Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Service Academy Requirements
Bookmark and Share
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
Service Academy Requirements
Check out these comments from Navy and Air Force's coaches regarding what is required of their players:

http://coachingsearch.com/home/3297-ken-...ision.html

That sounds really hard. Plus, I had never considered the fact that their players serve active duty during the offseason. It's remarkable how well they do.
05-30-2013 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
RE: Service Academy Requirements
Quote:Here's what Air Force's Troy Calhoun tells parents their kids will have to do: "He's got to have at least a 3.5 GPA, he's got to have an 1150 two-part SAT. You will not redshirt. You're going to go to school for four years, you're going to take 18 semester hours each semester, some of those semesters will have 21 semester hours. You're going to do two levels of chemistry, two levels of calculus, two levels of physics. You're going to take nautical engineering, astronautical engineering, mechanical engineering. You'll go through base training. Before your sophomore year, you go through survival training."

04-jawdrop 04-jawdrop 04-jawdrop

All the service academy students - those who play sports, and those who don't - deserve 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 10:56 AM by MidnightBlueGold.)
05-30-2013 10:55 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
There are five U.S. Service academies:

Division I
The United States Military Academy (USMA) in West Point, NY
The United States Naval Academy (USNA) in Annapolis, MD
The United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) in Colorado Springs, CO

Division III
The United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) in New London, CT
The United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) in Kings Point, NY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Stat..._academies
05-30-2013 11:02 AM
Advertisement

RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
I always enjoy when we play the service academies in football. You can't beat the pagentry at these games. Hopefully our new AD will put them back on the schedule every so often.
05-30-2013 11:33 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(05-30-2013 11:33 AM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  I always enjoy when we play the service academies in football. You can't beat the pagentry at these games. Hopefully our new AD will put them back on the schedule every so often.

I agree. UT is hosting Navy this year. We were also scheduled to play @ Navy in a couple years, but that game was cancelled for some reason, which sucks because I wanted to see a game at Annapolis.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 11:37 AM by MidnightBlueGold.)
05-30-2013 11:35 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(05-30-2013 11:35 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(05-30-2013 11:33 AM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  I always enjoy when we play the service academies in football. You can't beat the pagentry at these games. Hopefully our new AD will put them back on the schedule every so often.

I agree. UT is hosting Navy this year. We were also scheduled to play @ Navy in a couple years, but that game was cancelled for some reason, which sucks because I wanted to see a game at Annapolis.

That was because they are joining the AAC in 2015 when that game was scheduled. They had too many OOC games and had to get rid of several.
05-30-2013 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.