WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proud Coach/Dad Moment
Bada Bingo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WMU
Proud Coach/Dad Moment
Last night was our last scheduled Machine Pitch Little League game. The team has been up and down all year but we finished with a 13-7 win at Eastwood. One of my boys went 5-5 with a triple, 2 doubles and 5 runs scored. The triple probably could have been a home run but I decided to hold him at third. My other boy also went 5-5 and was batting behind his brother racking up the rbi's. After the game, the coach from the other team came over and said he hadn't seen anyone all season hit the ball like #8 did tonight. I was thinkin' yep, that's my boy. 04-rock

.jpg  photo[3]a.jpg (Size: 105.44 KB / Downloads: 17)

.jpg  photo[10]a.jpg (Size: 130.53 KB / Downloads: 15)
06-20-2013 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

RE: Proud Coach/Dad Moment
(06-20-2013 02:23 PM)Bada Bingo Wrote:  The triple probably could have been a home run but I decided to hold him at third.

dumb***. You shoulda sent him home. Afraid he would get hurt running into the catcher? Afraid he would slide and break his arm? Afraid you'd run up the score? Pussification of America right here.
06-20-2013 02:33 PM
Bada Bingo Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-20-2013 02:33 PM)Nacho Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 02:23 PM)Bada Bingo Wrote:  The triple probably could have been a home run but I decided to hold him at third.

dumb***. You shoulda sent him home. Afraid he would get hurt running into the catcher? Afraid he would slide and break his arm? Afraid you'd run up the score? Pussification of America right here.

I knew his brother was up next and would knock him in. Which he did.
06-20-2013 02:38 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

Oh so now its that you want to share the glory? YAY EVERYONE GETS A RIBBON FOR NUMBER 1! Losers.
06-20-2013 04:07 PM
Advertisement

Bada Bingo Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-20-2013 04:07 PM)Nacho Wrote:  Oh so now its that you want to share the glory? YAY EVERYONE GETS A RIBBON FOR NUMBER 1! Losers.

I'm sure you have a box full of those loser ribbons.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 05:34 PM by Bada Bingo.)
06-20-2013 04:15 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Always hated those coaches who sent players hoping that they'd score on errors.
06-20-2013 04:33 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

(06-20-2013 04:15 PM)Bada Bingo Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 04:07 PM)Nacho Wrote:  Oh so now its that you want to share the glory? YAY EVERYONE GETS A RIBBON FOR NUMBER 1! Losers.

I'm sure you have a box of those full of those loser ribbons.

03-lmfao
06-20-2013 05:22 PM
Advertisement

bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Congratulations, Bada Bingo. Bask in the memories of those moments. It's great when a son or a daughter experiences success in anything. It builds their confidence and gives the parent pride. I am very happy for you and your sons. I wish you many more experiences like that in your lives.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 08:57 PM by bostonbronco.)
06-20-2013 08:56 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(06-20-2013 08:56 PM)bostonbronco Wrote:  Congratulations, Bada Bingo. Bask in the memories of those moments. It's great when a son or a daughter experiences success in anything. It builds their confidence and gives the parent pride. I am very happy for you and your sons. I wish you many more experiences like that in your lives.

Bada Bing Bada Bong to that.

Just was at my 8 year old grandsons LL game tonite and he went 0-5 with six errors. But who's counting.

Film at 11.
06-20-2013 09:44 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

(06-20-2013 09:44 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  Bada Bing Bada Bong to that.

Just was at my 8 year old grandsons LL game tonite and he went 0-5 with six errors. But who's counting.

Film at 11.

This is what I'm talking about! Seriously. Brag about when they do bad and do great!
06-20-2013 10:10 PM
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(06-20-2013 10:10 PM)Nacho Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 09:44 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  Bada Bing Bada Bong to that.

Film at 11.

This is what I'm talking about! Seriously. Brag about when they do bad and do great!

Kudo's to BB and his kids. Taco, you're too easy.

My grandson will be a great cellist. Just you listen.
06-20-2013 11:55 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

Congrats BB. You're in the midst of fun years with the boys, and the time will go by all too quickly.

Keep working with them and maybe they can match the performance for WMU someday.
06-21-2013 01:24 PM
Bada Bingo Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-21-2013 01:24 PM)Broncobelt Wrote:  Keep working with them and maybe they can match the performance for WMU someday.

Unfortunatley the boy wants to play for Ohio State. 03-puke He only does it to piss me off. I told him that if they offered him a scholarship I would wear an OSU shirt, shorts, underwear and socks but only then. He's bound and determined to make me wear the stuff. I guess whatever motivates him.
06-21-2013 01:40 PM
Advertisement

Broncobelt Offline
All American

That's funny, Bada.

When my son was two years old I was watching a UM Vs. ND football game on TV and he kept insisting I had to root for one of the teams, though I told him I really didn't care. After about 15 minutes of his insisting I had to choose one of the teams, I said UM since we lived in Michigan.

The little stinker looked me right in the eyes and said, "Dad, I'm going to be a Notre Dame fan". That was 30 years ago and he is still an ND fan today.

Fortunately he also roots for WMU and GVSU. We have had season tickets since he was little, so he saw a lot of WMU growing up.

Therefore don't be surprised if your son remains an OSU fan. At least its all in fun.
06-21-2013 03:04 PM
jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
if I ever have a kid that purposefully roots against my teams, I will root for the other teams he plays against. Teach the little brat a lesson quickly! Thats not immature, its a teaching lesson...
06-21-2013 03:22 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
My son makes fun of scum fans and he is only 12. He doesn't understand why people would be fans of a team that they are too dumb to get into. He is WMU through and through which is nice for me. but my father played for Tennessee and at 5 years old i decided i had to be a fan of someone who could beat them so I became a bama fan. My father and I like to argue... a lot so it worked for us.
06-23-2013 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.