Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Basketball Signings?
Bookmark and Share
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
Basketball Signings?
Anybody else concerned that we have not seen an official ""Spring Signee" annoucement? Could eligibility be an issue or Drake in the picture with our assistant leaving?
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 01:28 PM by HuskieJ.)
04-19-2013 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
RE: Basketball Signings?
Here's HuskieWire story on Plotnick (pre-ferred walk-on) with mention of Highsmith and Armstead's. But as you say, natta from Athletics.......

http://www.huskiewire.com/articles/2013/.../index.xml

Quote:"I like the coaching staff a lot, coach [Mark Montgomery, he's a great guy," Potnick told the Daily Chronicle,"... I think right now they're just trying to build the program and get some good guys in there to get that started."

Dowagiac (Mich.) guard Dontel Highsmith signed with the Huskies back in November, while La Jolla (Calif.) Prep wing Aaric Armstead and his brother, San Jose City College's Aaron Armstead, have committed to play at NIU next season, according to the website chicagohoops.hoops247.com.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 02:03 PM by thxjoenovak.)
04-19-2013 02:02 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

Have we had an "official announcement" that Nader or anybody else have left the program? Or did I miss something?
04-19-2013 02:41 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

Check out ISU BB website. They have all their signings posted. They want to win now with a couple of JUCO players.

http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-baskbl/

NIU website has not been updated in a month! No news in 40 days?

http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/
04-19-2013 06:38 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

Went to the Huskie Bowl and heard a bad rumor. Im hearing the Gray twins got themselves kicked out of school and Mader leaving. The Grays stink, but I would hate to see them lose their education. Mader would be a bad loss, he has potential. Also I did not know Shelly Binegar left. We went to the Orange Bowl, but it seems like no one wants to be here. Has anyone heard anything?
04-20-2013 03:35 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(04-20-2013 03:35 PM)niu2222 Wrote:  Went to the Huskie Bowl and heard a bad rumor. Im hearing the Gray twins got themselves kicked out of school and Mader leaving. The Grays stink, but I would hate to see them lose their education. Mader would be a bad loss, he has potential. Also I did not know Shelly Binegar left. We went to the Orange Bowl, but it seems like no one wants to be here. Has anyone heard anything?

Holy crap....We need a new AD named soon.

I thnk Mader had some skills.

....Shelley just spoke at some business forum. Course she was there in place of JC. She's probably just beating the new AD to the punch I would imagine.
04-20-2013 03:44 PM
Advertisement

HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
The Athletic Dept needs drastic changes anyways. Losing anyway is not a loss at all. They need fresh minds, people that can make a change, especially on the marketing side.

Who knows, it could've been Compher holding the Dept back but I just feel the Athletic Dept has declined very rapidly in the last 3 years when we should be on an upward trend.
04-20-2013 04:48 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(04-20-2013 04:48 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  The Athletic Dept needs drastic changes anyways. Losing anyway is not a loss at all. They need fresh minds, people that can make a change, especially on the marketing side. Who knows, it could've been Compher holding the Dept back but I just feel the Athletic Dept has declined very rapidly in the last 3 years when we should be on an upward trend.

I really hope they look at some of the bigger name Big Ten schools at their assit ADs for the position.
04-20-2013 07:26 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
Wow...hate to hear about the Gray twins if true. I never saw Mader do anything on the court but wish him well at his next stop.
04-20-2013 07:44 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
Didn't some on this board say Binegar was an unfriendly woman?
04-20-2013 07:45 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(04-20-2013 07:45 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  Didn't some on this board say Binegar was an unfriendly woman?

Not me, but yes...Referred to as Shelley "Vinegar".
04-20-2013 08:05 PM
Advertisement

NIU75 Offline
All American

(04-20-2013 07:44 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  Wow...hate to hear about the Gray twins if true. I never saw Mader do anything on the court but wish him well at his next stop.

When will MM make an "official announcement" who is off the basketball team or who signed? It is a sad day when we have a rumor mill based on who said what to a teammate or what a player tweated a friend. Let us try to run the basketball program first class.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 09:45 PM by NIU75.)
04-20-2013 09:44 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
The grays got kicked out of school? Sorry but if true that falls on MM as well. This is the most amazingly embarrassing program of all time.
04-20-2013 10:00 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

The Grays problems have nothing to do with school. I hear they were running around dressed in black with masks shooting things with paint balls. As, I said it is a rumor still. Most college teams have their 2012-2013 roster still up. NIU75, you are making something out of nothing. I have seen nothing to suggest Monty is running the program un-professional or not first class! When you aren't winning, people pick apart everything. Many didn't like Binegar, but I felt she was very easy to talk to.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 10:29 AM by niu2222.)
04-20-2013 10:16 PM
the_instigator Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: life
(04-20-2013 10:16 PM)niu2222 Wrote:  The Grays problems have nothing to do with school. I hear they were running around dressed in black with masks shooting things with paint balls. As, I said it is a rumor still. Most college teams have their 2012-2013 roster still up. NIU75, you are making something out of nothing. I have seen nothing to suggest Monty is running the program un-professional or first class! When you aren't winning, people pick apart everything. Many didn't like Binegar, but I felt she was very easy to talk to.

Shelly was real good at one thing: Alienating the alums that give back to the program. God forbid you had to ask her for something out of the ordinary, you generally got a mouthful in return.
04-21-2013 07:50 AM
bigredmachine Offline
2nd String

I read this board frequently to get NIU news that may not appear elsewhere. niu2222 and others here do not have a scintilla of sense and do not know what they are talking about. Shelley Binegar has given her all to the program despite being asked to do the work of several people. To trash someone here is so easy when you remain anonymous. NIU has many problems and those that work there are trying to do their best to make the school a success. Disagree with them if you like, but do not post disparaging remarks with no foundation in fact. The internet is great for many things, but it also provides a forum for the ignorant and ill-intended with no risk of repercussions. If you love NIU, then show it by attending games, donating money and time, and speaking of your support to others. To tear something down on this board serves no one.
04-21-2013 08:34 AM
Advertisement

Mr Reality Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
In all reality, these are not the times to be wearing black masks and garb while using paintball guns to shoot up the campus.
04-21-2013 09:14 AM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

Bigredmachine, reading is a skill. I said I felt Binegar was very easy to talk to. I considered Shelly to be a friend. My concern is NIU is not taking advantage of the Orange Bowl experience. It does not help to have so much turnover in the Athletic Dept and on our teams!
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 12:57 PM by niu2222.)
04-21-2013 10:28 AM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Wait so the countless people who have had poor experiences with Binegar should hold their tongues because she's trying? If she truly has the vinegar nickname there must be a reason why. Calling for positive change is a way of showing that you care about NIU whether you want to accept it or not.
04-21-2013 11:43 AM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(04-21-2013 08:34 AM)bigredmachine Wrote:  I read this board frequently to get NIU news that may not appear elsewhere. niu2222 and others here do not have a scintilla of sense and do not know what they are talking about. Shelley Binegar has given her all to the program despite being asked to do the work of several people. To trash someone here is so easy when you remain anonymous. NIU has many problems and those that work there are trying to do their best to make the school a success. Disagree with them if you like, but do not post disparaging remarks with no foundation in fact. The internet is great for many things, but it also provides a forum for the ignorant and ill-intended with no risk of repercussions. If you love NIU, then show it by attending games, donating money and time, and speaking of your support to others. To tear something down on this board serves no one.

I've never had a run in with her, but for the people who donate and have had issues with her, they have every right to say anything they please.
04-21-2013 11:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.