Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

End of the day, Basketball will reign supreme.
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
End of the day, Basketball will reign supreme.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...0-20-years

Quote: It's the greatest game for yesteryear's gladiators. But I can see in the next 10 to maybe 20 years, society will alleviate football altogether.” -- Lem Barney

just about the time the media rights deals are done.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2013 05:25 PM by Dasville.)
06-14-2013 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
RE: End of the day, Basketball will reign supreme.
I want this 10 seconds of my life back......
06-14-2013 05:37 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(06-14-2013 05:37 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  I want this 10 seconds of my life back......
Sorry about that. But no dice...
06-14-2013 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
great now its 15 seconds. 03-lmfao
06-14-2013 05:58 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
20 Seconds !
06-15-2013 01:14 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
What's a lem barney?
06-15-2013 01:30 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Ridiculous. Fisticuffs and Equestrian Racing will always be the two most popular sports in America.
06-15-2013 01:43 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(06-15-2013 01:30 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  What's a lem barney?

Pro Football Hall of Famer...Detriot Lions from late 60's to Mid 70's...fantastic football player....
06-15-2013 02:08 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
Yep...Flopping is certainly gotten popular.
06-15-2013 02:19 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I can see this happening. The younger generations are getting softer and softer. If today's 18-24 year olds would have had to fight WWII, we would be speaking German or Japanese. Young men today are wimps. It is a result of the emasculation of American Male. If you are an American Male under the age of 40, chances are you have been pussified and you don't even know it. No discipline anymore, no respect for authority. When Fathers stopped putting foot to a$$, rather when Mothers insisted Fathers stopped putting foot to a$$, kids got fat and lazy.

We have raised a Nation of fat, lazy, undisciplined free loaders. I can see football ending because of it. I give Howard Schnellenberger credit. He saw it coming nearly 30 years ago. At a football coaches clinic in July 1986, Coach Schnellenberger was asked what he thought of soccer. Coach said "Soccer is a communist plot to turn all American males into homosexuals". Those of us in attendance waited for him to laugh, he didn't.
CJ
06-15-2013 03:05 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

(06-15-2013 03:05 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I can see this happening. The younger generations are getting softer and softer. If today's 18-24 year olds would have had to fight WWII, we would be speaking German or Japanese. Young men today are wimps. It is a result of the emasculation of American Male. If you are an American Male under the age of 40, chances are you have been pussified and you don't even know it. No discipline anymore, no respect for authority. When Fathers stopped putting foot to a$$, rather when Mothers insisted Fathers stopped putting foot to a$$, kids got fat and lazy.

We have raised a Nation of fat, lazy, undisciplined free loaders. I can see football ending because of it. I give Howard Schnellenberger credit. He saw it coming nearly 30 years ago. At a football coaches clinic in July 1986, Coach Schnellenberger was asked what he thought of soccer. Coach said "Soccer is a communist plot to turn all American males into homosexuals". Those of us in attendance waited for him to laugh, he didn't.
CJ

I think the young men serving in our armed services have done a damn fine job in Afghanistan and Iraq, regardless of their civilian counterparts. Let's show these young men some respect. And I'm over 40 before you try to pile me into that group. I served in combat as well, so I take exception to the WWII generation (Our greatest generation IMO) being the only generation defending this country adequately.
06-15-2013 03:25 PM
Advertisement

jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(06-15-2013 03:05 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I can see this happening. The younger generations are getting softer and softer. If today's 18-24 year olds would have had to fight WWII, we would be speaking German or Japanese. Young men today are wimps. It is a result of the emasculation of American Male. If you are an American Male under the age of 40, chances are you have been pussified and you don't even know it. No discipline anymore, no respect for authority. When Fathers stopped putting foot to a$$, rather when Mothers insisted Fathers stopped putting foot to a$$, kids got fat and lazy.

CJ

There are other factors involved. The great improvements in technology - especially as far as video games and cell phones are concerned - play a large role. No longer wanting to go outdoors and run around or meet with people, instead preferring to stay inside or on their phones all day. With how fast you can stream movies, sports, games, etc. on your devices it fosters a "I want it all, and I want it now!" mentality.

