....And We're Back!
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
....And We're Back!
Southern Conference ‏@SoConSports 1m
Welcome the return of @ETSUAthletics, members of the #SoCon from '78-'05. The Bucs field 17 sports and will be adding football in 2015.
05-30-2013 12:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jiggs Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Samford
RE: ....And We're Back!
And we're glad you're back.
05-30-2013 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Cats Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WCU
(05-30-2013 12:18 PM)Jiggs Wrote:  And we're glad you're back.

Welcome back to the SoCon. 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana
05-30-2013 12:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Word is no press conference today. Prez and AD out of town. A presser will come at a later date.
05-30-2013 12:22 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
05-30-2013 12:28 PM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
Maybe we can make a little noise from the men's and women's basketball teams' last season in the ASun before departing. The baseball team sure has.
05-30-2013 12:33 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ETSU
05-30-2013 12:38 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
You made a stop in the A-Sun and you're coming back to the SoCon with Mercer. Our schools are going to help create a strong league.
05-30-2013 12:53 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Get ready for an entirely different feel. At least the last time we were there, it felt like fellow teams actually had FANS, and when you bring rivalries into it, games are just a much more fun experience. Hopefully things are still the same...
05-30-2013 12:57 PM
HatterFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Stetson
Welp...bye y'all.

Fair winds and following seas.
05-30-2013 01:23 PM
chattanoogamocs Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: team you hate
Welcome back!

So nice to have a proper rival to that the Mocs can "love to hate" again.

I fully plan to drive up for our first returns to Johnson City in basketball and football.

We definitely owe you guys some pay back from the last time the Mocs/Bucs played in football.
05-30-2013 02:13 PM
Advertisement

MemTGRS Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Congrats! No knocking the A-Sun, but I know it has to feel good to feel good to be home again -- and the return of football, too.
05-30-2013 02:17 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

(05-30-2013 02:17 PM)MemTGRS Wrote:  Congrats! No knocking the A-Sun, but I know it has to feel good to feel good to be home again -- and the return of football, too.

Thank you MemTGRS. Knock the A-Sun all you want, we were very unhappy there.
05-30-2013 02:50 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Question: Would the SoCon have issued an invitation to ETSU if they were not sure that a new stadium was at least a 90% done deal? Remember, both Mercer and VMI were able to give the visiting SoCon delegation tours of their football stadiums, and Coastal Carolina and Kennesaw State also have their own stadiums. What did ETSU show the delegation regarding the new stadium?
05-30-2013 04:19 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(05-30-2013 04:19 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  Question: Would the SoCon have issued an invitation to ETSU if they were not sure that a new stadium was at least a 90% done deal? Remember, both Mercer and VMI were able to give the visiting SoCon delegation tours of their football stadiums, and Coastal Carolina and Kennesaw State also have their own stadiums. What did ETSU show the delegation regarding the new stadium?

I really hope this is true. Our new stadium is critical to the progress and fund raising of the program. Let us hope that right with the coaching announcement we get another big announcement.
05-30-2013 05:09 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(05-30-2013 02:17 PM)MemTGRS Wrote:  Congrats! No knocking the A-Sun, but I know it has to feel good to feel good to be home again -- and the return of football, too.

Thank you! You have no idea how painful the last ten years have been for long time Buc fans.
05-30-2013 05:10 PM
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

Honestly, I think the Southern would have taken ETSU back at this point even without football. They are desperate, and need us much more than we needed them.
05-30-2013 05:46 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(05-30-2013 05:46 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  Honestly, I think the Southern would have taken ETSU back at this point even without football. They are desperate, and need us much more than we needed them.

But, they wanted to replace three football schools to stay at nine. And, that is what they say they have done. As for ETSU and Mercer, they must be impressed with what these two have in the works for scholarship FCS football. Otherwise, they would have looked at footprint schools with established FCS football programs. Don't think the SoCon is desperate. There are still a number of schools that would jump at the chance to join the SoCon -- like every member of the Big South for starters. One thing, the ranks of scholarship FCS football schools in the south are not keeping pace with the departures to FBS football, and this impacts every FCS conference in the region. If these departures continue, the remaining Big South football schools could end up in the SoCon with the Big South and what's left of the ASun becoming a basketball league.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 06:28 PM by Buc66.)
05-30-2013 06:25 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

05-30-2013 06:54 PM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The SoCon tournament in Asheville is absolutely ideal. Even if ETSU is awful in basketball and has little chance of doing anything, it's worth a trip to enjoy the best beer anywhere (Beer City USA three years running) and watch some quality basketball in a newly renovated arena. Can't beat it.
05-30-2013 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.