I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
Regional hosts announced
http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/articl...tournament

Quote:Sixteen hosts for Division I regionals announced for 2013 tournament

NCAA Release

Last Updated - May 26, 2013 8:57 GMT
Contact | Archive | RSS

INDIANAPOLIS – The NCAA Division I Baseball Committee announced the 16 regional sites for the 67th annual NCAA Division I Baseball Championship.

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records (through May 26) are as follows:

2013 DIVISION I BASEBALL REGIONAL HOSTS

CITY, STATE

VENUE

HOST (RECORD)

Baton Rouge, La. Alex Box Stadium LSU (52-9)
Blacksburg, Va. English Field Virginia Tech (38-20)
Bloomington, Ind. Bart Kaufman Field Indiana (43-14)
Chapel Hill, N.C. Boshamer Stadium North Carolina (52-8)
Charlottesville, Va. Davenport Field Virginia (47-10)
Columbia, S.C. Carolina Stadium South Carolina (39-18)
Corvallis, Ore. Goss Stadium Oregon State (45-10)
Eugene, Ore. PK Park Oregon (45-14)
Fullerton, Calif. Goodwin Field Cal State Fullerton (48-8)
Los Angeles, Calif. Jackie Robinson Stadium *UCLA (38-17)
Louisville, Ky. Jim Patterson Stadium Louisville (46-10)
Manhattan, Kan. Tointon Family Stadium Kansas State (41-17)
Nashville, Tenn. Hawkins Field Vanderbilt (51-9)
Raleigh, N.C. Doak Field North Carolina State (44-14)
Starkville, Miss. Dudy Noble Field Mississippi State (43-17)
Tallahassee, Fla. Dick Howser Stadium Florida State (44-15)
*Record through May 25.

By virtue of being awarded a regional, all 16 host institutions have also been selected to the 64-team championship field.

Each regional field features four teams, playing in a double-elimination format. All 16 regionals are scheduled to be conducted May 31 through June 3.

Two institutions are hosting for the 20th time or more as Florida State leads the list of schools with 30 and LSU with 21. South Carolina is hosting for the 15th time. Mississippi State (12th) and Cal State Fullerton (11th) are the only other institutions to host 10 or more times since the NCAA went to the regional format in 1975.

North Carolina is hosting for the seventh time, while Virginia is hosting a regional for the sixth time and UCLA is hosting for the fifth time. North Carolina State and Oregon State are hosting for the fourth time, while Louisville and Vanderbilt for the third time. Rounding out the list and hosting for the first time are Indiana, Kansas State and Virginia Tech.

Seven institutions (Florida State, LSU, North Carolina, North Carolina State, South Carolina, UCLA and Virginia) also hosted in 2012.

The ACC leads the way with five hosts, the SEC has four, and the Pac-12 has three. The Big East, Big 12, Big Ten and Big West each have one school hosting.

The remaining at-large teams, top-eight national seeds, first-round regional pairings and site assignments will be announced at noon ET Monday. The one-hour program will be shown live on ESPNU. The committee will set the entire 64-team bracket through both the super regionals and the first round of the College World Series, and will not reseed the field after play begins.

Selection of the eight super regional hosts will be announced June 3 at approximately 11 p.m. ET.

There are 30 Division I conferences which will receive an automatic berth in the field of 64, along with 34 at-large selections. The 67th College World Series begins play June 15 at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha in Omaha, Neb.
05-26-2013 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
RE: Regional hosts announced
When was the last time the state of Texas did not host a regional?
05-26-2013 08:23 PM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
Or the states of Texas AND Oklahoma?
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 08:46 PM by Almadenmike.)
05-26-2013 08:46 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1965_NCAA_D...Tournament

Looks like 1965 (and even that is a bit of a stretch since Texas qualified for the CWS that season as an automatic qualifier). In 1995, there was a regional in Oklahoma but not in Texas. I think that was the last year there wasn't a regional in the state of Texas. I didn't check the hosts after they went to the current format in 1999 but I'm pretty sure we've had at least one host in Texas every year since they went to 16 regionals.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 09:06 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
05-26-2013 09:06 PM
bbaker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls!!

New Orleans Bowl
(05-26-2013 08:46 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  Or the states of Texas AND Oklahoma?

Wow, that is amazing, K State got a regional but not Oklahoma. The Sooners must be howling.

I wonder where I will be flying to.
05-26-2013 09:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.