Bookmark and Share
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
oh how the delusional have fallen
AAC bowl situation is in complete and total shambles

03-lmfao

poor delusional AAC fans.

also I give this thread 2 pages before it is on the smack board thanks to ECU posters talking smack.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 12:08 AM by Dracorex.)
05-14-2013 12:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
RE: oh how the delusional have fallen
If ours are that bad just imagine how bad you guys are going to have it.
05-14-2013 12:16 AM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(05-14-2013 12:16 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  If ours are that bad just imagine how bad you guys are going to have it.

we still have those contracts that CUSA 2.0 left us. And we have the same access to the best of the non AQ bowl. In 5 years maybe there will be a difference, but the way conference realignment goes CUSA and the AAC won't look the same as they do now.

also, my first prediction was wrong. A Memphis fan beat the butt pirates to it.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 12:27 AM by Dracorex.)
05-14-2013 12:25 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Any AAC fan who thought the conference was going to hang on to any decent bowl that the Big East was contracted to....is delusional. You don't lose WVU, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Rutgers in a 2yr span and expect to keep the good bowls when the contracts are up.
Bottom line is the crown jewel for the Gang of Five is the Liberty Bowl and that is if the Liberty Bowl does not go with the Big 5 when the contract is up. Other then the Liberty it is mostly no name bowls with a crappy before Christmas date that hurts attendance unless it is a 6hr or shorter drive for one of the fan bases.

I have thought for a long time that minus a miracle run and a BCS bid that the best options for a Gang of 5 schools is to schedule well OOC. ECU we have VT at home this year and play UNC and NCST on the road which represents a better opponent then 99% of our Bowl options. Problem in the future is the Big 5 will make scheduling them OOC even more difficult for Gang of 5 schools. I guess on a semi positive note there are still a lot of programs in the Gang of 5 that I would be interested in watching ECU play. Sad part is the Big 5 is putting more daylight between themselves and the rest of us and we are seeing the definite emergence of a Tier system where CUSA and AAC are Second Tier. It is the reality most of us face....far less tv money, crappy bowls and tougher to get one for one scheduling agreements.
05-14-2013 05:39 AM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(05-14-2013 12:16 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  If ours are that bad just imagine how bad you guys are going to have it.

Linkage: "By golly we did it!"

[Image: zzzBigEastZ_t607.jpg]

Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson said today the move to the Big East Conference solidifies the U of M's future. "With this move, the future for Tiger athletics is brighter than ever," Johnson said. (Memphis Commercial Appeal 2/8/2012)
05-14-2013 05:51 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
You know, you never see a thread on the AAC board about Conf USA, but you get one of these on the COnf USA board almost everyday. Wonder why? Let's revisit a word that does not get used in our culture very often, but never the less is an oldy but goody. Ready boys and girls, COVET. Covet means a yearning or desire to have something that one does not have. There are no threads about Conf USA on the AAC board, because the fans of that board do not COVET anything about Conf USA. I suspect the coveting will be over, when threads like these are finished for good.
05-14-2013 07:00 AM
Advertisement

SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-14-2013 05:39 AM)ShoreBuc Wrote:  Any AAC fan who thought the conference was going to hang on to any decent bowl that the Big East was contracted to....is delusional. You don't lose WVU, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Rutgers in a 2yr span and expect to keep the good bowls when the contracts are up.
Bottom line is the crown jewel for the Gang of Five is the Liberty Bowl and that is if the Liberty Bowl does not go with the Big 5 when the contract is up. Other then the Liberty it is mostly no name bowls with a crappy before Christmas date that hurts attendance unless it is a 6hr or shorter drive for one of the fan bases.

I have thought for a long time that minus a miracle run and a BCS bid that the best options for a Gang of 5 schools is to schedule well OOC. ECU we have VT at home this year and play UNC and NCST on the road which represents a better opponent then 99% of our Bowl options. Problem in the future is the Big 5 will make scheduling them OOC even more difficult for Gang of 5 schools. I guess on a semi positive note there are still a lot of programs in the Gang of 5 that I would be interested in watching ECU play. Sad part is the Big 5 is putting more daylight between themselves and the rest of us and we are seeing the definite emergence of a Tier system where CUSA and AAC are Second Tier. It is the reality most of us face....far less tv money, crappy bowls and tougher to get one for one scheduling agreements.

