Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lynch interviewed on ESPN College Football Live show
Bookmark and Share
NIU93 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
Lynch interviewed on ESPN College Football Live show
Jordan Lynch was interviewed about his chances of winning the Heisman on ESPN's College Football Live show today. Awesome to see and hear Lynch! Great exposure.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 02:54 PM by NIU93.)
06-25-2013 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Lynch interviewed on ESPN College Football Live show
Video?
06-25-2013 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU93 Offline
2nd String

I don't have video as it was on ESPN 2. I do have it on my DVR. It looks like the show will be on again tonight on ESPNU at 10:30.
06-25-2013 04:34 PM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

Hopefully he's polished up his interview skills a bit, saw him on ESPNU last year on whatever that show is they air late night, but he came off terribly awkward....but the more national exposure the better!
06-25-2013 05:11 PM
Advertisement

prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(06-25-2013 05:11 PM)NIU8484 Wrote:  Hopefully he's polished up his interview skills a bit, saw him on ESPNU last year on whatever that show is they air late night, but he came off terribly awkward....but the more national exposure the better!

He's a football player, not a Miss Teen USA contestant....who gives a crap about his interview skills. Plus, you are just being negative and are flat out wrong. Lynch has done great as far as I am concerned minus the time he provoked the entire Seminole nation before the OB. He is an intelligent young man.

I look forward to seeing this interview.
06-25-2013 07:54 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(06-25-2013 07:54 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  
(06-25-2013 05:11 PM)NIU8484 Wrote:  Hopefully he's polished up his interview skills a bit, saw him on ESPNU last year on whatever that show is they air late night, but he came off terribly awkward....but the more national exposure the better!

He's a football player, not a Miss Teen USA contestant....who gives a crap about his interview skills. Plus, you are just being negative and are flat out wrong. Lynch has done great as far as I am concerned minus the time he provoked the entire Seminole nation before the OB. He is an intelligent young man.

I agree with you and while he said a foolish thing before the Orange Bowl, it is somewhat understandable. The guy is a competitor and he gave the politically correct answer to the not good enough question 499 times before finally snapping. It was refreshing to hear him pop off even though he should not have done so. I really admire Lynch and feel fortunate to watch him play for the Huskies.
06-25-2013 08:36 PM
golf4501 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I just hope he is better than Miss South Carolina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
06-25-2013 08:57 PM
Advertisement

NIU8484 Offline
All American

" negative and are flat out wrong".......Stop being so sensitive, how was I negative? I gave an opinion on his appearance on a talk show and the kid's a star on the field, a potential Heisman candidate..... And as a star, it would really benefit if he was a bit smoother in media interviews, I could care less about the Orange Bowl comments. I'm talking when he is interviewed on television, if you saw the ESPNU piece last year when the 2 guys on the talk show were joking and being very informal with him, Lynch came across as nervous, serious and cold. If I can find the clip I will post it here. ESPECIALLY if he wants to get an invite to NYC it would just be nice to see him relax if he's going to be on these ESPNU versions of "The best damn sports show"....
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 08:55 AM by NIU8484.)
06-26-2013 08:52 AM
GjlNIU Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-26-2013 08:52 AM)NIU8484 Wrote:  " negative and are flat out wrong".......Stop being so sensitive, how was I negative? I gave an opinion on his appearance on a talk show and the kid's a star on the field, a potential Heisman candidate..... And as a star, it would really benefit if he was a bit smoother in media interviews, I could care less about the Orange Bowl comments. I'm talking when he is interviewed on television, if you saw the ESPNU piece last year when the 2 guys on the talk show were joking and being very informal with him, Lynch came across as nervous, serious and cold. If I can find the clip I will post it here. ESPECIALLY if he wants to get an invite to NYC it would just be nice to see him relax if he's going to be on these ESPNU versions of "The best damn sports show"....