Don't put the blame on soccer; after all, a "second tiered sport" should not be what causes the ills Schnellenberger speaks of.
06-15-2013 03:26 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(06-15-2013 03:25 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  

CJ

I think the young men serving in our armed services have done a damn fine job in Afghanistan and Iraq, regardless of their civilian counterparts. Let's show these young men some respect. And I'm over 40 before you try to pile me into that group. I served in combat as well, so I take exception to the WWII generation (Our greatest generation IMO) being the only generation defending this country adequately.

The fine young men is the service now are the exception, not the rule. As a whole our society is weaker.
Thank you for service.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013 03:34 PM by CardinalJim.)
06-15-2013 03:33 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(06-15-2013 02:19 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Yep...Flopping is certainly gotten popular.

indeed 04-chairshot

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_b...-rams.html

"So obvious was the acting that ESPN's Jon Gruden reacted immediately in the broadcast booth: "Hate to see that. He's not really hurt. That's a tactic defenses have used in the past against no-huddle offenses to slow them down."
06-15-2013 03:34 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(06-15-2013 03:26 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  There are other factors involved. The great improvements in technology - especially as far as video games and cell phones are concerned - play a large role. No longer wanting to go outdoors and run around or meet with people, instead preferring to stay inside or on their phones all day. With how fast you can stream movies, sports, games, etc. on your devices it fosters a "I want it all, and I want it now!" mentality.

Don't put the blame on soccer; after all, a "second tiered sport" should not be what causes the ills Schnellenberger speaks of.

I agree about video games. The worst thing ever invented. They have turned our children into couch potatoes and sofa slugs.
CJ
06-15-2013 03:36 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

(06-15-2013 03:36 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(06-15-2013 03:26 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  There are other factors involved. The great improvements in technology - especially as far as video games and cell phones are concerned - play a large role. No longer wanting to go outdoors and run around or meet with people, instead preferring to stay inside or on their phones all day. With how fast you can stream movies, sports, games, etc. on your devices it fosters a "I want it all, and I want it now!" mentality.

I agree about video games. The worst thing ever invented. They have turned our children into couch potatoes and sofa slugs.
CJ

Completely agree. Although I'm not sure it's any worse than people who use the TV as a babysitter. At least on a computer they're exercising hand eye coordination and problelm solving skills. The lack of social interaction, due to video gaming, is the true hole in these kids personalities, IMO.
06-15-2013 03:40 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(06-15-2013 03:40 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  Completely agree. Although I'm not sure it's any worse than people who use the TV as a babysitter. At least on a computer they're exercising hand eye coordination and problelm solving skills. The lack of social interaction, due to video gaming, is the true hole in these kids personalities, IMO.

Isn't that the truth. I once caught my teenage son texting with his friend that was sitting in the same room. He explained that it was easier then talking. I too am concerned about the younger generations intra-personal skills.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013 03:56 PM by CardinalJim.)
06-15-2013 03:55 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

(06-15-2013 03:55 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(06-15-2013 03:40 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  Completely agree. Although I'm not sure it's any worse than people who use the TV as a babysitter. At least on a computer they're exercising hand eye coordination and problelm solving skills. The lack of social interaction, due to video gaming, is the true hole in these kids personalities, IMO.

Isn't that the truth. I once caught my teenage son texting with his friend that was sitting in the same room. He explained that it was easier then talking. I too am concerned about the younger generations intra-personal skills.
CJ

LOL, you've got to admit that is funny. I've seen similiar examples though, with a nephew.
06-15-2013 03:59 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(06-15-2013 03:59 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  
(06-15-2013 03:55 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

CJ

LOL, you've got to admit that is funny. I've seen similiar examples though, with a nephew.
How true. My 27 year old son, who is a great kid, stayed here one night and the next morning texted his mom from his bedroom to see what we were having from breakfast... You only have to hit eight keys to talk.03-banghead
06-16-2013 12:42 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
I think that once some really negative findings are released, like potentially this one from the link:

Quote:The camp's co-founder, Curtis Blackwell, said his goal was to conduct baseline tests on about 600 high school players this week so that the data was available if any of them have head injuries during the season.

then Moms are going to step in and kill the game in grade school. High schools are going to be held accountable for providing their players a growing list of the "latest" safety equipment and the costs are going to go through the roof.
06-16-2013 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.