MWC
[Show Results]

MWC vs AAC
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
MWC vs AAC
Which Conference stands at 6 ?

Use these 5 to decide and state why you believe...

Thanks..

1 Football
2 Basketball
3 TV - Deal
4 Bowls
5 Other Sports
05-16-2013 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
RE: MWC vs AAC
(05-16-2013 01:44 PM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  Which Conference stands at 6 ?

Thanks..

1 Football
2 Basketball
3 TV - Deal
4 Bowls
5 Other Sports

Your poll says ACC - I'll take the ACC.
05-16-2013 01:47 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(05-16-2013 01:44 PM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  Which Conference stands at 6 ?

Thanks..

1 Football
2 Basketball
3 TV - Deal
4 Bowls
5 Other Sports

Slight edge to MWC in football, big edge to AAC in basketball. We will see about bowls.
05-16-2013 01:48 PM
DonnyMost Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Reason
[Image: giant-douche.png]
05-16-2013 01:53 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
1. Football-It's really close. Boise is the best program, but the MWC drops off a little quicker past them. In terms of who's league is deeper I'd say the AAC, but the strength of Boise alone has a good chance to get them the G5 bowl a majority of the time. I'll go ever so slight advantage MWC just because the system favors having 1 great team.
2. Basketball-Again it's really close. I think both are going to be pretty consistent 3-5 bid leagues going forward. I'd probably go ever so slight edge to the AAC just because of UCONN's national championship pedigree and some of the schools like Tulsa and Houston who are down right now but have the chance to rise back up to where they used to be or close to it
3. TV deal-I'll go AAC on this one. Yeah it's a massive disappointment compared to what fans thought the financial totals would be, but the money on the whole is still slightly better for the AAC (except for Boise who will probably pull in more than everyone) and the exposure although still a little unknown on the surface seems to be better.
4. Bowls-Still too early to say for sure, but at least at the moment it seems like the MWC is going to end up ahead on this one. For whatever reason the AAC appears to be doing even worse on the bowl front than I imagined they would (and I had low expectations).
5. Other sports-Women's basketball obviously goes to the AAC. As for the rest I don't know enough about the MWC to judge fairly.

So who would I give the overall edge to? At this point I can't really give it to anyone.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 02:03 PM by b0ndsj0ns.)
05-16-2013 02:00 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

Your poll says ACC - I'll take the ACC.
[/quote]

Good catch I'm already mixing them up..lol

Now How can I fix it... ?

Things look pretty even, so far.. can Mod fix my mistake can't seem to edit the Poll ?

Thanks...
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 02:35 PM by Fear The Frog.)
05-16-2013 02:31 PM
Advertisement

Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

(05-16-2013 02:00 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  1. Football-It's really close. Boise is the best program, but the MWC drops off a little quicker past them. In terms of who's league is deeper I'd say the AAC, but the strength of Boise alone has a good chance to get them the G5 bowl a majority of the time. I'll go ever so slight advantage MWC just because the system favors having 1 great team.
2. Basketball-Again it's really close. I think both are going to be pretty consistent 3-5 bid leagues going forward. I'd probably go ever so slight edge to the AAC just because of UCONN's national championship pedigree and some of the schools like Tulsa and Houston who are down right now but have the chance to rise back up to where they used to be or close to it
3. TV deal-I'll go AAC on this one. Yeah it's a massive disappointment compared to what fans thought the financial totals would be, but the money on the whole is still slightly better for the AAC (except for Boise who will probably pull in more than everyone) and the exposure although still a little unknown on the surface seems to be better.
4. Bowls-Still too early to say for sure, but at least at the moment it seems like the MWC is going to end up ahead on this one. For whatever reason the AAC appears to be doing even worse on the bowl front than I imagined they would (and I had low expectations).
5. Other sports-Women's basketball obviously goes to the AAC. As for the rest I don't know enough about the MWC to judge fairly.

So who would I give the overall edge to? At this point I can't really give it to anyone.

Great post thanks....
05-16-2013 02:40 PM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Fresno St.
Remember the loser in this poll will drop to FCS, so make sure to weigh all the variables
05-16-2013 02:45 PM
UNLVFan90 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNLV, MWC
The Mountain West looks better in the long run. Cincinnati and USF will go to the Big 12. Houston, SMU, and Tulsa will go to the Mountain West. Navy goes back to independence. The AAC takes Southern Miss, Massachusetts, and Marshall.
05-16-2013 02:59 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(05-16-2013 02:45 PM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  Remember the loser in this poll will drop to FCS, so make sure to weigh all the variables
03-lmfao
05-16-2013 03:06 PM
UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State
I'll give the MWC the edge for now. The MWC shares its footprint with just one BCS conference: the Pac-12. There's plenty of room to grow since the only power conference nearby is not a threat to their survival and at least half of those MWC schools are either flagships or land grant institutions. The West is growing but that does not mean the average family who moved to Denver from Indianapolis will suddenly switch their allegiances to Colorado State or Wyoming over Indiana or Purdue. The AAC is in a bigger populated area but other than UConn, their schools are in pro sports towns or there's multiple BCS schools nearby that overshadow them. That IMO is the bigger factor and some of those schools might have reached their ceiling for that reason alone. C-USA, MAC and Sun Belt are in the same boat as well. The MAC is surrounded by the Big Ten, the AAC, C-USA and Sun Belt by the Big XII, SEC and ACC.

