Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who has more upside Appalachian State or Texas State
10miners Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTEP
Who has more upside Appalachian State or Texas State
I think App State and texas state will dominate the sun belt in football . Those 2 schools are ust ready to blow up. Both of them are in good recruiting locations and Texas St is already beating utep for some recruits in football.Now that they are D1 ,they should get some quality players I think.

I don't know much about App State . All I know is they had that upset against Michigan which put them on the map. Maybe some of the fans from that area could shed some light on them. Do you think they will affect your recruiting??
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 01:30 AM by 10miners.)
06-26-2013 01:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
RE: Who has more upside Appalachian State or Texas State
App St has been on the map for a lot longer than the Michigan win. Anyone who has followed 1-AA at all knows who they are and knows it well.

Appy St has the bigger appeal in the here and now, but I'd have to give the upside debate to Texas State. Appy is secluded and has limited growth potential and Texas State is in, well, Texas. I would think of it as Appy being a solid oak tree in a field and Texas State being a bunch of saplings that have the potential to grow into a massive forest.
06-26-2013 04:14 AM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Texas St.
06-26-2013 06:32 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
(06-26-2013 01:28 AM)10miners Wrote:  I think App State and texas state will dominate the sun belt in football .

I don't.
06-26-2013 07:08 AM
THE TERMINATOR Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
As long as Arky state, ULALA and Troy are in the belt they won't dominate. There is another program joining the Belt that will have an impact as well as Tx. State and Appy State and that would be Georgia Southern.
06-26-2013 07:47 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Why is there an interest in who will or won't do well in the Sun Belt ?
06-26-2013 07:48 AM
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
They will both develop in to fine Sun Belt programs.
06-26-2013 07:48 AM
AtlantaEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The Sunbelt's going to be interesting to watch.
06-26-2013 08:19 AM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
(06-26-2013 07:48 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Why is there an interest in who will or won't do well in the Sun Belt ?

just wondering who is going to pass north Texas state on by first [Image: 6gears.gif][Image: 6gears.gif]
06-26-2013 08:30 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Struggles at first but they both will be fine.

Why is this on the CUSA board?
06-26-2013 08:31 AM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

I Root For: .ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
I really don't care.
06-26-2013 08:38 AM
Advertisement

WeatherfordMeanGreen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(06-26-2013 07:08 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 01:28 AM)10miners Wrote:  I think App State and texas state will dominate the sun belt in football .

I don't.

I think ULaLa and Arkansas State will continue to dominate the Sun Belt as they have for awhile now. North Texas actually did the league's first 4 years only last decade but according to some on this board that is considered ancient history, especially when it concerns North Texas! LOL!

HINT: We are fixin' to to start creating some up to date history soon and some of you on this board who know what our new variables are now in MG Country, ie, our 2'nd to none location in an area of about 8 million population, top shelf athletic venues across the board which include a LEEDS Platinum certified college football stadium that even one SEC school official a few weeks ago after a recent tour bragged about, and its just damn time for our winning cycle to come back again as some other schools begin their losing cycles). Don't forget that SMU came into CUSA with almost a 20 football season losing streak and most would agree they turned their ship around. It just sorta' happens that way in the NCAA if you will check its history.

Addendum: Hey! We know UNT is not the only new or veteran CUSA school with great venues, terrific upside and a brighter than hell future, its just we Texans are known to brag a bit at times about things when its really not even necessary. If we don't do the bragging part periodically, you do know we are susceptible to losing our Texas national citizenship, right?04-jawdrop

And pleeeezzzzzz............don't encourage the TSU-Aquarena Springs Wuss'Cats getting on the CUSA board to discuss their humongous 2 year history and legacy at he NCAA FBS level and as a future mighty force; that is, if they can escape being located in the giant shadows of UT-Austin and UTSA which I don't think they have in the past and will not in the future no matter who their coach is.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 09:01 AM by WeatherfordMeanGreen.)
06-26-2013 08:40 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(06-26-2013 08:30 AM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 07:48 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Why is there an interest in who will or won't do well in the Sun Belt ?

just wondering who is going to pass north Texas state on by first [Image: 6gears.gif][Image: 6gears.gif]

You sir are an obsessed idiot05-nono
06-26-2013 08:53 AM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

(06-26-2013 08:40 AM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  

I don't.

I think ULaLa and Arkansas State will continue to dominate the Sun Belt as they have for awhile now. North Texas actually did the league's first 4 years only last decade but according to some on this board that is considered ancient history, especially when it concerns North Texas! LOL!

