Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VHSCA All-Star games
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
VHSCA All-Star games
they start next week on the Peninsula. Of course, Men's hoops doesn't have anyone on the basketball teams considering their international recruiting class. However, there are at least 3 on the football rosters... Khalid Abdullah RB, Cody Hendrickson DT, and Nic Moyers OL.
I've already seen Abdullah play, but I will try to get to the game next Friday and provide a report on Hendrickson and Moyers.

Does anyone know of potential preferred walk-ons that I can keep an eye on?
07-04-2013 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Re: VHSCA All-Star games
Looks lovely like 4 JMU kids are playing tonight. Due to the weather, this is the lowest turnout I've ever seen at the state all-star game.
07-12-2013 06:02 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
VHSCA All-Star games
Where is it? Darling?
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 07:53 PM by HyperDuke.)
07-12-2013 07:52 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: VHSCA All-Star games
(07-12-2013 07:52 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Where is it? Darling?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sco_eBvXGTQ
07-12-2013 08:22 PM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Re: VHSCA All-Star games
Yep, Darling stadium. This is the last year in Hampton. All star games move to Lynchburg for the next 3 years
07-12-2013 08:38 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
(07-12-2013 08:38 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Yep, Darling stadium. This is the last year in Hampton. All star games move to Lynchburg for the next 3 years

How did the Schiele kid look at QB?
07-12-2013 10:06 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

(07-12-2013 10:06 PM)jmutoml757 Wrote:  How did the Schiele kid look at QB?

Here is the recap
JMU actually had 6 players in the game, but 3 of them will be walk-ons. I will start with the scholarship players.
1- RB Khalid Abdullah - I've seen him a couple of times and JMU fans will like him. He is a patient and shifty runner who will do well in JMU's zone blocking scheme. He is a solid 195lbs now and should be playing over 200lbs after JMU's strength and conditioning.
2- DT Cody Hendrickson - big frame with plenty of room to put on more muscle. He played some at DE tonight, but he will clearly be a DT at JMU and is already 6'4" 260 with decent athleticism. Playmakers at DT are hard to come by and this kid should develop into one after JMU's strength and conditioning.
3- OL Nic Moyers - played at OT tonight, but his feet aren't good enough to be there in college. He will have to play at Guard or Center and should be good enough there as he has a wrestling background as well. He went head to head with Hendrickson a few times tonight with neither getting an obvious edge. He has some baby fat that he needs to trade for muscle on his 6'4" 290 lb body.
4- K John Steibel - not bad for a high school kicker, but nothing there to think he will compete for playing time immediately as a walk-on. Kickoffs were average and some extra points were low knucklers. Maybe a couple of years will elevate his skill level.
5- QB Dan Schiele - big kid at 6'5" 225 but not terribly athletic. Has a wind up throwing motion and feet that are below average for a QB. I wouldn't be surprised if he converts to another position after giving his best shot at QB. I don't think he has the talent to play QB at JMU and Mickey has found homes for many former QB's on his roster as TE, OL, DL, RB, CB. Super smart kid though based on his resume.
6- Jevontae Parrish CB - he played all night at QB for the West, but he will be a corner in college. He is 5'10" and has super quick feet. He has the ability to become a scholarship player in the future if he puts in the work.

There were some Hokies, Wahoos, Monarchs, & Tribe signees on the field, but none stood out. Many of the best state recruits sit out this game to avoid injury or they are already enrolled in college and cannot compete in the VHSCA game.
07-12-2013 10:34 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(07-12-2013 07:52 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Where is it? Darling?

Hampton. and don't call me darling.
07-13-2013 02:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.