I give the AAC the edge on basketball though. A conference that has UConn, Cincinnati, Memphis, Temple and Tulsa at the top is better than UNLV, Cal State-San Diego, New Mexico, Utah State and Colorado State.
05-16-2013 03:32 PM
Advertisement

OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Football - MWC
Basketball - American
TV Deal - American
Bowls - Wait 'til things shake out
Other Sports - Tie
05-16-2013 03:52 PM
Poliicious Offline
1st String

I Root For: WildcatsHuskies
First of all, love polls of the voting and (Poles) female variety

Football, 2013 edge to the MWC eventhough they still have Lville. In 2014, the edge for MWC increases with the addition of SJ ST & UT ST who both finished in the top 25 in 2012 along with Boise, Fresno & SD ST gives this conference a very solid top half. I'm going out on a limb and say the top half of the MWC is better than the top half of the ACC.

Hoops: While neither had the 13 season they were hoping for (MWC had 5 bids 3 lost in 1st round none made it to Sweet 16) (AAC- if you count Lville, conference had a great season; w/o Lville only Cincy got a bid and they lost in round 1) Temple & Memphis got bids and each made it to Round 2 but they were in the A10 & ACC respectively.

Historically the AAC is the better hoops conference but only the BE, A10, B10, 12 PAC & B12 matched or exceeded the number of tourney bids the MWC had last year. So that could be the start of a trend for the MWC.

TV deal: hard to know at this point, not sure if all details have been made public
05-16-2013 04:48 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(05-16-2013 02:59 PM)UNLVFan90 Wrote:  The Mountain West looks better in the long run. Cincinnati and USF will go to the Big 12. Houston, SMU, and Tulsa will go to the Mountain West. Navy goes back to independence. The AAC takes Southern Miss, Massachusetts, and Marshall.

What if the B12 decides to go to 12 with New Mexico and Colorado State?

West: Col St, New Mexico, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma St, K-State
East: Texas, TCU, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa St, West Virginia
05-16-2013 05:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Where is the MAC? #6, but I don't see it to vote for them.
05-16-2013 06:02 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(05-16-2013 05:52 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  
(05-16-2013 02:59 PM)UNLVFan90 Wrote:  The Mountain West looks better in the long run. Cincinnati and USF will go to the Big 12. Houston, SMU, and Tulsa will go to the Mountain West. Navy goes back to independence. The AAC takes Southern Miss, Massachusetts, and Marshall.

What if the B12 decides to go to 12 with New Mexico and Colorado State?

West: Col St, New Mexico, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma St, K-State
East: Texas, TCU, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa St, West Virginia

The Big12 is looking to add more people in thier footprint. You cant do that by adding New Mexico. Colorado St makes a little more sense, but its even a poor add compared to Ohio or Florida.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 06:47 PM by Attackcoog.)
05-16-2013 06:46 PM
Advertisement

RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
If the Big 12 is looking to raid the AAC rather then the Mountain West, then the AAC has to be the better conference. The only team in the Mountain West that the Big 12 was interested in was Air Force (although I thought they might consider Colorado St to get them back into Colorado after losing the U Colorado to the Pac 12). The only other western school of Big 12 interest is Brigham Young (who is an independent).

The best of the AAC vs Mtn West for 2013 is Louisville vs Boise St. Time will tell which one ends up with the better record. 04-cheers
05-16-2013 10:19 PM
Underdog Offline
All American

I Root For: The American
(05-16-2013 03:32 PM)UTEPDallas Wrote:  I'll give the MWC the edge for now. The MWC shares its footprint with just one BCS conference: the Pac-12. There's plenty of room to grow since the only power conference nearby is not a threat to their survival and at least half of those MWC schools are either flagships or land grant institutions. The West is growing but that does not mean the average family who moved to Denver from Indianapolis will suddenly switch their allegiances to Colorado State or Wyoming over Indiana or Purdue. The AAC is in a bigger populated area but other than UConn, their schools are in pro sports towns or there's multiple BCS schools nearby that overshadow them. That IMO is the bigger factor and some of those schools might have reached their ceiling for that reason alone. C-USA, MAC and Sun Belt are in the same boat as well. The MAC is surrounded by the Big Ten, the AAC, C-USA and Sun Belt by the Big XII, SEC and ACC.

I give the AAC the edge on basketball though. A conference that has UConn, Cincinnati, Memphis, Temple and Tulsa at the top is better than UNLV, Cal State-San Diego, New Mexico, Utah State and Colorado State.

That's the main reason why the MWC will probably surpass the AAC (both are about even right now). The MWC only has to compete with the PAC 12 for recruits. The AAC has to compete with the ACC, B1G, SEC, B12, CUSA, and the SBC.
05-17-2013 08:25 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
You have to love how biased this poll is. Hardly anyone is actually going team buy team and explaining why. All you have is (insert conference USA/MWC fan) I think the MWC is better! If you want to see which conference is actually better and lets use this past two seasons because for all we know Memphis could go undefeated.

And just of the top of my head there is a huge gap between the AAC and the MWC these categories: Markets, enrollments, stadium sizes, number of teams who have been ranked in the last five years, pro prospects, attendance. It may just be my opinion but even with the proximity of big time schools I see the USF's, UCF's, Houston, and Memphis's in a much better position than schools like Wyoming and New Mexico.
05-17-2013 09:03 AM
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Best Team: MWC

Best Overall Conference: AAC
05-17-2013 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.