Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Returning Starters
Bookmark and Share
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Returning Starters
What's your team looking like in terms of returning talent? Troy looses a lot on defense and has hired a new DC. We return half at most of our offensive starters. We are young on both sides of the ball but have experience on offense from lots of players who were not necessarily starters. We should good as per normal on offense as we do return most of our key players not named Southward or Reeves, such as QBs Robinson and Anthony, and WRs Eric Thomas, Chandler Worthy and BJ Chitty.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 05:34 PM by TroyFootball05.)
04-30-2013 05:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Returning Starters
We return most of our starters on offense, except for Ryan Aplin. Return most of our defensive starters, though we will have to find 2 new corners this year.
04-30-2013 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
South Alabama had to start a number of guys because of injury, but the short answer is we are returning 9 starters on offense, 8 on defense and our punter. However, there are a few players who started a game or two out of necessity that will return. Plus a big JC class will report this summer.
04-30-2013 05:53 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
With the JUCOs coming in and the guys that sat out a year, plus the returners; all we need to find is our starting QB.

Some players "left" the team, some graduated, but the "new" people stepping in are better, talent-wise, then who we lost.
04-30-2013 05:57 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
USA returns most starters as well, but not all returning starters will have a starting job this year. The biggest difference for USA is that we will be adding depth!
04-30-2013 05:58 PM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(04-30-2013 05:41 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  We return most of our starters on offense, except for Ryan Aplin. Return most of our defensive starters, though we will have to find 2 new corners this year.
Two new corners? Scales is the only one on the roster that graduated and both Tryon and Brown return after starting last year quite a bit. It was basically those three lat year and two are back. Throw Rocky Hayes and Willie Fletcher in the mix and CB is an area of strength.

Overall, ASU returns a lot of starters on both sides of the ball.

QB- This is the one big replacement. If the new starter is an average SBC QB we should be back in a bowl.
RB- Everyone returns and the new guy, Michael Gordon is impressive enough that we moved Frankie Jackson to defense.
WR- We return our leading WR and freshman All-American, Muse who started for two years, Julian Jones a bona fide deep threat and a host of guys with some experience who are ready to step up.
TE- The best receiving TE we've had in years returns.
OL- Key here. Four of five starters return and there is healthy competition for the remaining spot.

DE- We have to replace one starter.
DT- Starters are all back.
LB- Have to replace Herrold and hybrid Don Jones but best defender, Q. Lee returns as well as Eddie Porter and Kyle Coleman.
S- Both starters return.
CB- 2 of 3 return along with Rocky Hayes and former Cal. signee Willie Fletcher.

A lot of the guys back on defense have another year after this one as well. Just have to find the right QB.
04-30-2013 10:39 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
somehow I got LB and CB confused. My bad.
04-30-2013 10:50 PM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(04-30-2013 10:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  somehow I got LB and CB confused. My bad.
No problem.

I am not too worried about LB. We play a lot of 3-4 and move guys around. Q. Lee can play either of a couple spots, Porter is strong at the Bandit, Stone probably plays with his hand on the ground this year, Albright can probablt give us what Nelms did, Coleman is ready to start and Gurley and Jackson show a lot of promise at the Wolf.
04-30-2013 11:03 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(04-30-2013 05:57 PM)CatMom Wrote:  With the JUCOs coming in and the guys that sat out a year, plus the returners; all we need to find is our starting QB.

Some players "left" the team, some graduated, but the "new" people stepping in are better, talent-wise, then who we lost.

Can't wait until thats not an issue. QB was solid for so many years (Nealy and George) but the last three years have been painful.
05-01-2013 11:20 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
We return most everyone except QB and entire DL.....Those two positions will be the most watched and might determine how well our season goes....I am confident in anyone at QB over what we had prior seasons, no offense to jakes but he was definately more of your game manager and anyone replacing him should be an upgrade...
05-01-2013 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.