Agreed, right now he doesn't just represent himself or the football team but the whole university. Sure it was nice to some degree seeing that he has emotion and passion. But if we want to be the next Boise, not a team that the masses laugh at because we "snuck" into the Orange Bowl and "got destroyed". We need to show that we are the team with more class, who don't give our players strippers and cars.
06-26-2013 10:10 AM
NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(06-26-2013 08:52 AM)NIU8484 Wrote:  " negative and are flat out wrong".......Stop being so sensitive, how was I negative? I gave an opinion on his appearance on a talk show and the kid's a star on the field, a potential Heisman candidate..... And as a star, it would really benefit if he was a bit smoother in media interviews, I could care less about the Orange Bowl comments. I'm talking when he is interviewed on television, if you saw the ESPNU piece last year when the 2 guys on the talk show were joking and being very informal with him, Lynch came across as nervous, serious and cold. If I can find the clip I will post it here. ESPECIALLY if he wants to get an invite to NYC it would just be nice to see him relax if he's going to be on these ESPNU versions of "The best damn sports show"....

Well it was all pretty new to him. Harnish looked more comfortable but I don't think he was getting a lot of interviews his first couple years either. I didn't see any major problem with how he did in interviews. He'll get more comfortable with them as time goes by.
06-26-2013 11:03 AM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies

(06-25-2013 08:57 PM)golf4501 Wrote:  

I would like to offer a defense of the pretty little Miss SC. I don't know why they even ask the contestants on these beauty contests questions on current issues, when it has absolutely nothing to do with how one will fulfill the functions of being Miss Teen USA. It's not like Miss Teen USA will have to address the United Nations, or be appointed by the President to become the new Secretary of Education.

We don't ask Jordan Lynch why a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a map. Jordan Lynch gets questions about the Heisman Trophy, which he at least has a chance of winning and it appeals to his expertise.

Do they really expect someone to be watching the Miss Teen USA pagent to alter their opinion of the US educational system on the basis of something a contestant said?

The Contestants should be asked the kind of questions that Miss Teen USA should be expected to be able to answer. Here are a few samples:

1) Do you come here often?
2) If I said you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?
3) If I buy this car, do you come with it?

Those questions would be much more job-related.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 11:40 AM by Huskie_Jon.)
06-26-2013 11:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(06-26-2013 11:38 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  

(06-25-2013 08:57 PM)golf4501 Wrote:  

I would like to offer a defense of the pretty little Miss SC. I don't know why they even ask the contestants on these beauty contests questions on current issues, when it has absolutely nothing to do with how one will fulfill the functions of being Miss Teen USA. It's not like Miss Teen USA will have to address the United Nations, or be appointed by the President to become the new Secretary of Education.

We don't ask Jordan Lynch why a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a map. Jordan Lynch gets questions about the Heisman Trophy, which he at least has a chance of winning and it appeals to his expertise.

Do they really expect someone to be watching the Miss Teen USA pagent to alter their opinion of the US educational system on the basis of something a contestant said?

The Contestants should be asked the kind of questions that Miss Teen USA should be expected to be able to answer. Here are a few samples:

1) Do you come here often?
2) If I said you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?
3) If I buy this car, do you come with it?

Those questions would be much more job-related.

Yep. Pretty silly they're supposed to answer questions like that. As if that's why they're up there on stage.
06-26-2013 12:38 PM
GjlNIU Offline
Bench Warmer

I'm hoping that's sarcasm or an exaggeration that 20% of Americans can't find the US on a map...
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 01:51 PM by GjlNIU.)
06-26-2013 01:50 PM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(06-26-2013 01:50 PM)GjlNIU Wrote:  I'm hoping that's sarcasm or an exaggeration that 20% of Americans can't find the US on a map...

Keep in mind that many of them may not have maps.
06-26-2013 02:32 PM
GjlNIU Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-26-2013 02:32 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 01:50 PM)GjlNIU Wrote:  I'm hoping that's sarcasm or an exaggeration that 20% of Americans can't find the US on a map...

Keep in mind that many of them may not have maps.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that can't, but 20% seems awfully high.
06-26-2013 02:42 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
My son mangaged to DVR it and I finally got around to watching the interview last night. I thought Lynch did just fine. Lots of highlights from the Orange Bowl. Great exposure for him and the program. Brock Huard was dismissive to his Heisman chances, but he was complimentary to Lynch and his stats from 2012.
07-02-2013 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.