Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Noland Redesigning Front Porch
Bookmark and Share
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Noland Redesigning Front Porch
Blending athletics with other initiatives is a smart, well rounded, and unifying approach in redesigning and increasing ETSU's Front Porch onto the university:

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Living/a...z2Rl2XCPLJ
05-05-2013 03:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
RE: Noland Redesigning Front Porch
In the comments it was mentioned that the CPA isn't open for use to the general public. That actually could help generate some revenue for the university and maybe help offset some of the operational costs of that place by opening a limited number of community based/alumni memberships. Ex: if an alum wanted to use it to work out, play pickup ball, swim or whatever, why not charge them the same amount or maybe a little more than what the CPA fee is, same as the library? Tie in whatever the students pay towards the bond on the buildings plus the fees, charge it to alums. I don't know if that's legal, but it's just another opportunity to get people BACK to campus.
05-05-2013 05:10 PM
RRTguy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU, WFU
I continue to be very impressed with Noland and his vision for ETSU. I only hope that some other institution doesn't grab him too soon.
05-05-2013 05:11 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
(05-05-2013 05:10 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  In the comments it was mentioned that the CPA isn't open for use to the general public. That actually could help generate some revenue for the university and maybe help offset some of the operational costs of that place by opening a limited number of community based/alumni memberships. Ex: if an alum wanted to use it to work out, play pickup ball, swim or whatever, why not charge them the same amount or maybe a little more than what the CPA fee is, same as the library? Tie in whatever the students pay towards the bond on the buildings plus the fees, charge it to alums. I don't know if that's legal, but it's just another opportunity to get people BACK to campus.

The CPA has way too many people in it as is- just as another one of the comments said. Even with the expansion, it will be crowded. I agree about the library though- academic journals and such are not usually available at public libraries.
05-05-2013 05:22 PM
Advertisement

BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(05-05-2013 05:10 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  In the comments it was mentioned that the CPA isn't open for use to the general public. That actually could help generate some revenue for the university and maybe help offset some of the operational costs of that place by opening a limited number of community based/alumni memberships. Ex: if an alum wanted to use it to work out, play pickup ball, swim or whatever, why not charge them the same amount or maybe a little more than what the CPA fee is, same as the library? Tie in whatever the students pay towards the bond on the buildings plus the fees, charge it to alums. I don't know if that's legal, but it's just another opportunity to get people BACK to campus.

There isn't capacity. They are expanding now, maybe in the future.
05-05-2013 07:49 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
05-06-2013 02:42 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(05-05-2013 07:49 PM)BucDoctor Wrote:  

That's a good thing then. Atleast it's getting used with regularity, but my question there would be how packed is it before 8 A.M. and after 6pm? Post expansion would it be feasible to sell the memberships to alums but limit the access to weekends and off peak times for students.
05-06-2013 07:00 PM
Advertisement

BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(05-06-2013 07:00 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 07:49 PM)BucDoctor Wrote:  

That's a good thing then. Atleast it's getting used with regularity, but my question there would be how packed is it before 8 A.M. and after 6pm? Post expansion would it be feasible to sell the memberships to alums but limit the access to weekends and off peak times for students.

I think usage is pretty high before 8AM, don't know much about the post 6PM. Can't agree with limiting access for students (if that was what you were saying) their fees pay for it. Maybe I misinterpreted your comment.
05-06-2013 07:21 PM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
There really isn't a non-peak time. Weekends are occasionally less busy, but even that is inconsistent. Winter session remains fairly busy. Only the summer is down, and thats a time many will choose outdoor recreation. As a graduating student, my opinion is that this "non-peak hour" membership would be unattractive: who wants to pay for a membership with restrictions when they can go elsewhere with their money?
05-06-2013 09:10 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
How about Noland getting the Cardinals to play a few games at Thomas Stadium. I could have sworn Mullins and crew said the park wouldn't be up to minor league specifications.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 09:13 PM by ETSUfan1.)
05-06-2013 09:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(05-06-2013 09:13 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  How about Noland getting the Cardinals to play a few games at Thomas Stadium. I could have sworn Mullins and crew said the park wouldn't be up to minor league specifications.

Dr. Noland is doing so many good things. Rebuilding so many bridges. Doing what ETSU has needed for 10 years.
05-06-2013 09:16 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-06-2013 09:13 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  How about Noland getting the Cardinals to play a few games at Thomas Stadium. I could have sworn Mullins and crew said the park wouldn't be up to minor league specifications.

Playing a 3 game series here or there is a bit different from playing a whole season there. Just sayin.
05-06-2013 09:50 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I realize that, but I thought them playing at Thomas was completely out of the question.
05-06-2013 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buc2002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Playing a game or two was never a problem. It was the issue of housing the team for the entire year because of the lack of a field house with locker rooms, training facilities, office space, etc.

In this scenario, the Cardinals would just show up and play.
05-07-2013 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.