Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Adios Davidson....
Bookmark and Share
72Grad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: East Tennessee
Adios Davidson....
Understand that they are going to the A10. SOCON is hurting...hope we have the opportunity to go to the OVC.
04-16-2013 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartowZone Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Adios Davidson....
At this point, the SOCON would very much be a lateral move.. I hope other options are still available...
04-16-2013 09:22 AM
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
At this point the only thing good about the Socon..is we will have football.. but it would be a move down in basketball...
04-16-2013 10:06 AM
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

Davidson may possibly be staying in the Socon due to the A10's unwillingness to accomodate their "academic scheduling" demands/requests. Not sure where the CAA stood (stands) on this, but the Socon is fine with it. Also, this may be common knowledge, but ETSU will be in the Socon next and not the OVC. Its done.
04-29-2013 10:08 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
When will we get an official announcement?
04-29-2013 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

I think its several weeks away from being official.
04-30-2013 06:50 AM
Advertisement

GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Doesn't the SoCon meet in June to vote?

It's a bummer Davidson is leaving, I agree. App State & Georgia Southern didn't hurt the conference by leaving in basketball. Charleston never won the SoCon, although I did enjoy playing them and they had quality teams.

It's a different landscape for certain, and I hope the SoCon can woo UNC Wilmington into the fold. Mercer, whether people on here think so or not, is a quality addition, and it appears they are headed to the SoCon with us & VMI, which is what I've been hearing for months.
04-30-2013 09:44 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(04-30-2013 09:44 AM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  Doesn't the SoCon meet in June to vote?

It's a bummer Davidson is leaving, I agree. App State & Georgia Southern didn't hurt the conference by leaving in basketball. Charleston never won the SoCon, although I did enjoy playing them and they had quality teams.

It's a different landscape for certain, and I hope the SoCon can woo UNC Wilmington into the fold. Mercer, whether people on here think so or not, is a quality addition, and it appears they are headed to the SoCon with us & VMI, which is what I've been hearing for months.

They meet the end of May at Hilton Head.
04-30-2013 10:28 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(04-29-2013 10:08 PM)abuc90 Wrote:  Davidson may possibly be staying in the Socon due to the A10's unwillingness to accomodate their "academic scheduling" demands/requests. Not sure where the CAA stood (stands) on this, but the Socon is fine with it. Also, this may be common knowledge, but ETSU will be in the Socon next and not the OVC. Its done.

Do ya have a source?
04-30-2013 10:31 AM
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

I was told by someone who would know, but I don't think it was secret information. So not really a "source" in the cool sense.
04-30-2013 11:03 AM
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

I like that VMI is coming too...a lot of cool history there...especially around the Civil War period (Gen. Stonewall Jackson taught there)
04-30-2013 06:59 PM
Advertisement

abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

I have mixed emotions about VMI. VMI is a cool school for a lot of reasons, but they will never be much more than what they are right now because of the constraints they put on themselves. There is certainly a lot of old tradition there both athletically and otherwise. VMI vs VPI (Va Tech) was the football game of the year in VA all the way up into the 60's. However, in todays college landscape VMI doesn't bring much to the table.
04-30-2013 09:50 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel
Good times for @DavidsonCollege. @StephenCurry30 on @SInow cover and school will officially announce move to Atlantic 10 tomorrow.
05-07-2013 12:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
(05-07-2013 12:33 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel
Good times for @DavidsonCollege. @StephenCurry30 on @SInow cover and school will officially announce move to Atlantic 10 tomorrow.

Wow our alleged SoCon move is looking better and better every day!03-banghead
05-07-2013 12:47 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Yup. Look for the SoCon to turn to High Point or some other irrelevant school to replace them.
05-07-2013 12:48 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

Good for Davidson for moving up, however it's difficult to sit here and watch all of these schools that we used to compete with pack up and move on to better things and leave us behind. Who is next? Chattanooga?

I'm sure some people will remember this but back during the Mister years when we were a top 25 basketball team Davidson was a lowly Big South member that had recently left the Socon.

Between 1975 and 1993 Davidson had only two winning seasons, now they're on their way to the Atlantic 10.....

Between 1975 and 1993 ETSU had 4 NCAA tournament appearance and a NIT appearance and we are "moving up" to the Socon.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 12:56 PM by Bucster.)
05-07-2013 12:50 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Elon to the CAA rumor gaining steam now...
05-07-2013 01:15 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
At what point does ETSU rethink the SoCon and go all in with UTC to the OVC?
05-07-2013 01:19 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(05-07-2013 01:19 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  At what point does ETSU rethink the SoCon and go all in with UTC to the OVC?

Would the OVC be interested in expansion with ETSU and UTC?
05-07-2013 01:22 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

(05-07-2013 01:15 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Elon to the CAA rumor gaining steam now...

Also disappointing from an ETSU fan perspective. CAA has no interest in us (at least thats what we've heard) but they are interested in Elon. What has Elon ever done? They are geographically close to UNCW (if you want to call 3 hours close) but that's about all I can see.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 01:58 PM by Bucster.)
05-07-2013 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.