Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which Player Is The Face of Your Program?
Bookmark and Share
BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Exclamation Which Player Is The Face of Your Program?
So which player and why do you feel they are?
05-03-2013 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Which Player Is The Face of Your Program?
(05-03-2013 09:34 AM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  So which player and why do you feel they are?

There are few but i will go with Taylor Heinicke

why? He makes good calls and with precision, he's got quite an arm actually a very good arm for a person of his size and he freaking runs when he can't pass and won't mind taking hits..how many teams can proudly say that their qb passed for more than 5000 yards in a single season..you know what i am talking about.

P.S. i am dying to see how he will fare against CUSA defenses.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 09:56 AM by 12thmonarch.)
05-03-2013 09:53 AM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Kenneth Dixon now that Patton is on the 49ers
05-03-2013 09:55 AM
BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Rakeem Cato is ours. Since he has stepped foot on the field for the first time he has been one of the main personalities on the team. Before he played his first game there were already t-shirts being made about his beard. And now if he stays on his current trajectory he will own every Marshall passing record.
05-03-2013 10:13 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
For the Charlotte 49ers right now its Freshman QB Matt Johnson, our current projected starter.

[Image: 8-1972.jpg][Image: MEWZKBTQBACUPEB.20121102155613.jpg]
05-03-2013 10:16 AM
Hop45 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Senior QB Logan Kilgore. Very involved in leadership roles both on and off the field. Speaks at many alumni/booster related functions and is also seen at other sporting events quite a bit. Has been an asset to the program/university during his entire time in Murfreesboro.
05-03-2013 10:42 AM
Advertisement

TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
SR RB/WR/QB/ WHAT ELSE COACH Antonio Andrews

Had played in Bobby Rainey's shadow for a couple of years, came in to fall trying to keep his #2 spot. Showed well against AP, thn UK happened. UK even modeled new helmets after his cleat impression:

[Image: will_kentucky_football_be_getting_new_helmets.png]

Tore their "S'posed to be SEC" defense to shreds. Threw the now famous pass on Seminole to seal it away.

Will not have to carry the ball nearly as much this season, but look for him to line up wide as well as see the screen and wheel options.
05-03-2013 10:50 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Justin Hardy
[Image: 2012-sun-journal-athlete-of-the-year.jpg]

He's the best player on the team. He's our 2013 "Dwayne Harris"... I chose him because we use him in a bunch of different ways, and he excels at all of them.
05-03-2013 11:10 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
Really tough question for us considering we lost Jamie Collins and have no clear starter at QB. Kendrick Hardy maybe.
05-03-2013 11:11 AM
Freshy Offline
1st String

(05-03-2013 11:11 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Really tough question for us considering we lost Jamie Collins and have no clear starter at QB. Kendrick Hardy maybe.

I was also thinking it would be Hardy at this point.
05-03-2013 11:27 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
Jameill Showers
05-03-2013 11:32 AM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(05-03-2013 11:27 AM)Freshy Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 11:11 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Really tough question for us considering we lost Jamie Collins and have no clear starter at QB. Kendrick Hardy maybe.

Thing is, we don't even know if he'll start yet. I like to think he will.....but I've thought that the past three seasons as well.

I think someone will emerge quickly once the season starts but the truth is that as of right now the team has no identity or face of the program. Whether it be a QB, RB, WR, or defensive player.
05-03-2013 11:35 AM
WinOrLoseEAGLE Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Maybe. What I'm HOPING is it's one of those giant "big uglies" on both the offense and defense. Southern Miss, more so than anything else as I see it, needs to get back to that "chip on my shoulder/blue collar" mentality. Nothing says "F***tard, I will kick your ass just because I want to kick your ass" better than a giant interior lineman who feels he's got something to prove.
05-03-2013 11:35 AM
Freshy Offline
1st String

(05-03-2013 11:35 AM)WinOrLoseEAGLE Wrote:  

Maybe. What I'm HOPING is it's one of those giant "big uglies" on both the offense and defense. Southern Miss, more so than anything else as I see it, needs to get back to that "chip on my shoulder/blue collar" mentality. Nothing says "F***tard, I will kick your ass just because I want to kick your ass" better than a giant interior lineman who feels he's got something to prove.

Hardy has been the most visible senior who struggled under The Destroyer who is getting a second chance. There are several that could become more visible. Khyri Thornton, perhaps? Could even be Deron Wilson.
05-03-2013 11:38 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(05-03-2013 09:34 AM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  So which player and why do you feel they are?

The Face of the current program: Rakeem Cato

The Face of Marshall Football: Chad Pennington

Cato came to Huntington on a visit because of Tommy Shuler. Shuler had already committed to Marshall and had fallen in love with the city. Cato had just committed 2 weeks earlier to FIU and has said he was reluctant to come at first, but did because of TS. He said he was like Tommy and fell in love with the city of Huntington before he even met the coaches.

Pennington became the face of Marshall Football before he even left Huntington. But he has done so much for the city and WV in general since he was drafted. His 1st and 10 foundation has helped a lot of rural areas in WV and TN. Pennington has a Celebrity Bowl each year to raise money in Huntington, all the money raised goes back to help the tri-state area.

Chad Pennington's 1st and 10 Foundation

Chad Pennington's Celebrity Bowl
05-03-2013 11:48 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

Favre
05-03-2013 11:59 AM
Advertisement

zyxwvutsru Offline
Cubicle Warrior

I Root For: UTEP
(05-03-2013 11:32 AM)mistabinks Wrote:  Jameill Showers

I gotta go with Nathan Jeffery if we are talking about players. If you wanna talk about the true face of the program, its gotta be Coach Kugler.

He is EVERYWHERE.
05-03-2013 12:07 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-03-2013 11:59 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Favre

I've always been on the fence with him about this. He lives here. He now coaches at OGHS (which I really like). I know he was pissed when Bower was fired. But even Bower is getting involved again in the university. I really like that.

If I was JH, I would do what is necessary to market him in a positive manner. Also, Brett could step up and make the first public move as he has been covert ops regarding his publicity in the 'burg. I know he does things behind the scenes, but it would be refreshing and helpful to do some promotion for the university that gave him an opportunity when nobody else would.

It's a huge marketing op that is being wasted. I hope that changes one day.
05-03-2013 01:46 PM
WinOrLoseEAGLE Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(05-03-2013 01:46 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

I've always been on the fence with him about this. He lives here. He now coaches at OGHS (which I really like). I know he was pissed when Bower was fired. But even Bower is getting involved again in the university. I really like that.

If I was JH, I would do what is necessary to market him in a positive manner. Also, Brett could step up and make the first public move as he has been covert ops regarding his publicity in the 'burg. I know he does things behind the scenes, but it would be refreshing and helpful to do some promotion for the university that gave him an opportunity when nobody else would.

It's a huge marketing op that is being wasted. I hope that changes one day.

I agree - I imagine he's one of the big boy donors if not THE big boy - but just requires more anonymity when he hands over something. Still, there are two and only two right now who could probably do MORE by not giving any money but giving their name....Favre and Jimmy Buffett. Either or both of those guys grandstanding for SOUTHERN MISS would be SO beneficial.
05-03-2013 02:02 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

Just hope he doesn't send your phone any pics.
05-03-2013 02:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.