Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Madipalooza
Bookmark and Share
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

I Root For: JMU
Madipalooza
What we need are some legit business, marketing, and PR folks to figure this one out.

How do we get the same student turnout at sporting events as JMU had for madipalooza today?[attachment=4551][Image: a6abu9u5.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 07:10 PM by brizzock.)
04-13-2013 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bulldogg Offline
1st String

RE: Madipalooza
Just win, baby!
04-13-2013 07:18 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

Have a concert following the game. Bring in some solid acts.
04-13-2013 07:45 PM
Advertisement

Mad victory Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
[Image: psy_2349018b.jpg]

Time to bring in psy
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 08:00 PM by Mad victory.)
04-13-2013 07:55 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

Two things will do it. Beer and purple Kool-Aid.
04-13-2013 08:59 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
So who was/were the bands?

And yea, to the original ?, I guess bring in some solid postgame bands and make it free?
04-13-2013 11:21 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-13-2013 11:21 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  ...I guess bring in some solid postgame bands and make it free?

This should help to keep them at the game to the end, but they wouldn't show up until just before the half.
04-14-2013 06:06 AM
Advertisement

JMU2014 Offline
2nd String

I don't think a concert would do it unless it was somebody big and even then it would only be for one game. The real key is to win. Winning makes it cool for students to be proud of their team and their school, which makes them want to come to games. Losing (or even playing very close games) to teams like CCSU, Liberty, St. Francis, etc just reinforces the students' idea that we are "small time." Which is why I don't think we'll see the kind of student support that we all know is possible until we move up. Students just don't care about Towson, Richmond, W&M, etc.
04-14-2013 08:34 AM
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

Madipalooza
What interaction do the coaches and players have with fraternities, sororities, and organizations on campus? Are they actively engaging them and asking them to come to games?

We at least need to make it easy for students to get into games--not the long line fiasco we have now.

Having a concert every now and then couldn't hurt! It gets students in the stadium who may not otherwise be inclined to go.

Getting students involved in the pregame experience would be an even better idea, but I have less ideas (other than drinking) on how to do that.

I agree that winning and playing relevant games mean a lot as well. I don't think beating CCSU and St Francis are really considered "wins" in any sense.
04-14-2013 09:01 AM
Advertisement

Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
(04-14-2013 08:34 AM)JMU2014 Wrote:  I don't think a concert would do it unless it was somebody big and even then it would only be for one game. The real key is to win. Winning makes it cool for students to be proud of their team and their school, which makes them want to come to games. Losing (or even playing very close games) to teams like CCSU, Liberty, St. Francis, etc just reinforces the students' idea that we are "small time." Which is why I don't think we'll see the kind of student support that we all know is possible until we move up. Students just don't care about Towson, Richmond, W&M, etc.

That's funny. Those are two teams that many alums on here are still clinging on to as a reason to stay in the CAA.
04-14-2013 03:20 PM
JMU2014 Offline
2nd String

(04-14-2013 03:20 PM)Potomac Wrote:  
(04-14-2013 08:34 AM)JMU2014 Wrote:  I don't think a concert would do it unless it was somebody big and even then it would only be for one game. The real key is to win. Winning makes it cool for students to be proud of their team and their school, which makes them want to come to games. Losing (or even playing very close games) to teams like CCSU, Liberty, St. Francis, etc just reinforces the students' idea that we are "small time." Which is why I don't think we'll see the kind of student support that we all know is possible until we move up. Students just don't care about Towson, Richmond, W&M, etc.

That's funny. Those are two teams that many alums on here are still clinging on to as a reason to stay in the CAA.

Exactly. Yeah there are a ton of students from Richmond and there are a ton of students from Tidewater area but they could not care less about whether we play Richmond or W&M. They are small time and if we play them, and especially if we lose, then we must be small time too, right?. Why would students give up 3 hours of their Saturday to come watch us play either a team they've never heard of, or watch us play some small time school when Tech, UVA, UNC or another school they root for is on TV?

I see it every single day on campus and it isn't going to change if we continue to play at the level we play. Concerts or not. It sucks but it's the truth.
04-14-2013 06:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.