06-26-2013 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

paintedblue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: HN's article on the new C-USA
(06-26-2013 11:00 PM)MUTeke Wrote:  Through Green Glasses: The New C-USA

It's nice to read opinions from some of the various fans of the new members. Thanks.
06-26-2013 11:22 PM
backrow Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Monarchs!
(06-26-2013 11:00 PM)MUTeke Wrote:  Through Green Glasses: The New C-USA

MUTeke, not only is that a great read on the new schools, but a great barometer on how the schools/fans really feel about sports/rivalries/history/ and themselves. Two schools stand out only because of their location and not much else. I am excited about O D U's inclusion into C-USA, and I am so looking forward to our rivalries, games, interplay, and the stability of strong conference mates. This move to C-USA is truly like a breath of fresh air to our fans, teams, and institution. We also feel that this has grown our foot-print and made us more than simply regional. We know that bringing back Football was a great move, and we really feel we have moved to the big time! I really appreciate your sharing this. Once again, great read!
06-27-2013 06:29 AM
MUTeke Offline
All American

I Root For:
HN's article on the new C-USA
I fear with ODU that C-USA has let the fox into the henhouse. I don't think it will take long for the Monarchs to be competing for conference championships in multiple sports.

My advice to Monarch fans is to keep buying tickets, travel strong to closer away games, buy all of your bowl game ticket allotments when the team is invited to play and embrace your new place on a national stage. All this FCS business ends on Monday. Whether or not you guys realize it yet or not, C-USA needs you guys to be a player from day 1.
06-27-2013 07:51 AM
MUTeke Offline
All American

I Root For:
Browsing back over the article several said they were just happy to be here. I hope you guys aren't just happy to be here and begin with the mindset to make some noise from the get go.
06-27-2013 07:54 AM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(06-27-2013 07:54 AM)MUTeke Wrote:  Browsing back over the article several said they were just happy to be here. I hope you guys aren't just happy to be here and begin with the mindset to make some noise from the get go.

Thanks for the kind words and I feel like most of us are happy to be here and extremely aware we're now playing with the big boys. We're also here with a chip on our shoulders. We're here to make a statement. I can't wait to travel to Marshall, Charlotte, and any game I can feasibly make it to. After the several years of "you won't compete" and then the taste of a possible Final 4 run and the oh so close we've come in basketball in the last few years to the sudden shake up and 5-25 season we want to bounce back, and bounce back hard. We're a fanbase accustomed to being a top 3 conference team yearly and that's what we will continue to expect.

Thanks for having us and good luck to all!
06-27-2013 07:59 AM
MUTeke Offline
All American

I Root For:
I'm looking forward to the Monarchs coming to Huntington. Looking forward to making the trip down there as well.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 08:06 AM by MUTeke.)
06-27-2013 08:05 AM
ODUBleedBlue2010 Offline
Water Engineer

(06-27-2013 08:05 AM)MUTeke Wrote:  I'm looking forward to the Monarchs coming to Huntington. Looking forward to making the trip down there as well.

What...a classy opposing fan?! We definitely didnt have this in the CAA! We look forward to hosting you.
06-27-2013 08:24 AM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

MUTeke,

Thanks for sharing. We are happy to be here, hoping for the best, and ready to get it on. I am glad that the 2013 seasons are just around the corner, but I get really excited thinking about 2014 when we compete in football. Good luck to you guys this year (well, in football anyway)!

04-cheers
06-27-2013 08:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.