HINT: We are fixin' to to start creating some up to date history soon and some of you on this board who know what our new variables now are in MG Country, ie, our 2'nd to none location, a stadium that even one SEC school is bragging about after a recent tour, and its just damn time for our winning cycle to come back again as some begin their losing cycles). Don't forget that SMU came into CUSA with almost a 20 football season losing streak and most would agree they turned their ship around.

And pleeeezzzzzz............don't encourage the TSU-Aquarena Springs Wuss'Cats getting on the CUSA board to discuss their humongous 2 year history and legacy as an NCAA FBS force.03-lmfao

well their "legacy" is that they have just as many wins last season over D1-A teams as north Texas state has over D1-A teams in their 18th season back in D1-A and Texas State has a win over Houston last year that then stomped north Texas state

Texas state was also able to actually have standing room only sold in their stadium for the first game ever as a D1-A program VS north Texas state that still has not sold out their new stadium in 2 season even with the two ponds and a bridge now in place

Texas state is also able to get 6 home games a season so far in D1-A while north Texas state still rolls with the 5 home games some seasons method of scheduling

Texas State has an equal athletics budget to north Texas state in their second season on D1-A vs the 18th season back in D1-A

and Texas State has recruited better so far as well for their time in D1-A vs north Texas state

so watch for it [Image: 6gears.gif]
06-26-2013 08:55 AM
Special Teams

(06-26-2013 08:55 AM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  

I don't.

HINT: We are fixin' to to start creating some up to date history soon and some of you on this board who know what our new variables now are in MG Country, ie, our 2'nd to none location, a stadium that even one SEC school is bragging about after a recent tour, and its just damn time for our winning cycle to come back again as some begin their losing cycles). Don't forget that SMU came into CUSA with almost a 20 football season losing streak and most would agree they turned their ship around.

And pleeeezzzzzz............don't encourage the TSU-Aquarena Springs Wuss'Cats getting on the CUSA board to discuss their humongous 2 year history and legacy as an NCAA FBS force.03-lmfao

well their "legacy" is that they have just as many wins last season over D1-A teams as north Texas state has over D1-A teams in their 18th season back in D1-A and Texas State has a win over Houston last year that then stomped north Texas state

Texas state was also able to actually have standing room only sold in their stadium for the first game ever as a D1-A program VS north Texas state that still has not sold out their new stadium in 2 season even with the two ponds and a bridge now in place

Texas state is also able to get 6 home games a season so far in D1-A while north Texas state still rolls with the 5 home games some seasons method of scheduling

Texas State has an equal athletics budget to north Texas state in their second season on D1-A vs the 18th season back in D1-A

and Texas State has recruited better so far as well for their time in D1-A vs north Texas state

So who have the TSU BC's played to prove that they have recruited better? Isn't the proof of that in the pudding (so to speak) and on the football field?

TSU-Aquarena Springs should have stayed in the NCAA FCS Southland Conference. They have bitten off way more than they can chew long term. North Texas started out in NCAA Division One when it began in the early 50's and it didn't take a Time Magazine 1'st team All American RB Abner Haynes-led Mean Green team to get an invite to the Sun Bowl.

What was TSU-Aqu.Sprngs doing in the 50's, 60's and 70's that they actually think they can do now with much stiffer competition?

And TodgeRodge, everyone knows you are a bitter UNT hating troll. Most people who are jealous of something or somebody have all the same traits you exhibit almost every time you post about the University of North Texas. Get over it and move on because what other choice do you really have in the matter?

North Texas is expected to grow up to 42-45,000 in the next several years so (quite franklly) you are taking on a sprawling, burgeoning giant yet with the same non-success and effectiveness as a piss ant would have against an elephant.

GMG!
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 09:20 AM by WeatherfordMeanGreen.)
06-26-2013 09:04 AM
49erlew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
As soon as the App fans find this, the smack board countdown clock will begin.

I don't know much about Texas State, but App has fulfilled the vast majority of their growth potential. I think that they will be a fine Sun Belt program, but I don't see them going very far beyond that... there's not a lot of room left to build up their campus or their stadium. Travel considerations also have scared quite a few conferences away, as Boone isn't exactly easy to get to. No matter how you slice it, you're at least a two-hour bus ride from the nearest major airport.
06-26-2013 09:12 AM
Advertisement

TodgeRodge Offline
All American

(06-26-2013 09:04 AM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  

I don't.

