with us in '13 and ODU is an incoming conference mate. Games by both will reflect on the conference.

Triple OT win by ECU. C-USA gets the win and OD looks good for the future :) Who does ECU play the next week?
07-04-2013 02:48 PM
gs_pirate Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: east carolina
FAU on Thursday the. Vatech the next week
07-04-2013 06:42 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU

By not recovering any of our 7 onside kick attempts. 04-cheers
07-04-2013 07:10 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I agree with the 7-6 call, but there are several swing games that look like they could go either way. I think week one will have to be considered a success for the conference if it goes 7-6 or better.

Now to the critical question. I think everyone in the conference should be pulling for ODU all season long, including week one (Pirates excepted on the week one of course). But then, I just might be a tad prejudiced.

There is huge anticipation from Monarchs fans going into this first game of 2013. Should ODU win this game? By all rights, no. Might ODU win this game? We ODU fans believe that is much more of a possibility than the Pirates fans believe. Could the Pirates blow the Monarchs right out of the stadium. We don't think so, and Lord, we hope not.

As I said. There is a ton of anticipation, but we won't have a good feel for exactly how steep this FBS hill is until this game is over. Here's hoping the drive home on Sunday morning, September 1 is a happy one!

04-cheers
07-04-2013 07:28 PM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
Could we start adding what networks are carrying these games in these threads?
07-04-2013 07:38 PM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU & VT
With current ACC and Big 10 bound Maryland coming up the following week, it would be easy for our players to look past ECU. That would probably be the excuse if we lose to the Pirates.
07-04-2013 07:44 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(07-04-2013 07:44 PM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  With current ACC and Big 10 bound Maryland coming up the following week, it would be easy for our players to look past ECU. That would probably be the excuse if we lose to the Pirates.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
07-04-2013 07:58 PM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU & VT
(07-04-2013 07:58 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 07:44 PM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  With current ACC and Big 10 bound Maryland coming up the following week, it would be easy for our players to look past ECU. That would probably be the excuse if we lose to the Pirates.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

lol, just kidding. When our players enter your stadium, they will have all the respect in the world for the Pirates. Coach Wilder will make sure of that.
07-04-2013 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.