Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU Foundation donations
Bookmark and Share
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
NIU Foundation donations
Got a phone call last night from the telefund (NIU Foundation).

Apparently NIU has 2 anonymous donors who are EACH matching donations (not sure if its just thru the telefund or not) until some time in June (don't remember if it was 15th or 30th).
04-12-2013 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
RE: NIU Foundation donations
(04-12-2013 08:44 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Got a phone call last night from the telefund (NIU Foundation).

Apparently NIU has 2 anonymous donors who are EACH matching donations (not sure if its just thru the telefund or not) until some time in June (don't remember if it was 15th or 30th).

Thats awesome. We need to build that endowment up. I'm in for a few sheckles, especially if they are being matched.
04-12-2013 09:03 AM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

Somewhat of a side note. There has been recent talks that Dean Schoenbachler in the COB has approached some alumni on a donation for the COB. I heard that she's looking for ballpark of 6-8M for a naming opportunity. I'm interested in who she's talked to, if this happens, and the possible naming of COB.
04-12-2013 10:07 AM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
That seems kind of low for a naming opportunity.
04-12-2013 10:11 AM
Advertisement

niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(04-12-2013 10:11 AM)NIUSAE Wrote:  That seems kind of low for a naming opportunity.

Well, this is NIU... We aren't exactly knee deep in big donors.
04-12-2013 10:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-12-2013 10:07 AM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  Somewhat of a side note. There has been recent talks that Dean Schoenbachler in the COB has approached some alumni on a donation for the COB. I heard that she's looking for ballpark of 6-8M for a naming opportunity. I'm interested in who she's talked to, if this happens, and the possible naming of COB.

Naming after an Alum or a Company?
04-12-2013 10:53 AM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I don't know all details, but I was under the impression of an alumni, not a corporation. As for it being low, here are some other colleges that were named and their price.

Quinlan at Loyola this past year was 40M
Michael Price at Oklahoma was 18M and that also funded a new COB hall, very nice I must say
Florida Warrington College of Business committed 16M.

Ya it does seem low, I find it weird Barsema gives over 20M and yes it was for the facility, but they should have done it all at once. It would be weird to have a be De La Vega College of Business, I just used him because he's a more prominent MBA alum, housed at Barsema Hall. There is also talks of setting up a downtown Chicago EMBA program, making good progress IMO. I think the new president with his business background will help our COB flourish even more than it has.
04-12-2013 11:40 AM
Advertisement

RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Does this include matching HASF donations?
04-12-2013 03:27 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-12-2013 03:27 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  Does this include matching HASF donations?

I did not ask but I do not think so.

HASF and NIU Foundation are different entities as far as I know.
04-12-2013 04:11 PM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

(04-12-2013 04:11 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 03:27 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  Does this include matching HASF donations?

I put my HASF donations in through the foundation website...under "athletics" or something, maybe they just go through there though and still are separate.
04-12-2013 08:39 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-12-2013 08:39 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 04:11 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

I put my HASF donations in through the foundation website...under "athletics" or something, maybe they just go through there though and still are separate.

Ya I do remember seeing that.

I would still guess that this matching thing is only for the general fund and not towards HASF or even the CPC.
04-12-2013 11:06 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(04-12-2013 10:07 AM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  Somewhat of a side note. There has been recent talks that Dean Schoenbachler in the COB has approached some alumni on a donation for the COB. I heard that she's looking for ballpark of 6-8M for a naming opportunity. I'm interested in who she's talked to, if this happens, and the possible naming of COB.

Isn't it already named after Barsema? I've always wished that we had a business library there. Would have helped a lot when I was studying for UBUS or group projects. Just dreaming though.
04-14-2013 06:49 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(04-14-2013 06:49 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  

Isn't it already named after Barsema? I've always wished that we had a business library there. Would have helped a lot when I was studying for UBUS or group projects. Just dreaming though.

It would be the "Fred Rogers" school of business at Barsema Hall I think.
04-14-2013 08:58 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-14-2013 06:49 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  

The building is named after Barsema not the College of Business.

Barsema Hall
04-15-2013 07:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.