TSU-Aquarene Springs should have stayed in the NCAA FCS Southland Conference. They have bitten off way more than they can chew long term. North Texas started out in NCAA Division One when it began in the early 50's and it didn't take a Time Magazine All American Abner Haynes-led Mean Green team to take a trip to the Sun Bowl.

What was TSU-Aqu.Sprngs doing in the 50's, 60's and 70's that they actually think they can do now? I rest my case on this matter.

well they are selling out their stadium at least once which is more than north Texas state can claim...they are winning the same number of D1-A games as north Texas state.....they have a river that people actually swim in VS two ponds that people stare at and the river has a bridge over it too

Texas State can claim a win over UH in the last 30 years.....not so for north Texas

Texas State actually advanced deep into the D1-AA playoffs which is something that powerful drop down to D1-AA north Texas state never did in 13 seasons

equal records last year with Texas State having the win over common opponent UH and equal budgets, better recruiting, and a better coach with more name recognition and a better overall history as a D1-A coach

Texas state is in as good or better shape after their first full year as a D1-A team than north Texas state is after 18 years being back in D1-A
06-26-2013 09:16 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
1) Who cares

2) Texas State. App is in the mountains and in a small town.
06-26-2013 09:18 AM
Special Teams

(06-26-2013 09:16 AM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 07:08 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  I don't.

TSU-Aquarene Springs should have stayed in the NCAA FCS Southland Conference. They have bitten off way more than they can chew long term. North Texas started out in NCAA Division One when it began in the early 50's and it didn't take a Time Magazine All American Abner Haynes-led Mean Green team to take a trip to the Sun Bowl.

What was TSU-Aqu.Sprngs doing in the 50's, 60's and 70's that they actually think they can do now? I rest my case on this matter.

well they are selling out their stadium at least once which is more than north Texas state can claim...they are winning the same number of D1-A games as north Texas state.....they have a river that people actually swim in VS two ponds that people stare at and the river has a bridge over it too

Texas State can claim a win over UH in the last 30 years.....not so for north Texas

Texas State actually advanced deep into the D1-AA playoffs which is something that powerful drop down to D1-AA north Texas state never did in 13 seasons

equal records last year with Texas State having the win over common opponent UH and equal budgets, better recruiting, and a better coach with more name recognition and a better overall history as a D1-A coach

Texas state is in as good or better shape after their first full year as a D1-A team than north Texas state is after 18 years being back in D1-A

And Texas Tech didn't bring any fans to your historic one and only sellout--probably for the rest of your lifetime for that matter? I'd say they probably had maybe 50% of the crowd that day?

North Texas is 4 W's and 4 L's all time series with Texas Tech and I believe we actually won the last 2 out of 3 times we met so............[u]TEXAS TECH WOULD NOT COME TO DENTON TO HELP UNT DEBUT OUR "COMPLETELY NEW" STADIUM, EINSTEIN. AND I THINK THEY HAD AN INVITE TO DO SUCH! [/u] With the history of our series with the Red Raiders can you blame them? Try again, TodgeRodge, you cannot win this argument.

So get your official TSU-Aquarena Springs souvenir and photo-filled football souvenir program and spend the rest of today in your bathroom (and off the CUSA forum).

GMG!
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 09:36 AM by WeatherfordMeanGreen.)
06-26-2013 09:24 AM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
(06-26-2013 09:24 AM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 09:16 AM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 08:40 AM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  I think ULaLa and Arkansas State will continue to dominate the Sun Belt as they have for awhile now. North Texas actually did the league's first 4 years only last decade but according to some on this board that is considered ancient history, especially when it concerns North Texas! LOL!

And Texas Tech didn't bring any fans to your historic one and only sellout--probably for the rest of your lifetime for that matter? I'd say they probably had maybe 50% of the crowd that day?

North Texas is 4 W's and 4 L's all time series with Texas Tech and I believe we actually won the last 2 out of 3 times we met so............TEXAS TECH WOULD NOT COME TO DENTON TO HELP UNT OPEN UP OUR STADIUM, EINSTEIN. AND I THINK THEY HAD AN INVITE TO DO SUCH! With the history of our series with the Red Raiders can you blame them? Try again, TodgeRodge, you cannot win this argument.

you already lost the argument. Yes, Texas Tech is scared of a 4 win UNT team, specially when the last time UNT won against Tech was 14 years ago. /s
06-26-2013 09:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.