Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What should the future of the CR board be?
Make it a general college sports board with a realignment subforum
We have not yet begun to reorganize! Throw me another box of tin foil!
My name is Jim Donnan, and I know kung fu
Something else (Explain yourself by replying to the thread)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The future of the CR board
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
The future of the CR board
Based on some posts here ( http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=632144 ), I felt a poll like this was needed to get a feel for how people stand.

(wait for poll)
05-08-2013 08:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
RE: The future of the CR board
This forum has already basically become the repository for general NCAA athletics discussion. I say just rename it as such.
05-08-2013 09:02 AM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
1. Strongly think it should stay one board. Subforums are a hassle and already overdone on this site.

2. I think realignment should be in the name somewhere (if not keep it as it is)- it's really part of the "brand" of this board, and realignment will never end anyway. I'd vote to keep the name, or add in something like "Conference realignment and FBS discussion" or something
05-08-2013 09:12 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
As i mentioned the other day, with the ACC grant of rights, there probably won't be any realignment for the forseeable future among the conferences most care about - the P5 and the two conferences with schools hoping to get promoted to the P5, the AAC and MWC. That suggests this board should be renamed.

On the other hand, this CR board is a great community, and renaming it may destroy that, cause posters to scatter to the four winds.
05-08-2013 09:12 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Keep it one board, but rename it to "College Sports and News" or such that it has become.
05-08-2013 09:13 AM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
(05-08-2013 09:12 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  As i mentioned the other day, with the ACC grant of rights, there probably won't be any realignment for the forseeable future among the conferences most care about - the P5 and the two conferences with schools hoping to get promoted to the P5, the AAC and MWC. That suggests this board should be renamed.

On the other hand, this CR board is a great community, and renaming it may destroy that, cause posters to scatter to the four winds.

That's what I'm concerned with. There have been many lulls in realignment and this board has managed fine. Still think it needs to be recognized that the "brand" (that made this one of the more popular boards on this site, if not the most popular) is realignment. Take that away and it loses its identity. Maybe you add to the name to recognize that other issues may take over, but I think "realignment" should remain in the name.

I see this board morphing into a discussion of the new BCS/playoff, bowls, conference centered comparisons, TV contacts, etc. I don't think having the name "realignment" in the title will take away from those discussions.
05-08-2013 09:24 AM
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I don't know if would be possible but I would be in favor of moving threads about the P5, G5 and FCS and basketball leagues into different forums.

I know many fans on here do but I am to the point where I don't care much for reading about the P5 threads on ACC/B12 counter raids and what someone from a Longhorn website says.

What about a sub folder for bowl realignment? That is going to become a hot topic over the next year.
05-08-2013 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
(05-08-2013 09:12 AM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  1. Strongly think it should stay one board. Subforums are a hassle and already overdone on this site.

2. I think realignment should be in the name somewhere (if not keep it as it is)- it's really part of the "brand" of this board, and realignment will never end anyway. I'd vote to keep the name, or add in something like "Conference realignment and FBS discussion" or something

Agree. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
05-08-2013 09:35 AM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(05-08-2013 09:13 AM)DexterDevil Wrote:  Keep it one board, but rename it to "College Sports and News" or such that it has become.

What about "Conference Realignment, Breaking News and Jim Donnan"

I agree it needs to stay one board and realignment needs to be in the title somewhere. It is part of the brand now.
05-08-2013 09:41 AM
Underdog Offline
All American

I Root For: The American
(05-08-2013 09:35 AM)S11 Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 09:12 AM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  1. Strongly think it should stay one board. Subforums are a hassle and already overdone on this site.

I like the realignment discussions and speculations on this board. So I agree with the above post. This board has realignment as its history so why rewrite it....
05-08-2013 09:46 AM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
I say a general college football forum, but there is no need for a subforum. Just think of this as a general board with a specific focus on realignment (that's been part of it anyway since it split off from the main Big East board). Maybe rename it "Conference Realignment and College Sports Talk" or something like that. Don't break the realignment out from it though as its too big a topic and is going to divide people a little more than is ideal.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 09:48 AM by ohio1317.)
05-08-2013 09:46 AM
Advertisement

JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Unless the traffic declines to a level deemed unacceptable by the owner, leave it be.
05-08-2013 09:49 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
(05-08-2013 09:46 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  I say a general college football forum

No, not everyone here is a football fan, I'm a bigger basketball fan than football, even though I hate both compared to Hockey, College Hockey (and Baseball) is where it is at.
05-08-2013 09:50 AM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

I Root For: Old Dominion
I, alone, claim the identity of Jim Donnan. This is irrefutable evidence that I am truly Jim Donnan.
05-08-2013 10:01 AM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
How about "The Business of College Sports"
05-08-2013 10:02 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
I wouldn't change anything, even if realignment cools down. This is still an interesting board
05-08-2013 10:03 AM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(05-08-2013 09:35 AM)S11 Wrote:  

I fully support S11 here. A lot of things fall under realignment which has been duly noted many times. We are just in the seventh inning stretch with realignment. No matter what we discuss here we all go immediately back to the realignment issue, when news happens. If anything, just rename it College Football News/Realignment or something. No sub forums please. I can already hear the riding mower laughing at me and blowing kisses.03-puke
05-08-2013 10:11 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
There are certain topics that would not easily fit in other threads. For example, the 3 schools that the Southern Conference may be adding, not a lot of interest to most people, but good to pick up for some. Would not exist anywhere else.

A multitude of different topics exist than can easily be scanned within a couple of minutes.

People can post rumors and rumors of rumors without it offending the posters that want to discuss other things and get irritated.

I know not what others may vote, but seems would be best to leave it as it is.
05-08-2013 10:12 AM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
Conference Agnostic News
05-08-2013 10:16 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I say keep it as one board with a simple rename:

"College Realignment & News"

I enjoy the discussions here on the TV deals, scheduleing, and other items of college athletics that effect the entire landscape. For confrence specific effects I go to the home board of the confrence, but the CRB board has a huge diversity in its posters and thier perspectives.
05-08-2013 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.