Finally, a voice of reason stating the realistic picture. I've been saying it all along. We've been having pissing matches about whose the weakest big sister. If any of us think our TV monies will increase, you are freakin nuts! The B5 will get a huge majority of the tv monies and time slots, we'll be left the scraps, playing on Thursday nights and having fans watch us on ESPN 48 or some obscure internet feed.
05-14-2013 07:02 AM
It's The Talons Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM/GSU
(05-14-2013 07:00 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  You know, you never see a thread on the AAC board about Conf USA, but you get one of these on the COnf USA board almost everyday. Wonder why? Let's revisit a word that does not get used in our culture very often, but never the less is an oldy but goody. Ready boys and girls, COVET. Covet means a yearning or desire to have something that one does not have. There are no threads about Conf USA on the AAC board, because the fans of that board do not COVET anything about Conf USA. I suspect the coveting will be over, when threads like these are finished for good.

Actually, I'm good with CUSA for now. Also, I think you're making a broad generalization.
05-14-2013 07:07 AM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
(05-14-2013 12:07 AM)Dracorex Wrote:  AAC bowl situation is in complete and total shambles

03-lmfao

also I give this thread 2 pages before it is on the smack board thanks to ECU posters talking smack.

By posting this you will be diagnosed by 'Murica 12 SUMBITCH fans as having chronic butthurt along with a bad case of jealousy and you've obviously been eating too many sour grapes.
05-14-2013 07:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators
(05-14-2013 07:00 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  You know, you never see a thread on the AAC board about Conf USA, but you get one of these on the COnf USA board almost everyday. Wonder why? Let's revisit a word that does not get used in our culture very often, but never the less is an oldy but goody. Ready boys and girls, COVET. Covet means a yearning or desire to have something that one does not have. There are no threads about Conf USA on the AAC board, because the fans of that board do not COVET anything about Conf USA. I suspect the coveting will be over, when threads like these are finished for good.

03-zzz
05-14-2013 07:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators
(05-14-2013 07:07 AM)Its The Talons Wrote:  

Actually, I'm good with CUSA for now. Also, I think you're making a broad generalization.

It's been going on since UCF, Houston, and SMU were waiting around for a week to announce so they could piggy back with Boise States announcement. We've all been told how magical the 'Murica 12 SUMBITCH is.
05-14-2013 07:24 AM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Consider in the privacy of your own heart and mind if you would truly want your school to spurn an AAC invitation before expressing your views on the subject.

Many posters with AAC disdain had a miraculous conversion toward the AAC after their school's inclusion in the AAC.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 07:59 AM by Tiger1983.)
05-14-2013 07:56 AM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
DAE CIRCLEJERK??????
05-14-2013 08:06 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(05-14-2013 12:07 AM)Dracorex Wrote:  AAC bowl situation is in complete and total shambles
03-lmfao

What is an AAC, don't you mean ACC?
05-14-2013 09:49 AM
JustAnotherAustinOwl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls

It also has to do with the fact that a subset of fans of the defecting schools have been complete and total a-holes about the situation. Doesn't matter if it's only a few, it's been enough to pollute the well. I enjoy a number of the posters from those schools, and have real world friends who are alums, but outside of the soccer thread, I'll be glad when this divorce is final...
05-14-2013 10:10 AM
Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
(05-14-2013 09:49 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
03-lmfao

No, AAC is a no name conference!
05-14-2013 10:28 AM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Im not envious, jealous or overjoyed about anything the Murka12 (I mean 11, I don't see Navy ever joining the ACC, I mean the Murka) has. They are nothing more than a Gang of 5 schools that will beat the FU$K out of each other every year. Not one school will separate and dominate the other schools, which is what you need if you have a chance if you want a BCS bowl. I say Murka12 rarely gets one.

ECWho Blows Chunks.....And then eats them
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 10:31 AM by HerdZoned.)
05-14-2013 10:29 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(05-14-2013 10:28 AM)Runner Wrote:  
03-lmfao

Is it a new FCS conference? I've never heard of it. What does it stand for?
05-14-2013 10:32 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(05-14-2013 10:32 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
03-lmfao

Did a FIU fan just post this? Seriously? If the AAC is FCS then was your former SBC home DIII?
05-14-2013 10:40 AM
Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
(05-14-2013 10:32 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
03-lmfao

AAC = Annoying Ass Conference
05-14-2013 10:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.