Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Branding Starts Now
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Branding Starts Now
C-USA has released its style guide. There are new faces mixing with old, so this is a good place for us to start branding to help ourselves out.

Afterall, if we can't be cordial enough (MT/Western excluded) to get this right as the fans of this league how can we expect outsiders to get it right? Scroll down to page 13.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-us...elines.pdf
06-20-2013 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49erlew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Branding Starts Now
[Image: DONOTUSE.jpg?t=1371737425]

Please and thank you.
06-20-2013 09:11 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Figured they would have left those departing off the list honestly
06-20-2013 09:19 AM
49erlew Offline
Special Teams

(06-20-2013 09:19 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  Figured they would have left those departing off the list honestly

No reason to... you're still with us for another year... leaving or not, there's no excuse to not include you guys.
06-20-2013 09:20 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(06-20-2013 09:20 AM)49erlew Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 09:19 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  Figured they would have left those departing off the list honestly

No reason to... you're still with us for another year... leaving or not, there's no excuse to not include you guys.

Has it been confirmed we're going to have CUSA logos on our field/courts? I have heard they are putting AAC logos on the bball practice courts.
06-20-2013 09:22 AM
49erlew Offline
Special Teams

(06-20-2013 09:22 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  

Has it been confirmed we're going to have CUSA logos on our field/courts? I have heard they are putting AAC logos on the bball practice courts.

I'm sure you are... but I couldn't imagine y'all having an AAC logo on anything that you'll be playing C-USA games on.

We have C-USA logos on our field, but we won't be in any other conferences between now and then. You guys, on the other hand, still have another year in C-USA and I couldn't imagine you changing those logos out prior to the move.

The practice courts, on the other hand... it isn't like you're playing games on them. Y'all can put whatever logo you want on them, I don't see why anybody outside of ECU fans/alumni would or should care.
06-20-2013 09:26 AM
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(06-20-2013 09:26 AM)49erlew Wrote:  

I'm sure you are... but I couldn't imagine y'all having an AAC logo on anything that you'll be playing C-USA games on.

We have C-USA logos on our field, but we won't be in any other conferences between now and then. You guys, on the other hand, still have another year in C-USA and I couldn't imagine you changing those logos out prior to the move.

The practice courts, on the other hand... it isn't like you're playing games on them. Y'all can put whatever logo you want on them, I don't see why anybody outside of ECU fans/alumni would or should care.

I'm saying we might just leave the logo off the field. Have no logo.
06-20-2013 09:30 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Hell, we still get dolts INSIDE this conference calling UAB Alabama-Birmingham.
06-20-2013 09:53 AM
TheNorthTexan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
(06-20-2013 09:30 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  

Not going to happen. We got reprimanded by the Sun Belch for leaving their logo off our field.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 09:54 AM by TheNorthTexan.)
06-20-2013 09:54 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Great doc to read and interesting to see how folks prefered to be called.

The last page was great for social media fans as you can see all the Hastags and other thing.

Well thought out plan IMHO.
06-20-2013 09:56 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(06-20-2013 09:54 AM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 09:20 AM)49erlew Wrote:  No reason to... you're still with us for another year... leaving or not, there's no excuse to not include you guys.

Not going to happen. We got reprimanded by the Sun Belch for leaving their logo off our field.

I don't think we have any f*&^s left to give regarding CUSA. They can get mad.
06-20-2013 10:06 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
It appears we'll be using the Southern Miss logo instead of Angry Bir.. I mean Eagle.
06-20-2013 10:25 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
The "do not use" for MTSU and UNT are surprising to me. MT and NT it is, then.
06-20-2013 10:27 AM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
I'm glad they're starting to introduce the flat look over the older 3-Dish one. Much more modern looking.
06-20-2013 10:54 AM
laxtonto Offline
1st String

I Root For: LAX
(06-20-2013 10:27 AM)Chappy Wrote:  The "do not use" for MTSU and UNT are surprising to me. MT and NT it is, then.

Stick with UNT, it is what is used all over campus on on the UNT billboards...
06-20-2013 11:13 AM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Wow. I did not notice how many of our schools use blue or green as their primary color. Thank goodness WKU is red, gives Southern Miss and UTSA someone to hang out with in the color pallet.
06-20-2013 12:08 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(06-20-2013 12:08 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  Wow. I did not notice how many of our schools use blue or green as their primary color. Thank goodness WKU is red, gives Southern Miss and UTSA someone to hang out with in the color pallet.

Real teams wear black in the Southern Mississippi heat and humidity 05-stirthepot
06-20-2013 01:14 PM
Mr. Bojangles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CHARLOTTE
(06-20-2013 10:06 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 09:54 AM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 09:22 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  Has it been confirmed we're going to have CUSA logos on our field/courts? I have heard they are putting AAC logos on the bball practice courts.

I don't think we have any f*&^s left to give regarding CUSA. They can get mad.

Listed below are the current regulations regarding required usage of the Conference USA mark by
C-USA member institutions.

Football Field

The Conference USA mark must appear on the football fi eld between the 20 and 40-yard lines facing the
press box/TV cameras on both sides of the 50-yard line. The mark should appear in a league-approved
color palette. The marks should be a minimum of 10 yards wide and be positioned between the hash
mark and the yard-line number on the press box side of the fi eld. The logo cannot obliterate any yard
lines per NCAA rules. The conference offi ce will provide each institution with fi eld stencils as needed.

Basketball Court

The Conference USA mark must appear on both sides of the basketball court in the free throw lane (logo
reads left to right as you are standing on the free throw line). The conference offi ce will provide artwork
or the proper-sized stencil to the institution and a diagram with color recommendations.

Facility Signage

The Conference USA mark must appear as signage in each athletic facility at each institution where a
conference-sponsored sport is played. The conference mark may appear in C-USA offi cial colors or the
offi cial institutional color palette.
It is the institution's responsibility to produce and install C-USA signage
The conference offi ce will provide general guidelines, minimum size specifi cations and artwork
The guidelines will be designed to provide each institution fl exibility due to diff erent types of venues/
constraints. Temporary signage should be used when permanent signage is not allowed (ex. off -campus
facility, etc.).

Football Jerseys

The Conference USA custom football patch must appear on the left front shoulder of the jersey. Patches
will be provided by the conference offi ce in partnership with The Emblem Source. The C-USA football
patch program will be coordinated with the football equipment managers to determine color and
quantity for each team.

Other Uniforms
The Conference USA mark must appear on all team and individual sport uniforms, including but not
limited to, the offi cial uniform, practice gear (where feasible), warm-ups and apparel worn by coaching
staff s and game management personnel, within the guidelines of NCAA rules.
The conference offi ce will provide size, color and additional logo specifi cations
The conference offi ce will designate uniform location for each sport to maintain consistency
The conference offi ce will provide guidelines for additional apparel and equipment applications
The logo will be silkscreened, embroidered or a patch
Please refer to the Brand Requirements - Uniforms document for additional details
06-20-2013 01:41 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
The C-USA logos are already on the bb court, so they'll stay until we leave. We have the sticils for fb, so there is no reason not use them. We should act with and act like Rutgers.
06-20-2013 02:12 PM
paintedblue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(06-20-2013 02:12 PM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  The C-USA logos are already on the bb court, so they'll stay until we leave. We have the sticils for fb, so there is no reason not use them. We should act with and act like Rutgers.

Well, ECU is eligible for C-USA championships in all sports they are competing in this final season (because it's a real athletic conference,) so they should sport the logos if for that reason alone.
06-20-2013 02:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.